bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His appearing  (Read 3887 times)

stanstillwhite

His appearing
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »

A verse in one of the threads jumped out at me.  It took me down this path.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Tit 2:13  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1Ti 6:14  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2Ti 1:10  But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

2Ti 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I know we are All waiting and longing for our Lord's appearing.  The return.  But I think there is more being said here. Do we love His appearing in us?  Do we love what we see ourselves becoming in the light of His Spirit and Grace? Do we see and like the transformation or if given the ok by God would we go back to the world and just wait for His return?  We all know He is going to save everybody.  The Question.  Is Christ formed in you?  I have asked myself this question. 

My favorite verse in the Bible:

AMP)Joh 14:21  The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]

How much do we love His appearing?  He has appeared. 

God Bless

Stan

Mbongiseni

Re: His appearing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »

That's interesting to note!
Most of us seem to be looking for His "appearing" only in the future neglecting the stern word of warning from Peter as well as Paul:  Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.  (2Pe 3:14)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,  (Tit 2:11)
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;  (Tit 2:12)
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;  (Tit 2:13)

Thanks
Mbongiseni
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.