bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke 23:34 - Ray's comments added, last post  (Read 23101 times)

DougE6

Re: Luke 23:34
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »

Isa 55:6  Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mat 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

1Pe 3:11  Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Rom 2:6  Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you

Rom 13:14  But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

2Co 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

IF YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE TOTAL SOVEREIGNITY OF GOD CAUSES YOU TO PUT LESS AND LESS IMPORTANCE ON SCRIPTURES LIKE THESE ABOVE, EVEN SECRETLY,  DEEP IN YOUR HEART, AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING CAN CAUSE YOU TO NOT ATTEMPT TO OBEY THEM OR ONLY TRY HALF HEARTEDLY BECAUSE THEY SOUND LIKE ‘FREE WILL’ TO YOU, THEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING IS FLAWED.

I see no qualifier IN ANY SCRIPTURE WHATSOEVER that we need to wait till we are personally convinced God is motivating us. If you are not motivated, then REPENT your heart is wrong and you better seek God just like those scriptures tell you to do, and just like those scriptures attest, God will reward those who earnestly seek Him.  Not ONE of us is PRIVY to the workings of God behind the scenes. So stop acting like you are, just because you see through a glass darkly and now think you are so wise; and can see some of His workings; start obeying all those scriptures!

JohnMichael

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »

Doug,

(1) Show me two Scriptures that say that Man can follow any of His commandments WITHOUT the influence of God.

(2) Show me two Scriptures that say that Man can repent WITHOUT the influence of God.

Otherwise, a personal agenda is being pushed over Scriptural Truth. No one is saying that man has nothing to do. No one is saying that man can just sit back, sipping his iced Tea, and watch God do all the work. No one is saying that man has no part to play.

There is a time and a place for everything. There is a time to be zealous and a time to be meek. There is a time to preach and a time to be taught. God decides; not man.

I'm not saying any of this out of condemnation - only the desire to help.

In Him,
John

(1) Man cannot follow God's commandments without God

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jer 13:23  Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Jer 2:22  For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord GOD.

(2) Man cannot repent without God

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Job 33:27  He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
Job 33:28  He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
Job 33:29  Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,
Job 33:30  To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Rom 3:25  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:01:26 PM by JohnMichael »

bluzman

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »

Thank you JohnMichael for your last post. You have said what I was trying to get across in my earlier post, and I wasn't clear with my words or thoughts. I am going through, I believe, and not for the first time either, a feeling of abandonment by God.
It is a very heartbreaking experience when family, friends or coworkers ostracize a person, but very devastating when applied to Higher Spiritual things. Perhaps my thinking is totally wrong and this is my own delusion. I hope so.
I do care and think about all of you.
May God be with you, Bluzsman

DougE6

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »

Hi John
Thank you for saying this
No one is saying that man has nothing to do. No one is saying that man can just sit back, sipping his iced Tea, and watch God do all the work. No one is saying that man has no part to play.

The reason I come on as strong as I do, is because these words are rarely found here on this site. And I understand that, because the truth of God's total sovereignity is such a new experience for most! But I see/and know that the exact things you described above are  the natural human tendency. You mean God is doing everything? So if I feel like lusting, that is God doing it? How ridiculous. And I do not believe God wants us to lose ANY ZEAL in our fervor or efforts in light of understanding His sovereignity. TRUTH is supposed to SPUR you on, to help you run the race with victory not accepting defeat. I do NOT object AT ALL to the constant refrain, that All is of God. ITS TRUE! However, I do feel the direct statements that say God is the one who raped little children, are not the true understanding. I think Ray has made that clear.

I don't think any of the verses I quoted above has any qualifier on them, at all. They all spiritually match one another, pretty close. There is nothing in the text that says, Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart, IF YOU CAN DETERMINE THAT IT IS OF GOD RIGHT NOW> IF YOU DONT FEEL LIKE IT< WELL THEN RIGHT NOW< APPARENTLY IT IS NOT OF GOD RIGHT NOW SO SIT ON THE COUCH AND SIP ICE TEA, don't bother trying> so don't bother trying to seek Him. These are simple commands of fact, they need no qualifiers.

