bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gen. 4:7 sin-offering  (Read 6077 times)

dave

Gen. 4:7 sin-offering
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »

I have heard and read what Ray has to say about 2 Corinthians 5:21 but how does this first time "sin" is mentioned become a "sin offering?"
"The first time that something is mentioned in Scripture, it is often very instructive." Ray from VIII LOF
Gen.4:7
(Rotherham)  Shall it not, if thou do right, be lifted up? But if thou do not right, at the entrance a sin-bearer is lying,—Unto thee, moreover, shall be his longing, though, thou, rule over him.
(KJV)  If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
(YLT)  Is there not, if thou dost well, acceptance? and if thou dost not well, at the opening a sin-offering is crouching, and unto thee its desire, and thou rulest over it.'
(CLV) Would you not, should you be doing well, lift it up? And should you not be doing well, at the opening a sin offering is reclining, and for you is its restoration. And you are ruler over it.

dave

Re: Gen. 4:7 sin-offering
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:30:14 AM »

Yeah I know, I was just wondering how it is a sinning offering when there is nothing of reference prior to the incident. But I suppose it can be that simple. Thanks

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »

The answer is probally in Genesis 4:1-6
Who told Cain, and Abel to bring any kind of an offering to the Lord?
What kind of offering was it? A sin offering?
Was Abel's offering accepted solely because he was a keeper of Sheep, and God was more pleased with a blood offering?

Joel

dave

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

But there was no blood offering involved as I had thought there was for years.

Offering:H4503
From an unused root meaning to apportion, that is, bestow; a donation; euphemistically tribute; specifically a sacrificial offering (usually bloodless and voluntary): - gift, oblation, (meat) offering, present, sacrifice.

There was no blood shedding until Gen. 4:8

Joel

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »

Did God turn around and give Abel's offering back to him? let it go or what? Just asking. :)
If God really made coats of skins and clothed Adam and his wife, what happened to the animal, or animals?

Joel

dave

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »

Again, I have found no evidence in Gen 3:21 that there was any slaying or blood.

Gen 3:21  And Jehovah God doth make to the man and to his wife coats of skin, and doth clothe them.

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »

Again, I have found no evidence in Gen 3:21 that there was any slaying or blood.

Gen 3:21  And Jehovah God doth make to the man and to his wife coats of skin, and doth clothe them.

But Micah, you can easily deduce this as fact. While it does not say slaying or blood, the only way God could have provided coats of skin is through a slaying and blood.

Marques

dave

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Yes we a can deduce, we can also believe that the Lord God did "make" coats of skins. I see nothing in error to wonder why skins are not our very covering.  ???

Joel

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »

There is no error that I can see that skins are our covering.

Job 10:11
Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

But is that a match for Genesis 3:21-Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.     ??? :-\

Joel

dave

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »

We gonna hafta reason that one out ???  :-\ :)

stanstillwhite

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:26 AM »

Did it ever occur to you guys that it was God who showed Adan how to make a sin offering in the garden. And Then took those skins and made them ware them.  Maybe even as a reminder. Adam had to learn some were. He sure didn't know this from the start.  Just a thought.

Stan

Mbongiseni

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »

Hi
We know that whatever God does has a reason;even the shedding of blood when He does it there is a good reason. To my understanding God had to instruct and teach Adam most of all how to go about with "sin offering" since it was going to be part and parcel of his daily life even though we do not find it written anywhere "...and without shedding of blood is no remission. " (Heb 9:22)

Mbongiseni

Kat

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »

Gen 3:7  And the eyes of both of them were opened. And they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made girdles for themselves.

Adam and Eve were spiritual naked before God as the result of their disobedience. This is showing that man's attempt of covering his sin (their making fig leaves) was inadequate, and God showed them what is necessary.

Gen 3:21  And for Adam and his wife Jehovah God made coats of skins, and clothed them.

God showed them that only He could truly cover their nakedness. Since their nakedness was representative of their sin, God killed/sacrificed animals and made clothes for them from the skins that covered their sin/nakedness. This is teaching them that the removing of sin could only be accomplished by the shedding of blood.

Heb 9:22  Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. (ESV)

Of course this was taught to Cain and Abel as well and we can see in Scripture that they began to try to apply it.

Gen 4:3  In the course of time Cain brought to the LORD an offering of the fruit of the ground,
Gen 4:4  and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions.

BTW it becomes clear why Cain's offering was rejected. Cain was rebellious and disobeyed by bringing a bloodless offering before God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:35:10 AM by Kat »

Joel

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »

Important scriptures here. :)
2 Corinthians 5:1-4
1-For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heaven.
2-For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven.
3-If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4-For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Then theres Revelations 3:18
I counsel of thee  to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Revelations 19:8
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints.

Joel

PS  God cursed the ground, the very dust we are made of.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:12:07 PM by Joel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.