bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was anyone watching?  (Read 3770 times)

lauriellen

Was anyone watching?
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:03 AM »

Did anyone watch the 1 hour program tonight broadcast on 6 (no less) of the discovery/learning channels and the 30 min debate that followed? The show gave a world renown scientist 1 hour to lay out why he believes science proves their is no God, and then 30 minutes for a mixed panel to discuss/debate/refute.....
Just found it all very interesting, and especially his last statement was something to the effect that he did not believe there was a heaven or hell or afterlife, that we only had 1 chance to enjoy the "GRAND DESIGN" of the universe....(???????).....i was thinking, duh, you just spent a whole hour telling us there was NO design.... ??? :P :-[ :-\
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:26:22 AM by lauriellen »

Kat

Re: Was anyone watching?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »

Hi Lauriellen,

Yea I watched it, with Stephen Hawking renowned British scientist, the show title "Is There a Creator?"

Hawking explained that the universe could have started from nothing. That in experiments we can see how sub-atomic particles are seen to just pop in and out of existence, from nowhere. Now since the Big Bang started out smaller than an atom, the universe likely 'popped' into existence - Big Bang. Now since nothing/nobody was needed to start the creation the universe, there was no need for a creator.

Also his idea was that time started with the Big Bang, so before that there was no time and therefore nothing else, alas no God. His argument was very weak to me, just looking for some reasonable (to him) explanation to satisfy his scientific mind. But there were many time during the show that they explained things that happened, as the universe was developing, as 'lucky' that it went the way it did. Many times there was no attempt to explain how/why something happened, just that it did.

So I guess you can tell, even though he is a great scientist of our time, I was not impressed with his commentary on God. But I loved the amazing images they had developed to show the grandeur of the universe and the many spectacular things that are out there and how they made it look real and come alive.

Kat

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »

Hi Janine,

The show is called 'Curiosity' comes on Sunday nights at 8pm e/p. It was an interesting show and like I said I really loved all the images that they showed, like you were traveling through outer space and seeing all the different galaxies and the planets in motions  8)

Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »

Yeah I watched it too!
I actually thought Stephan was going to rebut his last comments about God and the universe but it seemed like he got worse.
How any of those scientist on that panel seemed to avoid the cause of all things perplexed me.
How can you say matter equals energy but then say that matter and energy came from nothing? What is nothing?
What caused the "big bang"?
I'm glad there are scientist who do ask these questions.
I thought it was sad that Galileo died believing what he believed about the universe.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.