There is a time and a place for everything. There is a time to be zealous and a time to be meek. There is a time to preach and a time to be taught. God decides; not man.
Very true. And I think it is time for someone to be zealous for the other side of the coin to balance out WITH the plain plumb true fact that God wants you-all- to seek Him with your whole heart. No matter what. And no doctrine should/will discourage you in any way from doing this. You have to have both points of view in mind always, the absolute, and the relative. We know the absolute by what actually happens, but we have to give our sweat blood and tears as Jesus did. YES WE DO>

GaryK

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »

Isa 55:6  Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mat 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

1Pe 3:11  Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Rom 2:6  Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you

Rom 13:14  But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

2Co 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

IF YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE TOTAL SOVEREIGNITY OF GOD CAUSES YOU TO PUT LESS AND LESS IMPORTANCE ON SCRIPTURES LIKE THESE ABOVE, EVEN SECRETLY,  DEEP IN YOUR HEART, AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING CAN CAUSE YOU TO NOT ATTEMPT TO OBEY THEM OR ONLY TRY HALF HEARTEDLY BECAUSE THEY SOUND LIKE ‘FREE WILL’ TO YOU, THEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING IS FLAWED.

I see no qualifier IN ANY SCRIPTURE WHATSOEVER that we need to wait till we are personally convinced God is motivating us. If you are not motivated, then REPENT your heart is wrong and you better seek God just like those scriptures tell you to do, and just like those scriptures attest, God will reward those who earnestly seek Him.  Not ONE of us is PRIVY to the workings of God behind the scenes. So stop acting like you are, just because you see through a glass darkly and now think you are so wise; and can see some of His workings; start obeying all those scriptures!

Son, are you talking to me?   If so, read on.   If not, rise above.   

Normally I try to rise above and cause no stumble.  Today I’ll make an exception, for you.

Don’t you hand-feed me, like popcorn, scripture as if you’re in judgment of the intent of my heart.   You don’t have the experience and you’re not qualified, not yet anyway.   And don’t be preaching and shouting, I hear you fine enough.

You have a good way with words Doug, they’re polished.   Polish is a pretty covering, but skin deep.   My words usually kink, jostle and splatter their way through and every now and then, like a miracle, they join up to make a complete sentence.  Sometimes, hell, they even make a little sense. 

This will be one of those times, so pay attention.

The use of the word ‘IF’ has both positive and negative implications.   And don’t roll your eyes as if you knew the difference, you didn’t.

Negative:

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, ---If--- thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

6And saith unto him,--- If--- thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, ---if--- thou wilt fall down and worship me.

9 words:  “thirst comes from God even--- if--- that is true,” 

Those last 9 are your words Doug.  I’m talking to you.

Positive:

“But there are spiritual principals in the bible that God has left us, and if God has not opened up your understanding, I’ll give you these spiritual principals, but you’ll still go out of here and say, “I don’t know what Ray is talking about.” But if He opens your understanding and only God can do it, and then you’ll say, “I know what he’s talking about now.”
How Hard is Getting Saved?  by L. Ray Smith

People scramble a lifetime ping-ponging on a two letter word……“IF”.  That small word enslaves and destroys.  Ray, in  30 or so papers and countless emails, has exemplified the positive side of the word “IF” and extricated more than one soul-slave from the prison of ‘NEGATIVE ---IF---‘.  That’s what that man does, and, I see that as the backbone of BT.

Careful on your use of the word “IF” Doug, not knowing the how of it can be destructive.

If I offend you, good, you won’t hear an apology.  What you will hear is advice from a seasoned veteran.

Psalms 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

If I didn’t make a difference showing you what the word “IF” can do, during your walk, you’ll find it isn’t “---if---thou art with me.

