bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: False Claim  (Read 4238 times)

JohnMichael

False Claim
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

I was doing some research to answer another forum member's question, and I came across a website that listed the scriptural references to Satan. I went through the list to make sure everything was actually scriptural, and I couldn't believe what I found. There are people that actually try to use Luke 10:19 as proof that Satan, not God, is the author of all evil. Here's the verse:

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Maybe if I covered my left eye, spun around three times, jumped once, and hopped around on my right foot... ;D ;D ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: False Claim
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »

It's always helpful to me to define words correctly AND scripturally and to take them out of the mouths of theologians.  EVIL and SIN are not synonyms.  It's loose 'preacher-talk' that muddles our thinking into confusion over what is what, and how they relate to God and man.  

All I am asking (and not directly to you, John) is that we THINK on these things.  The greatest part of the issue in recent discussions would be moot if we understood the difference between 'evil' and 'sin'.

When the disciples asked about the born-blind man--whether it was HE who had sinned or his parents, Jesus set them straight.  He told them that the man's blindness was for the Glory of God.  God MAKES the blind.  God MAKES the blind to see.  Being blind is an EVIL, but it is not a SIN.  For God to cause blindness is an evil, but it is NOT a sin.  For a MAN to cause another man's blindness IS both an evil AND a sin.  

EVIL is what is in the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil.  It's the BIG thing.  SIN is a subset of evil.  It IS an evil, but it is not ALL of what EVIL encompasses.  

Again, think about these things and every verse of scripture on the subjects reveals the truth.  There IS no contradiction in scripture.

That's all.  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:02:20 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dave

Re: False Claim
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

It's always helpful to me to define words correctly AND scripturally and to take them out of the mouths of theologians.  EVIL and SIN are not synonyms.  It's loose 'preacher-talk' that muddles our thinking into confusion over what is what, and how they relate to God and man. 

All I am asking (and not directly to you, John) is that we THINK on these things.  The greatest part of the issue in recent discussions would be moot if we understood the difference between 'evil' and 'sin'.

When the disciples asked about the born-blind man--whether it was HE who had sinned or his parents, Jesus set them straight.  He told them that the man's blindness was for the Glory of God.  God MAKES the blind.  God MAKES the blind to see.  Being blind is an EVIL, but it is not a SIN.  Causing blindness from God is an evil, but it is NOT a sin.  For a MAN to cause another man's blindness IS both an evil AND a sin. 

EVIL is what is in the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil.  It's the BIG thing.  SIN is a subset of evil.  It IS an evil, but it is not ALL of what EVIL encompasses. 

Again, think about these things and every verse of scripture on the subjects reveals the truth.  There IS no contradiction in scripture.

That's all. 

That is well said and clear. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.