bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Common Sense  (Read 5163 times)

mcmiller

Common Sense
« on: July 11, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »

A man was driving down a country road far from any town or farms when he drove over a nail and got a flat tire.  He pulled off to the side of the road to change the tire and noticed a man standing by the nearby fence.  He asked the man why he was there and was informed that he was a patient of the local mental institution out for a walk.  The driver then proceeded to change his flat tire.  Remembering what his father had taught him, he carefully removed each lug nut and placed it in the inside of the hubcap of the wheel he was changing.  As he walked around to the trunk of his car to get his spare tire, another car drove by and ran over the edge of the hubcap with the lug nuts inside flinging the lug nuts far into the tall grass by the side of the road.  Realizing that he would never be able to find the lug nuts in the tall grass, the driver began walking in the direction of the last town he had passed in order to purchase some lug nuts and hopefully get a ride back.  As he came upon the man by the fence again, the mental patient said, " Why don"t you take one lug nut from each of the other three wheels on your car and use them to attach your spare tire.  That will at least allow you to get back to town if you don't drive too fast."  The driver thought that was a great idea and replied to the mental patient, "That's a pretty smart idea, why are you in a mental institution?" To which the patient responded, " I'm stark raving nuts, but not stupid."

Mark

YellowStone

Re: Common Sense
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »

A man was driving down a country road far from any town or farms when he drove over a nail and got a flat tire.  He pulled off to the side of the road to change the tire and noticed a man standing by the nearby fence.  He asked the man why he was there and was informed that he was a patient of the local mental institution out for a walk.  The driver then proceeded to change his flat tire.  Remembering what his father had taught him, he carefully removed each lug nut and placed it in the inside of the hubcap of the wheel he was changing.  As he walked around to the trunk of his car to get his spare tire, another car drove by and ran over the edge of the hubcap with the lug nuts inside flinging the lug nuts far into the tall grass by the side of the road.  Realizing that he would never be able to find the lug nuts in the tall grass, the driver began walking in the direction of the last town he had passed in order to purchase some lug nuts and hopefully get a ride back.  As he came upon the man by the fence again, the mental patient said, " Why don"t you take one lug nut from each of the other three wheels on your car and use them to attach your spare tire.  That will at least allow you to get back to town if you don't drive too fast."  The driver thought that was a great idea and replied to the mental patient, "That's a pretty smart idea, why are you in a mental institution?" To which the patient responded, " I'm stark raving nuts, but not stupid."

Mark

You would be very surprised of those that are.  :D

I've seen it for myself.

How about the one who runs out of gas, because they were speeding to get there before they did!  Common Sense, it's a pity they don't teach it any more.

Thanks,

YellowStone

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:50 AM »

I can relate to this. Stupid is as stupid does. Many of us show a bit of Forrest Gump from time to time. 

One time I was drooling at watches in a swank jewelery store. The attendent came up to me and began showing me some of them. he asked if I wanted a second hand.  I looked at him and said " Of course how on earth could I tell the time with just One hand.   As I kept looking he slowly back away.

Beloved.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

;D ;D ;D

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 03:45:30 PM »

I can relate to this. Stupid is as stupid does. Many of us show a bit of Forrest Gump from time to time. 

One time I was drooling at watches in a swank jewelery store. The attendent came up to me and began showing me some of them. he asked if I wanted a second hand.  I looked at him and said " Of course how on earth could I tell the time with just One hand.   As I kept looking he slowly back away.

Beloved.

Yup!   :)  Don't know how true this is, but I've heard that the closer a person comes to genius level, the closer they are to insanity. Remember when King Agrippa said to Paul: "Much learning doth make thee mad"? hehe ... I won't tell you what my IQ is!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.