DougE6

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Hello gk

that post was not directed at you. My posts are directed to everyone, IF  :) sometimes to named ones, then I highlite the parts. It was only happenstance that your post was caught between.   And that IF should of been "though" I don't think I am that polished :D everyone who knows me my speech can be Geage Bush like. I thought the IF was rhetorical in nature, not meant to mean plain old IF. Sorry. So your right, I should be more careful with my words, sometimes what is written is noit what one has thought.

Son? I am over 50.  ;D

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »

None of us are saying that good works are not needed.  All good comes from God.  The nub of the matter is who gets credit for the good works?

If we think, in our heart, that the good works come from us, that repentance comes from us, that our knowledge comes from us, that our faith comes from us, then we are God in the temple of our heart.  The Beast lives in our heart.

On the other hand, when we are baptized with the Spirit, when Jesus lives within us, then the Beast has been killed, and we do those things that Jesus does.  We think like Jesus and we do the works of Jesus.  Through this Spirit we are subject to the Kingdom of God.  God is sovereign and rules within us.

Therefore, since it is through the influence of the Spirit of Jesus (the same Spirit as His Father) that we do good works, then God gets all the credit for the good works that we do.  God is sovereign in all things.  All the credit, all the glory goes to God.

DougE6

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »

John from K

I love your last post.

Doug

GaryK

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »

Hello gk

that post was not directed at you. My posts are directed to everyone, IF  :) sometimes to named ones, then I highlite the parts. It was only happenstance that your post was caught between.   And that IF should of been "though" I don't think I am that polished :D everyone who knows me my speech can be Geage Bush like. I thought the IF was rhetorical in nature, not meant to mean plain old IF. Sorry. So your right, I should be more careful with my words, sometimes what is written is noit what one has thought.

Son? I am over 50.  ;D

No line in the sand here friend, shall we both partake of a plate of ‘bumps’?

[b]Running the Race is a Marathon, Not a Sprint

No matter the disputes that arise between us all, we're all in this together. We're all running this race and we're all going to receive this prize at the end. Just remember, it's a marathon not a sprint, with bumps along the way.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13435.0.html[/b]

gk

octoberose

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

Hi everyone,
 This is q good discussion because we have to search out the scriptures and understand the sovereignty of God in everything. I just wanted to bring out that I remember watching a video of Ray and he states,(I'm paraphrasing) that without Gods hold on us, we would all be the worst of the worst. We would all sin with abandon. It is only His hold on all of us that keeps us  the least bit civilized. Does anyone know where to find that?

DougE6

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »

I found this email from Ray directly concerning some of my concerns, please bear with me one more time. I really really like what Ray says here in this email  about the sovereignity of God and our lusts, evil things we do. I just want everyone to be very circumspect about saying directly things like "When you see a child rapist God the Father did that" in regards to Gods total sovereignity.....

Dear Richard:
Many hundreds of readers have tried to put words into my mouth over the years. None has been successful to date. You may not realize it, but you either totally misunderstand much of the teaching of Scriptures, or you too are putting words in my mouth that I never put there. I will make a few comments to your email....

I Have no free will. God controls all causes. God made me the who I am, a sinning machine.

COMMENT: I don't ever recall saying that "God has made everyone of us what we ARE." Where have I ever said that?  I have said many times that "we are sinning machines," and I have said many times, that God "made us spiritually weak," but I don't recall ever saying that  God "MADE child molesters?"

Whatever I do is God working in me to do.

COMMENT:  No, I never said that either, but I have quoted Phil. 2:13 extensively:  "For it is God which workes IN YOU  [works WHAT in you?] both to will and to do [the RAPING OF LITTLE CHILDREN? NO...] of HIS  G-O-O-D PLEASURE."  Is it God's "GOOD pleasure" that evil men rape little children?  Yes God created all that is in the Universe in which are found the things that CAUSE men to rape little children, but it is NOT, I SAID NOT, "God working IN THEM" to rape little children. It is THEIR OWN LUSTS that cause them to do the evils that they do.

How many thousands of times must I say: "We need to pay close attentions TO THE WORDS" before someone will believe me?

Whatever I will is God working in me to will.

COMMENT:  NO, and we already covered this.

