bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tough Guys  (Read 3992 times)

longhorn

Tough Guys
« on: July 12, 2006, 01:10:27 AM »

Two old roughnecks were camping in the woods, and on the fire they had made were a boiling hot kettle of coffee and a boiling hot pot of beans. As they sat around the fire conversing, the discussion of "Who was the toughest" of the two men errupted.  The first roughneck replied, I'll show you how tough I am, and he walked over to the fire, picked up the boiling kettle of coffee and gulped it down, "There, that will show you how tough I am.  The second roughneck said oh yea, and he walked over to the fire, picked up a spoon and got a huge scoop of boiling hot beans and gulped them down.  The second roughneck said, "There, that will show you how tough I am.

All of a sudden they herd a comotiom, and out from the brushes came a burly roughneck of a fellow riding on a grizzly bear, with a rattlesnake in each hand using them for whips.  The burly roughneck comes charging up to the fire and whack's the grizzly bear over the head with the rattlesnakes which makes him stop, he throws down the rattlesnakes, hops of the grizzly, runs over to the fire and picks up the pot of boiling beans with his bare hands, gobbles down the entire boiling pot of beans, he picks up the boiling kettle of coffee and guzzles it down.  Then he picks up the rattlesnakes, hops back on the grizzly bear and say's...... I hate to eat and run fellows, but there's a tough guy chasing me.

Beloved

Re: Tough Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »

This sounds a little like James and Johns the sons of Thunders argument. Who's the best?  It is hard to overcome the idol of competition and even harder to submit and be the least of all.
Most people do not want to take the lowly road of servantude

beloved

gmik

Re: Tough Guys
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Longhorn, you have been watching blazing saddles a little too much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.