bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil  (Read 5957 times)

River

Evil
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:52:08 PM »

I was taught growing up that evil had no purpose and was counter to God's plan. How is one to respond to it now that we learn it is part of the plan?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Evil
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »

..resist not evil...

Arc

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

Hi River,

This is from Ray's article 'The Synagogue of Satan - There's One Near You,' it shoud give you some help with this subject.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html -------------------------------------

God "created evil" (Isa. 45:7). God does not create things that do not serve a good purpose. By the way, the word translated into "evil" in Isa. 45:7 is the Hebrew word ra, and it is the very same word translated hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times as "evil" throughout the Old Testament.

Now the word ra does not have a conscience and therefore has no moral bias. Evil is not ‘SIN.’ God created evil; God Himself is not evil. And strictly speaking, God did not create sin, nor has God Himself ever sinned. What God has done is created humanity in a spiritually weakened state that is totally incapable of even understanding spiritual laws and principle, let alone being capable of obeying them. And this was not a sin or mistake on God’s part, this was weakness by design. Therefore, God is responsible (certainly not accountable), but responsible for all sin. And God has already taken responsibility for all sin by Sacrificing His Son, Jesus Christ:

"Behold the Lamb of God, which TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD (John 1:29);

"And He [Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our’s only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).
v

The Scriptures assure us that God did not create things that had no purpose for existence in the first place. All that God created was "very good." God "created evil," how can evil be good? That sounds like something God Himself said that we should not say: "Woe unto them that call evil good…" (Isa. 5:20).

First let me clarify that it is God Who says to US not to do this. In Gen. 1:31 it is God Who says:

"And God saw every thing that He had made [‘I make peace, and create evil’ Isa. 45:7] , and, behold, it was very good…"

Is this a contradiction? No, but it takes a bit of wisdom beyond childhood to properly understand it. God makes things that are "good," even "very good," that are not inherently good. That is, they are not good in and by themselves, but they are very good, in fact, PERFECT, for the purpose for which they were created.
v

Next, let’s see a few of the evils that God Himself has used after Adam sinned:

"I create EVIL" (Isa. 45:7)

Out of God’s mouth "proceeds…EVIL" (Lam. 3:38).

"…an experience of EVIL has God given to the sons of man…" (Ecc. 1:13, Concordant Liter Old Testament).

"…I [God] will raise up EVIL against thee…" (II Sam. 12:11).

"…has not the Potter [God] the right… to make… one [vessel] for DISHONOR?" (Rom. 9:19-25).

"I [God] created the waster to DESTROY" (Isa. 54:16).

"The Lord has made…the WICKED for the day of EVIL" (Prov. 16:4).

"…I [God] will bring EVIL from the north, and a great DESTRUCTION (Jer. 4:6).

"…Hear, O earth: behold, I [God] will bring EVIL upon this people…" (Jer. 6:19).

God told a "lying spirit" to "…go forth, and do so [lie]" (I Kings 22:22).

"He [God] turned their heart to HATE His people…" (Psalm 105:25).

"Behold I [God] frame EVIL against you…" (Jer. 18:11).

"For God locks up all together in STUBBORNNESS [that’s an evil]…" (Rom. 11:32).

"O Lord, why have You MADE us TO ERR from your ways…" (Isa. 63:17).

"…so shall the Lord bring upon you ALL EVIL THINGS…" (Josh. 23:15).

"…shall there be EVIL in a city, and the Lord has not done it?" (Amos 3:6).

"Yet He [God] is SCOURGING [severely beating] every son to whom He is receiving" (Heb. 12:5).

"What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive EVIL" (Job 2:10).

"Thus saith the Lord of hosts… go and SMITE Amalek… DESTROY… SLAY both man and woman, infant and suckling…" (I Sam. 15:2-3).

"…God shall send them strong DELUSION, that they should believe A LIE" (II Thes. 2:11).

I do not take delight in presenting these Scriptures to you. They are hard saying, for sure, but they are the truth; they are Scriptural; and they are all done by God; and they are "very good" in accomplishing the desired end result that God has planned from the beginning. God is justified in all that He does. All is out of love and for the advancement of turning every human creature into the very "Image of God."
v

The Scriptures are quite clear on this subject. And the twenty some verses I quoted above should be sufficient proof to even the most stubborn reader, that God is both the Creator and User of many forms of evil, and yet is without sin and not evil, Himself. God uses evil for good. And this is a prerogative that only God uses righteously 100% of the time.

Why do I spend so much time on this subject of evil’s Authorship? Because it is one of the most import truths in the whole world! It is the answer to maybe the most colossal enigma in all creation—Why is there, and must there be, evil in the world? Let me state with all humility that no theologian who believes that Satan is the author of evil, can ever explain why God put evil in the "tree of the knowledge of GOOD…"!! They might attempt a feeble explanation if God had put evil in its own tree, but not when God put it in the same tree with good! God is responsible for not only all the evil in the world, but God is responsible for EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE, and God is the most responsible Being in the universe. Just Who’s responsible for this mess? God is! And just Who’s going to clean up this mess? God is!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »

..resist not evil...

Arc

This quote from the KJV is poorly worded and contradicts James 4:7 which tells us to 'resist the Devil'. The surrounding verses help to understand Jesus means we are not to 'get even' when someone wrongs us.

Matt 5:38-40  “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. [NKJV]

Here are a few more translations of verse 39:

New American Standard Version - But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Concordant Literal Version - Yet I am saying to you not to withstand a wicked person, but anyone who slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

New International Version - But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Marques

River

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »

Thanks Kat..I had read that before but needed to read it again. I think my lack of faith shows in this area. I just wonder how I could really think if I actually fully believed the scriptures.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 04:01:33 AM »

I was taught growing up that evil had no purpose and was counter to God's plan. How is one to respond.................

Hey River

Here is another way that might help...

Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. ~ :)

Arc

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:01:34 AM »

Hi River,

Yea these articles are so brim full of information that we just can't remember most (or even half) of it in a read through. That's why I like to search back through the articles and find the info on certain subjects. Sometimes I find a subject matter scattered through a number of articles, but pulled all together it usually covers the subject very well. It helps me learn a lot and I can post it here to answer questions as well, it's all good. Goggle advanced search is a great tool to have  :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »

I was taught growing up that evil had no purpose and was counter to God's plan. How is one to respond to it now that we learn it is part of the plan?

These two verses pop into my mind when I think about the evil God causes.

Gen 50:20  But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I just tell myself all is of God, and all He does is for our ultimate good. I don't completely understand it, but verses like the above help me believe it.

G.Driggs

River

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

These two verses pop into my mind when I think about the evil God causes.

Gen 50:20  But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I just tell myself all is of God, and all He does is for our ultimate good. I don't completely understand it, but verses like the above help me believe it.

G.Driggs

Thanks G.Driggs the Genesis scripture says a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.