I can't earn sainthood, God chose his saints before the disruption of the world (and I gather that this was NOT a result of him looking forward in time to see if They would "pass the test" before he chose them). Saints are not appointed to indignation. Everyone else is. My question to you, as stupid as it may be,   
    IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO ESCAPE INDIGNATION?
    OR AM I TO UNDERSTAND THAT GOD WILL OR WILL NOT PUT ME THROUGH INDIGNATION BASED SOLEY ON HIS DECISION BEFORE THE DISRUPTION AND REGARDLESS OF ANY EFFORT I PERCEIVE THAT I MAKE?

COMMENT:  You clearly do not understand [1] God's Sovereignty and [2] Man's lack of sovereignty (free will).
    When you say, "I can do..." are you suggesting that if I say, "Yes, you can do this," then by my admonition to you and your acceptance of that admonition, you can then indeed DO SOMETHING THAT GOD HAD NOT PLANNED ON?  See what I mean? You cannot have "free will," AND a Sovereign God--it is a contradiction.

I don't know whether you personally will go through God's wrath or indignation. All I know is that God has not appointed His ELECT TO WRATH (I Thes. 5:9).  I am not the judge as to whether you personally (whom I do not know at all) are one of the Elect or will be one of the Elect, etc. Jesus knows those who are His (II Tim. 2:19)

WILL HE MAKE SURE I GO THROUGH INDIGNATION BY SETTING UP CAUSES AGAINST MY BEING RESCUED AND WORK IN ME TO WILL AND TO DO THOSE THINGS THAT WILL BRING UPON ME HIS WRATH?

COMMENT: If God has determined that you will go through any form of His wrath, then it will happen. I don't know what else I can say. God often frustrates the "plans of men."  The Pharisees THOUGHT that they found eonian life in the Scriptures, but Jesus said they didn't. They wanted it, but they did not find it.  As to why that is so, there are many answers, and they are all in according with God's intentions in working out HIS plan and purpose.  I have no idea where you are at with your walk with God. I don't know if you are a lot converted or not the least bit converted.  But rest assurred that God will do to you and for you exactly what He deems best.  Don't presume to think God is OUT TO GET YOU.
    God be with you,
    Ray

"work out your own salvation with much fear and trembling"

This question has been staring me in the face for a while now, and it is a little scary.
    Thank you,
    Richard

aktikt

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »

Hey Doug,

Your last post was beautiful, too. 

John from K

I love your last post.

Doug

Oh, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity. 

It does my heart good when an argument is resolved this way!  It's so rare. 
Usually, arguments don't produce anything but ill will.

Everyone keep on keepin' on.  Life is tough.

Josh

Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Kat

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:18 AM »

Here are a few excerpts from the Bible study Saved By Grace Thru Faith' to add to the discussion.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.msg43145.html --------------------------------------

That’s what grace is, divine - divinity - God - Godly influence on your heart. But now we’ve taken grace out of the realm of a noun, into a verb, it’s doing something you see. Of course I said that a long time ago. 

Jesus didn’t need grace for any pardon of anything. But did He need the influence of God, divine influence on His heart? Absolutely. That’s why He could live the way He did, accomplish what He did, never give in to wrong motives and temptations and all that. He had this divine influence of God on His heart ALL THE TIME. 

So then we read Paul says, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace (divine influence upon the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I….” (1 Cor 15:10) 

“Yet not I” what? He said I labored, you know what that means, work. I’ve ‘worked’ harder than all of them, yet it wasn’t I that works... right? Notice it wasn’t I that was doing the work, but the grace of God which was with me. The grace of God... what? 

These things are all understood, notice it, I am what I am by His divine influence upon my heart, which He bestowed upon me and it was not in vain. But I labored more abundantly than they all labored, yet not I labored, but the grace of God labored. That’s what it’s saying, can you see that? So what is the grace of God doing in Paul’s heart? It LABORS, it works.
v

So faith is the channel and faith is believing. So you just have to believe, that’s something in your mind, that’s simple enough. I accept your free gift to save me and I believe it, that’s it, good, all done. No, not quite. Because we read, “The sum of Your word is truth…” (Psalms 119: 160(CLV). You have to put it all together.

