bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about those who never heard the preachings  (Read 4051 times)

patmokgoko

What about those who never heard the preachings
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »

Hi friends, when I told my friends about those who never heard, they gave me "Acts 17:30 and Romans 1:20". And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men everywhere to repent. AND For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead,so that they are without excuse.
What i want to know is , do these verses mean that all those who did not hear the preachings will just be forgiven? The topic was about "what about those who never heard".According to them, those ones will enter the kingdom of heaven because they were never preached to, but those who reject now have no excuse.Please help.

mharrell08

Re: What about those who never heard the preachings
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »

Hi friends, when I told my friends about those who never heard, they gave me "Acts 17:30 and Romans 1:20". And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men everywhere to repent. AND For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead,so that they are without excuse.
What i want to know is , do these verses mean that all those who did not hear the preachings will just be forgiven? The topic was about "what about those who never heard".According to them, those ones will enter the kingdom of heaven because they were never preached to, but those who reject now have no excuse.Please help.

Excerpt from Letter to James Kennedy 2 (http://bible-truths.com/kendy2.htm):

YOUR "IGNORANCE DEFENSE"

Page 8: "He cannot cry that he is ignorant because he knows full well that he has done wrong."

Actually there is some merit to the "ignorance defense," Dr. Kennedy, even when one "knows that he has done wrong." Let us notice how God dealt with this problem in Israel:

Lev. 4:22: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 26.

Lev. 4:27: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 31.

Lev. 5:15: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 16.

Num. 15:25: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 26.

Num. 15:27: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 28.

Acts 3:17: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 19.

Heb. 5:2: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 3.

I Tim. 1:13: "sinning through ignorance" "sin is forgiven" Ver. 13

This last Scripture is most informative. Paul [formerly Saul] was not any ordinary sinner. God’s spirit inspired Paul to say that he was the "foremost" of sinners. The very worst the world has ever seen. God converted Saul in the time it takes for lightning to flash (Acts 9:3-5). There is a specific reason why God chose to convert and save the world’s greatest sinner. Notice:

"But therefore was I shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ should be displaying all His patience [God has ‘patience’ even with the worst of sinners], for a PATTERN of those who are about to be believing on Him for life eonian" (I Tim. 1:16).

God didn’t do this just once, and maybe in the wild blue yonder He might do it again. No. This is now a "pattern." This will be duplicated countless times from here on. As God can save the worst sinner the world has ever known, in an instant, He can likewise save anyone He wants, anytime He wishes
. Did Paul suggest that he was shown mercy because he had an "ignorance defense?" He sure did, although he didn’t have to personally present it:

"... I, who formerly was a calumniator and a persecutor and an outrager: but I was shown mercy, seeing that I do it being IGNORANT, in unbelief" (I Tim. 1:13-14).

Now, the supreme example of God’s mercy to the "ignorant."

"And when they were come to the place which is called Calvary, there they Crucify Him . . . Then said Jesus, ‘Father forgive them; for they know NOT what they do’" (Luke 23:33-34).

Imagine that, the very ones who CRUCIFIED THE SON OF GOD, are now forgiven (they were fully forgiven even before Christ expired on the tree), while people in India who tell a lie (p. 6), will burn in the fires of Hell for all eternity, without as much mercy as a drop of water!

The entire paper is a good read as it deals with this very subject, including the verses you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.