bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you obey my commandments  (Read 4537 times)

patmokgoko

If you obey my commandments
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »

Hi friends, i was reading 1 John 2:1-2 but got stuck when i went on to read verses 3-6, I see so many conditions there, please help, is seems conditional.

G. Driggs

Re: If you obey my commandments
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:24:48 AM »

Hello patmokgoko,

It seems the only condition is when we will do what is written. Either now in this age, or in the next.

Found some verses that seem related to the ones you were asking about.

1Jn 2:1-6  My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world. And by this we know that we have known Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, I have known Him, and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His Word, truly in this one the love of God is perfected. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.

1Jn 3:18-21  My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And in this we shall know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him, that if our heart accuses us, God is greater than our heart and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not accuse us, we have confidence toward God.

Jas 1:22,23  But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man studying his natural face in a mirror.

All humanity will become doers of the word eventually. It's all up to God as to when. A precious few He is giving the motivation and the desire now, and the rest will have the motivation and the desire later.

Like that old saying, "you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk"? Either way all is of God, He has a way of making the lame walk. :) As for me, I'm still learning to crawl. :D

Peace,

G.Driggs  

patmokgoko

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »

Thank you Driggs, for your prompt response, the thing is I am a Christian Universalist in South Africa.The gospel of "inclusion" is very very rare in this country. I have started to study it some 6 years ago and now I am enjoying it, i am busy with my second book, and I  quote or steal material from like minded believers though I do not mention their names, I can't help it.Those who used to laugh at me years ago now want to know more about this gospel, just some years ago they were calling me Lucifer, that did not bother me knowing that Jesus was called names.Now they are thoughtfully questioning like the "whosoever" in John 3:16.Believe me the Lord is steering people to the truth this time around. There is a sudden hunger for the truth in the area I live in.
May the good Lord bless you all.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »

Hi friends, i was reading 1 John 2:1-2 but got stuck when i went on to read verses 3-6, I see so many conditions there, please help, is seems conditional.

FYI: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

The link is to a bible study from Ray titled 'Can We Lose God's Spirit and Eonian Life?' There are conditions that one must meet to be God's Elect. The catch is only God can give you the ability to meet these conditions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.