In Luke 6: 46 Christ says, “Why call you Me Lord, Lord.” Listen, that’s faith. If you call Him Lord, it means you believe He’s Lord, right, that’s faith. So He says, why do you pretend to have faith in Me, by calling Me Lord, but you don’t do what I say? See it’s a false faith, “you do not do what I say.” It is a contradiction to say, you have faith and you don’t do anything. Notice the rest of this verse in Ephesians.

Eph 2:8 for by grace (a gratuitous gift - divine influence upon the heart) are you saved through faith (believing and doing God‘s will); and that (faith) not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
v. 9  not of (our) works, less any man should boast (you boast when you do your own works).
v. 10  For we are HIS workmanship (His achievement - His works), created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

Do you get that? Where it says “not of works,” but “for good works.” Wait a minute is that a contradiction? No, “not of (our) works” but “for (His) good works.” There are works, they’re just not ours. But we are of His workmanship. Workmanship has the word ‘work.’ The Concordant translates it ‘achievement.’ When you want to achieve something it takes work. Who’s doing the work here? God is doing the work. What is that work? Divine influence upon the heart and then you do things. 

Eph 2:10  “… created in Christ Jesus UNTO GOOD WORKS, which God has afore ordained that we should walk in them.”

So there are works.

Rom 8:28  “And we know that God WORKS all (things), together for the good…” 
v

We are saved by grace. It’s free, gratuitous gift from God, but it does something. It teaches - it chastens - it educates - it is divine influence upon the seat of our emotions - thinking - plans - purpose - goals - aspirations and everything else. It divinely influences that heart, you can’t help it, it does it.
v

Grace is a gift, you don’t have it. Now this is something you can’t conjure up, it’s a gift of God. It’s always the grace OF God, it comes from God, there is nothing you can do. You say, ‘well what about the faith we’ve got, that comes from us.’  No no no, it says in Eph 2: 8-10 “… faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELF, it is the gift of God;” 

The faith it’s a gift, the grace it’s all a gift, everything is a gift. It’s all a gift of God. It’s all faith, it’s all grace, they are all one thing. Grace causes you to live rightly. What does faith do? If you believe God, you do what He says. It is virtually the same thing.

Now what is the goal? To make you like Christ! What is Christ? He is in the image of God. So what does God want from us? He wants us to be in His image. Physical image? No, spiritual image. It is a spiritual thing that God is doing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »

I had the chance to talk to Ray (email) recently and he does desire to help with questions, so I sent him some of the pertinent comments from this discussion. Here is his answer.

Hi Kathy:  As I am in a great deal of pain in a half dozen places in my body, I am not up to try and answer these arguments in depth, however, let me make a few COMMENTS.....

"We are all guilty of crucifying Jesus because of our sins."  I do not agree with that statement.  Christian ministers and priests also make that statement, and I have found them all to be false teachers.

The Beast within would just love to think it could kill the Son of God by its free will actions.

God the Father crucified and killed Jesus.  Only the Great God had the power to kill the Son of God.

RAY'S COMMENT:  I hesitate to use such statements as suggesting that the Great God "KILLED His Son." Look closer at the Scripture you quoted and you will see that it says, "the RULERS of this world...CRUCIFIED the Lord of glory" (1Cor. 2:08). And if that would not have been possible except that Jesus said  Joh 10:17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again".

And so it was Jesus HIMSELF Who laid down His life. And again  

Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

you seem to think that you have no part in the outcome of how God is working through you. Is God repenting for you of your sins or do you have some type of accountability in what choices you make? All of us here know that the Father is in total control of His creation[no free will],but does that also mean that you have no part in His plan and purpose concerning your own life?

