bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lord of All?  (Read 4422 times)

Ian

Lord of All?
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:23:45 AM »

Hello again,

I apologize that all I do is ask questions...

My question is this: is God, absolutely, unconditionally, the Lord and Creator over all? I'm not only talking about individuals, but I mean factors such as the law of physics, the law(s) of logic, non-contradiction, etc.

Some people say that God did not create those laws (specifically the law of logic), because one of the laws are: A cannot be "not-A." (God cannot be not-God). So it "must have always existed," or "that the law is what God thinks." I'm not paraphrasing.

Any and all help is appreciated. I don't really want to dwell on this before I go to sleep tonight...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:27:24 AM by Ian »

Kat

Re: Lord of All?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

Hi Ian,

Sincere questions are always welcomed.

Col 1:16  For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17  And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

God always existed in some form maybe that we can not comprend, and He brought into existence this world and by many laws that make things operate as they do He substains all that is.

What about the law of logic or non-contradiction and all the contradictions that arise about all kinds of things? They are only contradictions from our point of view, because we do not yet know the whole truth. God is Truth(John 14:6) and absolutely in control of all things and therefore even the seemingly contradictions were designed by Him to bring about the confusion and deception that we have at this time. We are living at a time of darkness where very few have come to know God/Truth, much less understand His plan.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ian

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »

Hi Ian,

Sincere questions are always welcomed.

Col 1:16  For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17  And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

God always existed in some form maybe that we can not comprend, and He brought into existence this world and by many laws that make things operate as they do He substains all that is.

What about the law of logic or non-contradiction and all the contradictions that arise about all kinds of things? They are only contradictions from our point of view, because we do not yet know the whole truth. God is Truth(John 14:6) and absolutely in control of all things and therefore even the seemingly contradictions were designed by Him to bring about the confusion and deception that we have at this time. We are living at a time of darkness where very few have come to know God/Truth, much less understand His plan.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hello Kat,
Thank you for your answer. I have a question about that verse (Col 1:16-17). Is it talking about individuals only? The reason I ask is because in Col 1:16, it says "...the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers..."

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 02:24:37 AM »

Hi Ian,

If "all things" are His creation that includes all the laws by which it is sustained; the laws of Physics, the laws of Mathematics, the laws of Nature, the laws of logic...

Jere 33:25 "Thus says the LORD: 'If My covenant [is] not with day and night, [and if] I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth, 

Everything in the universe is bound by ordinances/laws which it must obey. The universe is not arbitrary, the laws exist from which it operates only because God wills them to. We are just a part of His creation and of course we do not understand how all these logical and orderly laws work together that keeps this universe going, but they do.

The contradictions that we see are from man made reasoning. There is no contradictions in a perfect God and the law of logic (noncontradiction) reflects His perfect nature. We can see how these laws all work together in the natural world around us and point us to it's Creator.

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead,

I don't know if this is answering your question, but it's how I understand it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.