bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friends in the Philippines  (Read 5251 times)

Ireland

Friends in the Philippines
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:59:36 PM »

Just wanted to shout out to any friends there in the Phils. I really love that beautiful country that consists of more than 7,000 islands. I have seen a post or two from a gentleman that lives there in Manila I think. Anyway, hope to hear from some people from there soon and God bless you! Maybe we can start an interesting thread about your life in truth on the other side of the world.

mmijares

Re: Friends in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »

Hi Ireland!

Nice to meet you here.  I am Mij from Manila, Philippines.  Have you been in Philippines?  What do you like most in my country.  Me, the FOOD!  Especially dishes that are cooked in coconut milk spiced by our native chili called "siling labuyo".  Hot enough to crave for more rice!  Haha.

Where are you from?  Are you from Ireland?  :D

Looking forward to exchanging "notes" with you.

-Mij

Ireland

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »

Hi Mij, I am actually from the USA but just like Ireland. You could say that is one of my dream destinations LOL. Thanks for your reply. I have been there. I went to Manila, Tagatay, and Davao City. I loved the beautiful scenery there when you get away from the bigger cities. Adobo was a really good dish I enjoyed along with a type of soup (sinegang sp?). The fruit is really delicious in that tropical climate, especially the mango. I did not like durian that much, but maybe that is an acquired taste.
   Are you from the Phils? Have you ever been outside of your country? I often wonder how many people over there have heard the truths we share on this forum. Do you know anybody in your city that fellowships with you? Take care Mij and we will keep in touch. I will respond to this thread, but I will also pm you sometime too. Thanks

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »

Not from the Phillipines and have never been.  Just wanted to say that "I did not like durian that much, but maybe that is an acquired taste." is a very gracious statement.   :D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

The durian (pronounced /ˈdjʊriən/)[2] is the fruit of several tree species belonging to the genus Durio and the Malvaceae family[1][3] (although some taxonomists place Durio in a distinct family, Durionaceae[1]). Widely known and revered in southeast Asia as the "king of fruits", the durian is distinctive for its large size, unique odour, and formidable thorn-covered husk. The fruit can grow as large as 30 centimetres (12 in) long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter, and it typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb). Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown, and its flesh pale yellow to red, depending on the species.

The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine and gym socks. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »

Hi,

From down under  new zealand   Waimate the south isl  half way between Timaru & Oamaru. south of ch ch = christchurch,  by car 2 .1 / 2 hours,  pop under 5.000 people & known by many here .

Been to Thailand , = Phuket  a 3 week stay. & got to know 100 people there. & many others while coming & going,

...noeleena...

mmijares

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:50:38 PM »

Poor Durian  ;D  But I like its taste you know....and funny, I don't even think its smell is offensive.

Ireland... adobo (whether its chicken or pork) is a dish that I most want to have for my lunch pack.  It is easy to prepare, does not stale easily, aannnd... taste better after stored for 2 or 3 hours  :D

I am currently in Manila.  I used to work in Japan and in Solomon Islands too but since I have two kids and get easily homesicked... I no longer intend to work abroad apart from my family.

As for fellowshipping, I have a friend whom from time to time I exchange thoughts about God, His plans, etc.  There are denominations here that do not believe in "hell" but I have to find out yet if they don't believe in freewill also.  But, even if I found out that they don't, I don't know if I will go and fellowship with them.  I am currently content of visiting the B-T regularly, reading and re-reading the articles and eveyone's posts.  You, take care too!

Noeleena... Ah, Thailand... If I got lucky financially this year, I really really would like to treat my family to Thailand!

Ireland

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 01:16:32 AM »

Hi Mij! Yes, adobo seems easy to prepare and it tastes so good. I understand your situation there as far as having a lack of others to meet with. It is good to have this site to read and help with understanding the scriptures. I remember Manila is so big and so many people LOL. The bus drivers there are scary ;D! The one I had drove like he was in a sports car weaving in and out of traffic. I was very content to walk after that haha. Well, it is so good to hear from you. Try not to get to hot there and God bless you and your family.

Hi Noeleena. Yes, you are close to the Philippines way over there haha. I hear you have a beautiful country. I would love to visit there someday and Australia too. Now I just need to hit the lottery! God bless you too and glad to meet you.

rimandok

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:00:29 AM »

Hi, mij. Am from Cagayan de Oro. Glad to know a fellow filipino who believes in God's ultimate plan of reconcillation. I am kind of alone in my belief where i am right now.   

mmijares

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:06:10 AM »

Praise be to God!  At long last, another native of Philippines here in B-T!!!

Been here for years and there were few Filipinos before I am but they seem to be no longer around.
So you can imagine how I have been waiting for fellow Pinoy to come here in B-T.

Yes, God's universal salvation is everyone's hope.
And I am very glad it IS the truth.

Cagayan huh.... do you sometime visit Manila?

Please keep in touch, bro.

God bless!!!
Mij

rimandok

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 05:56:43 AM »

Yes, bro mij. Will keep in touch when I visit Manila sometime in December. Been here in BT too for several years na. Altho only now  I have registered in the forum. Its my main avenue for fellowship with like-minded believers.

God Bless.   

Ireland

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:48 PM »

Wow, another Filipino. So cool and it makes me happy to see another brother from that beautiful country. Glad to see you have been reading here and hope you are well. We are blessed to know and understand this truth about our Lord! My friend married a girl from Cagayan and they have a blessed marriage. Take care you guys and hope to see you one day.

rimandok

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

Ireland, would that be Cagayan de Oro City? or Cagayan Province?

Thank you for appreciating the beauty of our country. We are a beautiful people, too,by God's grace. aherm..

I am hoping Filipino believers in RAT (reconciliation of all things, just my own funny term to satisfy those who belittle the glorious message we believe in) will meet one day in a wonderful fellowship.

Hope to see you one day, too, Ireland. God Bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.