bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: critique this statement.....  (Read 4733 times)

GaryK

critique this statement.....
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »

"god is everything and everything else is nothing"

mharrell08

Re: critique this statement.....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »

Mumbo-Jumbo, Gobbley-Gook  :D

GaryK

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »

Mumbo-Jumbo, Gobbley-Gook  :D

Yep.   

Local motorcycling ex-hippie 'pastor' wrote an article about his recent trip to Nepal.  While there he writes the 'holy spirit' spoke to him and said those words, and all of the sudden God, his 'mystery', and the world itself was crystal to him, more or less.   

Must be some-kind-of-mushrooms growing in those mountains.   ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »

ALL is of God.

"Everything else"... therefore, would be nothing...or illusion posing as something...as in false evidence appearing real...

Arc

JohnMichael

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »

It's definitely a stretch, but there are these verses:

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Rev 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God is everywhere, in everything:

1Ki 8:27  But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
2Ch 2:6  But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

Without God, there is nothing.

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »

I believe everything that is,comes out from God,but I do not believe His creation is for nothing. That's what He does,He creates. If God is creating a family of sons and daughters for His kingdom and feels nothing for them, then what in the world would be the point of it all? Everything the Father has set into motion has value, or the process that we have come to know through the Word wouldn't be worth the paper it is written on.

God is a God of Love,that is everything.To say otherwise would be denying Him of what He is and His ultimate plan and purpose that make up all of His creation.We are all something in Gods eye,if not,we would not exist. 

Peace...Mark

River

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 12:55:21 AM »

JohnMichael did a great response and he didn't even travel to Nepal or touch mushrooms. I think?..  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.