bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which was first?  (Read 3835 times)

dave

which was first?
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »

Ive sent this off to Ray's email also.

I understand 1Co 15:45  so also it hath been written, `The first man Adam became a living creature,' the last Adam is for a life-giving spirit,
That the first man was a living creature, a soul.
I have longed followed the teaching of Br. Eby, finding at times that perhaps he leads me in error. As in the case of Eby's" Law of Circularity."  I accepted that teaching until L. Ray Smith and others said that teaching was in error, the reason was 1Cor 15:45. Now here is my quandray, the word "breath" in Genesis 2:7 is  the breathH5397 of life;H2416 

breathH5397  a puff, that is, wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect or (concretely) an animal: - blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
life;H2416  alive; hence raw (flesh);

Should I believe as I did that that "breath" of Gen.2:7 was just to get man breathing, I can understand that man was a firist "breathing creature aka a living soul. But now that that word "breath" is singled out as HIS breath=spirit, intellect, inspiration. I must wonder. That word {breath H5397] is used only when it pertains to the Lord, Almighty, God. And if that is true, then why are we not ORIGINALLY spirit? And I am taking into consideration.
1Cor.15:45

servias

Re: which was first?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »

I've been going threw this in my head numerous times.  Its deep stuff.

If I understand your question correctly...."are we spirit first"

I do not think we are originally spirit.  I think that would be like saying were we originally an egg & sperm.

Maybe 15:45 and reading further to 50 is just trying to explain how the physical us, will eventually be spiritual and non-physical. 
1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That being said you have raised questions that I now have.  Like...was spirit only given to man threw Adam first?  Which now has multiplied into what it is now?  Is "spirit" like a seed that grows?  Is spirit something we own to ourselves or can it be traded in to be used on someone else?  Maybe spirit is GOD, GOD is life, right?  Spirit is life, right?  -I'm confusing myself again sorry for thinking out loud- :)

Like I said this is deep stuff and hard to understand with our carnal brains.  But very interesting and hopefully somebody can chime in!

Kat

Re: which was first?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:06:28 AM »

Hi Micah7:9,

Dan got me to thinking about what you were asking here. So first of all man is made out of "the dust of the ground," into a physical being, that's the first He says there.

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground...

But we can see with all life is first formed/created, even within the mother womb and when that is complete, then it gets the breath of life. It was next/secondly that God breathed into him the spirit of life that Adam/man became a living souls.

Gen 2:7 ...and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The spirit/breath from God goes into a person and gives the physical flesh and bones life/awareness/existence. This spirit gives man, as well as animals 'life,' as all things consist by Him.

Col 1:17  And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.  

Can you see how God is omnipresence, as His spirit (not talking about the Holy Spirit here) is in all things?

Pro 20:27  The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all his innermost parts.

Ray explained this in a way that may help you with this at the '06 Mobile Conference.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.msg27960.html ------------

So let’s think about this a little bit, who is the Father? In Him we live and breath and have our being. Liken the ocean to the Spirit of God, and liken us to the fish. The fish are 95% water, the ocean is in the fish, and the fish are in the ocean, get it?

A bird has very porous bones, because they have to be very light. It flies in the heavens, it breaths fast, because it needs strength and oxygen. So the air (which is like the Spirit of God, which is what he calls it in the NT, Greek word for spirit is pheuma), the expanse is even called heaven, where the bird flies, and liken the air to the Spirit of God. The bird has air in him and is flying through the air.

Now this is what the Scriptures say, we are in God and God is in us. So, get it out of your head that God is a man, sitting on a stone throne, like Abraham Lincoln in Washington D.C., an old man with gray hair. God is right here, it (Bible) says so, we have to just listen to the words.

God is Spirit, it also says God is invisible, you can’t see Him, not literally. We can see Him in Spirit, as in our heart, in our mind, our soul, our spirit, in our innermost being.

The thing that makes us different from plants and other animals, is we can 'see' God. I’m trying to help you right now, to see God. So when you leave here, you will see God in a way you didn’t, when you walked in here. If God opens it up to you, I can only tell you, but God must open it up for you to grasp it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that is of some help.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:05:50 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.