bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what is rightousness?  (Read 5907 times)

jerry

what is rightousness?
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:29:20 AM »

I rightousness is the one thing we know is requierd,for the bible says be therfor rightous as He is rightous,so what is rightousness?how do we know it we are rightous?can a man say hey Im a rightous man because.what are the rightous requirments of the law?I just thought this would be a good topic.Jerry

jenniferonline

Re: what is rightousness?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:43:23 AM »

Good topic.. thanks for encouraging study time for the weary.  :)
defined:
Greek: diškaiov - righteous, observing divine laws, innocent, faultless, guiltless, justified

Here's an absolute:

Rom4
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Relatively speaking:

Rom3
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Conclusion (not that i think i'm concluding this research for anyone):  ;)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified (declared RIGHTEOUS) freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him (THAT's US) which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? (Works will never cut the mustard) Nay: but by the law of faith. (faith justifies us and makes us righteous, not our faith, but His faith given to us.  We don't even get credit for the faith that makes us righteous! Eph 2:8-9)
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified (declared righteous) by faith without the deeds of the law.

Thanks so much for posting this.  Studying is good.  I welcome correction in any of my 'logic'!  ;D

This one i'm still trying to get though:
Rom3
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Establish meaning set a higher standard? such as we don't sin outwardly (where everyone can see) AND we don't sin in our hearts (where only God can see)?

-Jen

orion77

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »

Jerry, this is a good topic, and Jen, good post.

Wow, if our salvation depended upon our own righteousness, we would all be in trouble.  Faith, which is a gift from God and not faith that we can boast of, but given to us.  It is all about Him.

Salvation, faith, righteousness, forgiveness, mercy, long suffering, patience, meekness and love are all of and from God.  Seeing how we were before and where He has us now, can we take credit for any of these things? 

God bless,

Gary

chumkin

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

excellent thread and topic!!!

so much so much wonderfull  things to discuss!!

Jam 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Mat 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

chump

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

I like what you said Jen, we are 'declared' righteous.  God has already concluded in His heart that we are righteous, because it is the end result.  We are not righteous at this time, and that is sure evident in our lives, but God has declared us to be righteous because of the righteousness and obedience of Christ.  

1Pe 1:2  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Love to All,
Brian

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »

Amen to that Bobby.

jerry

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »

so its not our rightous acts that make us rightous but His one act on the cross,and when we perform rightous acts its not us doing it but christ in us? the will of God made manifest through christ in us...............Jerry

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

Great responses, let me add this to the mix;

2Pe 1:1  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:

2Pe 1:2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,

2Pe 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We have no righteousness but through Him, and that begins with faith and grows into love (charity) for all, friend and enemy alike,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.