bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11Cor.4:4  (Read 4404 times)

dave

11Cor.4:4
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »

I was watching a video of Ray's and on it there was a small thing that came up and it was about 11Cor.4:4.  And Ray said something because someone the audience said something about the "god of this world" could it be Jesus. And Ray just for a moment said something like, yea Ive thought about that, but lets leave that . Something like that anyway.
Its been heavy on my mind does anyone have any thoughts? Maybe its been gone over I dont know. :-\

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: 11Cor.4:4
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:17 AM »

Hey Micah,
Are you asking who the god of this world is?
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:45:31 AM »

Yeah it has something to do with that. I forgot to put the most important piece before and I was gonna do it now,but you got on first. What Ray had just said when he said not now. He said I often wondered about that myself, and then he said, God blinds.... satan deceives. I looked up and that is true. Thats about it.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »

Hi Micah7:9,

I think I may have found the place you are referring to, from the transcript of the Nashville 07 conference 'Who and What is Jesus? & Who is His Father?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.msg38211.html --------

Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person…

I think the Concordant uses the word, assumption, "express image of His assumption..."

v. 3 ...and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

This is speaking about Jesus Christ? He is the image of His Father.

Somebody ask me if "the god of this world" could possibly be referring to God rather than Satan. I considered it a long time ago, because Satan deceives and God blinds. God blinded them, Satan deceived.  

2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine upon them.

So Jesus Christ is the personification of God. He’s the only one that is totally in His image. But then in Rom. 8, again we have the difference between the angels and what God is putting us through.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I am not sure that Ray is saying that 2Cor 4:4 "...the god of this world hath blinded" is talking about Jesus Christ. This is what he had taught on this previously. Here is a excerpt from the Lake of Fire article no. 9 'The Lucifer Hoax and the Mission of Satan.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html ----------------------------------------------------

Let’s notice a few things overlooked by most Sunday school teachers (and most of the world’s greatest theologians as well). Ready? Are you sure? Okay, here goes: ALL THE NATIONS OF THE ENTIRE WORLD BELONG TO SATAN THE DEVIL!!! Heaven and Earth are God’s possessions, however, God has delegated the nations to Satan. Satan could not offer all these kingdoms of the world to Jesus if he did not possess them to offer them in the first place. They are Satan’s ignorant kingdoms:

"In whom the god [SATAN] of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, Who is the Image of God, should shine unto them" (II Cor. 4:4).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:50:23 AM by Kat »

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »

2 Cor 4:3-6  But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Satan is the god/ruler/prince of this age/world:

John 14:30  I [Jesus] will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me

John 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Satan is known as a ruler in the darkness of this world [Eph 6:12], and that's what it means to be blinded: to be in darkness. God shines light out of the darkness to give knowledge of His glory.

Hope this helps,

Marques

dave

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »

Okay thanks. I found it puzzling that Ray would ponder that, it would really mess up a lot of things.  I had read what you posted as well Kat :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.