bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was Jesus born with the Holy Spirit?  (Read 5791 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Was Jesus born with the Holy Spirit?
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »

I've always believed this to be true, but, does the scripture actually say this??

We seem to be accepting that Jesus had the holy spirit of God in full measure.
To protect, to guide, to inspire etc.
What does that mean in relation to how we are indwelt with God's spirit?

Indiana Bob

Kat

Re: Was Jesus born with the Holy Spirit?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »

Hi Micah,

I've always believed this to be true, but, does the scripture actually say this??

Mat 1:23  "Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel," which being interpreted is, God with us.

This Scripture says that He was "Emmanuel... God with us," this is even before Jesus' birth and it declares Jesus is "God with us."

Luke 2:40  and the child grew and was strengthened in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace (divine influence on the heart) of God was upon Him.

Does that mean that He had the Holy Spirit from birth, most certainly.

Col 1:15  who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born of all creation.

Col 1:19  For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell.

I believe He was the image of God the Father before He was born, while on earth and is now.

Col 1:27  to whom God did will to make known what is the riches of the glory of this secret among the nations--which is Christ in you, the hope of the glory,

The Holy Spirit is "Christ in you," His very nature is what works in us and that is what gives us peace and assurance.

2Pe 1:3-4  His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence, by which He has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

John 16:33  I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.

We know that Christ overcame the world and it is only by His Spirit indwelling that He through us can overcome the world as well.

1John 4:4  You are of God, little children, and you have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1John 5:4  For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.

1John 5:12  He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.
v. 13  These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.

1John 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

GaryK

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

Good questions Bob.

I wonder the importance of this verse here, in other words, why the spirit of God descending if he already had the spirit of God?

.......and who is the 'he' in 'he saw'?....John or Jesus?

I suppose the greater question is, what are we supposed to take away from this? 

gk

Matthew 3:16
King James Version (KJV)

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »

Here's the Scripture of what JFK was speaking.

John 1:29  The next day John sees Jesus coming to him and says, Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
v. 30  This is He of whom I said, After me comes a Man who has been before me, for He preceded me.
v. 31  And I did not know Him, but that He be revealed to Israel, therefore I have come baptizing with water.
v. 32  And John bore record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from Heaven like a dove, and He abode on Him.
v. 33  And I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water, that One said to me, Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon Him, He is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
v. 34  And I saw and bore record that this is the Son of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

GaryK

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »

Yet further proof that Ray is right..........

"read ALL the words"

Thank you both.

Caveman back to cave now.  Ugh'em.

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »

Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit,not with it.

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 1:20  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit is The Fathers words whom Jesus received without measure to do what He was sent to do [live a sinless life] under the guidance of His Fathers Holy Words,for without living those words of Spirit,nothing remains.The Father had to teach Jesus because he could do nothing of His own.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:

Joh 3:34  For He whom God has sent speaks the Words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
Joh 3:35  The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

Heb 4:15 For we have not a Chief Priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but One Who has been tried in all respects like us, apart from sin."

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Indiana Bob

Joh 6:63...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Not any one of us are without sin but Jesus was and is because of the Fathers Holy words indwelling within Him.As we die daily to the sin in our lives that is how Jesus grows in us and we can then begin to have life unto the Holy Spirit of God,not a full measure per se, but only in part, because we are yet sinful flesh.

As Jesus says, without God He could do nothing

Joh 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Likewise, we too can do nothing without Christ.

Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »

Christ was the embodiment of the Father in flesh.

John 14:9  Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father'?

He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, but that doesn't mean He did not have the Holy Spirit indwelling. He was God in the flesh and the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.

Mat 1:23  "Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel," which being interpreted is, God with us.

But the Holy Spirit was in Him to the degree that He never sinned.

Luke 2:40  And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace (divine influence on the heart) of God was upon Him.

Luke 4:1  And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit

Here is a couple things Ray says.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm ----------------

Jesus never sinned. Why not? Why didn't Jesus sin? I have said before: Because His Father wouldn't let Him sin, and because His Father inspired Jesus through His Holy Spirit to turn from the temptation every time. Jesus' motivation to not sin was much greater than His temptation to sin, and the stronger motivator (the love of God's Spirit in Him) always won out. This is how Jesus "overcame the world."

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm ---------------------

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!

God promises believers the obtaining of this same spirit also. Hence WE TOO become ONE WITH CHRIST AND OUR FATHER!  Did I loose you yet?  Furthermore, all of God's creatures will one day possess this same spirit and then God will be "All in ALL" (I Cor. 15;28)!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.