bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liar and murderer  (Read 12536 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Liar and murderer
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »

Just a thought here..but could "he was a mankiller and liar from the beginning (paraphrasing) imply that that was what he was created for?
From the beginning..meaning his start.. was and is to be a mankiller, liar, adversary etc.. in this age anyway

idk just a thought

Mark

Asolutely
Stacey

stanstillwhite

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »

Mankiller?...inevitably.  More like maneater.  He eats the carnal.  He eats dust.

Gen 3:14  And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen 3:19  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

I think it worth while to point out here that Jesus was not dust nor did He have any carnality in Him:

Joh 14:30  Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Loven,

Stan

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 05:29:44 PM »

I think it worth while to point out here that Jesus was not dust nor did He have any carnality in Him:

Joh 14:30  Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Loven,

Stan

How are you defining 'carnality' here, Stan?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

stanstillwhite

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »

Hey Dave,

I'm defining carnality here in the sense of being carnally minded.  Jesus was unwavering in His devotion to the Father.  And that devotion went much farther than most realize.  Some suspect but few realize. I would like to elaborate but I won't.  I will respect the rules of this forum.  Lets just say He really did fulfill the Law.

loven,

Stan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.