RAY'S COMMENT:  Accountability really doesn't have much to do with free will.  Certainly we have a part to play in our lives.  If we didn't I guess God really could have made everyone robots. What I have stressed so many times is that although we are not inherently good, nonetheless, WE LEARN.  We LEARN to do good where in the past we did bad.  And when we learn to do good, then there really is good present in our lives.

is your only reason for believing that your beast is dead, is that really really believe you simply are 100% along for the ride, and now that you are, because you are willing to attribute 100% of every one of your thoughts and actions to God the Father directly, so NOW you claim your beast is dead? Just believing that (extreme IMHO) kills the beast? Based on that alone? Is that what the doctrine of No free will really means to you?

Now the following questions are rhetorical to everyone. What about crucifying your flesh? Have you crucified your flesh of its carnal passions and desires? To me, a CLEAN thought life and CLEAN heart and godly and Christ honoring actions would be more an indicator that your beast is dead. If I am doing Christs works, and thinking Christs thoughts, then I believe my beast is dead. Would God really say that your beast is dead if your heart is full of lust, adulteries, lies, coveting, and all the other millions of sins? Are you really are you are putting all others before yourself, even loving your enemies, then I would say your beast is dead. Just because you are at peace in your own soul because you believe that all your actions and thoughts are completely the direct acts of God, have always been the acts of the Father, and always will be,

RAY'S COMMENT:  All of our actions as assuredly NOT "the direct acts of God."  Example:  Does God "directly tempt us to sin?"  Answer:  "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God:  for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts He ANY MAN." (James 1:13).

does NOT mean you beast is dead. So what if you believe that. You could be a terrible person and be completely content in all your terrible actions because God is the one doing them, not you. We will wait for the judgement of Christ to reveal the secrets of mens hearts. We will see if God values your "beast killing" PREEMINENT OVER ARCHING belief that everyone of your impulses, thoughts, actions, and desires are the direct act of God or if God values your acts of Love towards your fellow man, your obedience to Christ, your holiness of putting away the carnal nature and serving others. And we will see which weighs more on the scales, what you believe is the beast killing belief and LOVE, LOVING all people and doing all you can in LOVE with Christ.

I see no qualifier IN ANY SCRIPTURE WHATSOEVER that we need to wait till we are personally convinced God is motivating us. If you are not motivated, then REPENT your heart is wrong and you better seek God just like those scriptures tell you to do, and just like those scriptures attest, God will reward those who earnestly seek Him.  Not ONE of us is PRIVY to the workings of God behind the scenes. So stop acting like you are, just because you see through a glass darkly and now think you are so wise; and can see some of His workings; start obeying all those scriptures!

And I think it is time for someone to be zealous for the other side of the coin to balance out WITH the plain plumb true fact that God wants you-all- to seek Him with your whole heart. No matter what. And no doctrine should/will discourage you in any way from doing this. You have to have both points of view in mind always, the absolute, and the relative. We know the absolute by what actually happens, but we have to give our sweat blood and tears as Jesus did. YES WE DO>

RAY'S COMMENT:  There are some good points made here..........

None of us are saying that good works are not needed.  All good comes from God.  The nub of the matter is who gets credit for the good works?

If we think, in our heart, that the good works come from us, that repentance comes from us, that our knowledge comes from us, that our faith comes from us, then we are God in the temple of our heart.  The Beast lives in our heart.

On the other hand, when we are baptized with the Spirit, when Jesus lives within us, then the Beast has been killed, and we do those things that Jesus does.  We think like Jesus and we do the works of Jesus.  Through this Spirit we are subject to the Kingdom of God.  God is sovereign and rules within us.

Therefore, since it is through the influence of the Spirit of Jesus (the same Spirit as His Father) that we do good works, then God gets all the credit for the good works that we do.  God is sovereign in all things.  All the credit, all the glory goes to God.

RAYS' COMMENT:  Actually a great deal of credit does go to those who have good works:

2Ti 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and PROFITABLE UNTO MEN.  

Tabitha was raised from the dead by Peter.  Do we not think that maybe she was granted this incredible miralce because she was 'FULL of good works?"

Act 9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and alms deeds which she did.

We will in fact be reward for OUR good works even though they are inspired from God.

God be with you all,

Ray

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:41:51 AM by Kat »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.