bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christians expecting greatness  (Read 5607 times)

mharrell08

Christians expecting greatness
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »

FYI: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15406131

I like this article because it shows the typical Christian attitude: God will give me whatever I want because I have faith. They treat faith as an ATM card and God is their personal bank.

River

Re: Christians expecting greatness
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »

And I have found that many will say it is yourself at fault for all the things you don't have such as money, great job etc. After all if you had "faith" then you get all the goodies rolling your way. Sure is a lot of people in the world who like to be poor, hungry and miserable. If only they would just free will themselves to the rich and glory side.  :P

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »

Word of Faith teaching....  :(
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Joel

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »

I am ashamed to admit that I am guilty of harboring that view of God in my younger days. :-[
The whole idea of get, get, get, and prosperity, and blessings, are so prevalent in the world today it has become a big old snare of the devil to deceive those that are new to the Faith.

And the sad thing is, a lot of the older generation are guilty of keeping that view of what God is, going now for years, and are raking in a lot of dough from continuing that deception to the sheep. And as Ray points out tithing is the way it is perpetrated year after year, and causes one to feel guilty if they don't follow that rule.

You seldom if ever hear the prosperity preachers talk about how that most if not all the people of God recorded in the Bible, had to suffer in some way shape or form and were to be the SERVANTS of the most high God. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ was the best example ever of the suffering servant.

I must admit that God has blessed me in much that I have put my hands to do, but I know now that is not the main purpose and the over all big picture he wants us to see in our walk with him. :)

Joel

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:35 PM »

And I have found that many will say it is yourself at fault for all the things you don't have such as money, great job etc. After all if you had "faith" then you get all the goodies rolling your way. Sure is a lot of people in the world who like to be poor, hungry and miserable. If only they would just free will themselves to the rich and glory side.  :P

And then somehow they can never detect their own hypocrisy in dunning their listeners and watchers on TV with fund raising scheme after scheme.  Every other week they are facing the worst crisis the ministry has ever faced and if you don't give sacrificially and do a vow they are going under and God won't be pleased.  Somehow they never detect there own hypocrisy in this.  What...do they not have the faith to move mountains like they tell you that you need to have?  Why are the 'goodies' not rolling their way?  The contradictions never seem apparent to them.

River

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:20:47 AM »

Love how you took that deeper Arion...how true.

Joel..don't feel bad, I have been duped by so much. Keeps you humbled. Nice post, enjoyed that.

Duane

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »

I just saw on tv last night that if you get (buy) the blessed holy water that you will get what you desire!
This young girl was jumping up and down because she got the water and then recieved a new house and TWO new cars!  "Rev." Popoff sez so!  Obama care!    Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.