bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What Keeps You Grounded  (Read 13008 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
What Keeps You Grounded
« on: August 28, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »

In light of our marathon race, what keeps your feet planted to the truths you have learned?
There are many who come and go from this forum and teach things contrary to the truth.
There are many teachers who teach contrary to the truth (online and offline).
There are many prophets who prophesy contrary to the truth.
In the middle of all these falsehoods, what keeps you going? What are you reminded of in the scriptures that confirms your belief and denies others that would led you away.
What keeps you keeping on!
When you believe a scripture is true, what keeps you from compromising that belief?

Proverbs chapter 2 is a reminder to me sometimes.
What reminds you?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: What Keeps You Grounded
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »

Maybe it's not for no reason that Scripture contrasts not just gold with stubble, but gold, silver and precious jewels--all of which will pass the test, but aren't equal--with wood, hay, and stubble which are also not equal, except that they will burn up in the end.  

I'm also grounded by remembering that God has already to one degree or another given 'us' a spirit of discernment.  Not in the 'holy-ghosty' ""pentecostal"" way, but in a way that matters.  If He hadn't, we would all still be in babylon.  There are still spirits to test and plenty of obstacles to overcome, red-herrings to stop following, false prophets and prophecies to expose, and idols of the heart to topple.  Though it's not possible for the Elect to be decieved, it is through many trials one enters the kingdom.

Dennis and Craig also keep me grounded.   ;D

I hope that makes some sense, and actually addresses your question.  If not, burn it now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:52:51 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »

This keeps me grounded, there's others but this one is the one.

Isa 45:7  Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

I am very aware of the fact that I have nothing to do with the faith and understanding that I have received regarding spiritual truths.  It is all a gift from my Creator.  I can only be planted in these truths if it is God's will that I am.  This is enough to keep me grounded and humbled. :)

John 5:30 - "I can of mine own do nothing..." (KJV)

Ephesians 2:8 - "For ye are saved by grace through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is a gift of God." (Darby) 

René

zander

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

I'm slightly uncomfortable with calling anything "truth".  I wouldnt admit to knowing anything is true only what i believe is the best explanation for all the chaos that surrounds us. 

For me, its the belief that there really is no free will.  I see it every day.  All around me.  I see people react predictably, even myself.  When i analyse the make up of things, my mind doesnt comprehend that it came from nowhere.  Some things that happen in my life too i believe are also not down to coincidence - but that something has made it so.

These are the basics for me.

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »

For me, it is the desire of being a good and faithful servant. It is one of my prayers to Him that if it be His will that His Truth not be stolen/taken from me.

It would also be the desire to know Him - as much as anyone is able to in this side of the resurrection (either one). God is truly awe-inspiring, and I only wish to know Him more and more (if He will let me), and have His ways become my ways.

In Him,
John

River

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »

I too struggle with saying I know the truth. I know how many times I have been humbled and found out how ignorant I really was. I must still learn the truth (Jesus) and honestly it is very difficult. What keeps me grounded is the many humbling events that come along in my life. "Thy will be done" is the main scripture that hits me all the time. It all boils down to that for me.

jingle52

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »

Hi Antaiwan,
I agree with Rene  :D

The Sovereignty of God
Math 6:10…Thy Will be done
1 Cor. 4:7 … And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift? …or what have you that has not been given to you?
John 5:30 I can of my own will do nothing
Isa 45:7.. Forming light and preparing darkness, making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things (this also from Micah)

Blessings.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

1Co 1:24  But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.
v. 25  Because the foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and the weak thing of God is stronger than men.
v. 26  For you see your calling, brothers, that not many wise men according to the flesh are called, not many mighty, not many noble.
v. 27  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
v. 28  and God has chosen the base things of the world, and things which are despised, and things which are not, in order to bring to nothing things that are;
v. 29  so that no flesh should glory (boast) in His presence.
v. 30  But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption;
v. 31  so that, according as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

This is the passage by which I believe that there is a real posiblity of my being chosen... foolish - weak - base - despised, which I can realate to being all of these things very well and understand how a nobody like myself with absolutely no talents or abilities could be chosen to be apart of all this.

Also it shows me how it is that any good thing could come from me... "so that no flesh should glory (boast) in His presence... But of HIM you are IN Christ"... it's ALL of God, "you are IN Christ Jesus." That's how I have hope and confidence in my worthless self, because of this Scripture showing it's not about ME, it's all about the Holy Spirit of JESUS CHRIST indwelling.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:34:00 AM by Kat »

stanstillwhite

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »

Hi Akira, what keeps me grounded? What keeps me serving God and not quiting, (for oh how I have wanted to quit.) That would have to be the understanding(partial) God has given me about His Grace.  A guy named Keith Green sang a song called 'By grace I stand' that brings it all home to me.  Part of it saies: 'Nothing lasts except the grace of God by which I stand in Jesus...I know that I would surely fall away except for grace by which I'm saved.'  The fact that I'm still hungry for His presents is an ever reminder that He's still drawing me to Himself.  I know that He has been very patient with me.  He knows I'm retarded.

loven

Stan

Samson

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

In light of our marathon race, what keeps your feet planted to the truths you have learned?
There are many who come and go from this forum and teach things contrary to the truth.
There are many teachers who teach contrary to the truth (online and offline).
There are many prophets who prophesy contrary to the truth.
In the middle of all these falsehoods, what keeps you going? What are you reminded of in the scriptures that confirms your belief and denies others that would led you away.
What keeps you keeping on!
When you believe a scripture is true, what keeps you from compromising that belief?

Proverbs chapter 2 is a reminder to me sometimes.
What reminds you?

Antaiwan

Firstly, Excellent Thread Antaiwan,

For Me Antaiwan, I don't believe it's one particular thing that keeps Me grounded in these Truths, it's all the pieces of the Puzzle that fit together in harmony. The fact God is Totally 100 % Sovereign of the Universe and Declares the beginning and end of every matter is foremost in My Heart. I now desire to do right in itself, not out of fear, like before when I felt I had to avoid Sinning or else. The paranoia of Life's grave difficulties have lessened for Me as a result of this New confidence. I want to please God, because He has a Plan that seems to be allot more sensible than the one I used to think He had. There were too many Loopholes in the way I used to understand the Scriptures and too many unanswered questions.

Even though, prior to discovering Bible Truths I had already embraced the Eventual Salvation of All, I continued to search for deeper and more thorough answers to this Truth. Ray's Free Will Series and His subsequent explanation of this Topic including foremost, The Sovereignty of God plus presenting the harmonious balance between Responsibility on God's part and Accountability on Our part probably was and is a main contributor towards keeping Me grounded and continuing to stay grounded in these Truth's.

The information and the explanation contained at this Site to my knowledge is the most accurate representation of what's commonly referred to as Universalism, although I don't really go by labels anymore. As some of Our Forum Members (Ones that know Me Well) can attest to, I have taken the opportunity over the last Five Years to examine a variety of Universalist information from other Sites, You-Tube, Universalist Author Index, studying various writers like Andrew Jukes, Thomas Allin, Ernest Martin, Gary Amirault, Alexander Thomson, Origen, Clement of Alexandria, Gregory of Nyssa, Macrina The Blessed, John Wesley Hanson, Hosea Ballou and many others, Yet, out of spending time examining all this information over the Years, the information contained here best represents the most accurate explanation of these Truths with further developed details.

Anyway, Antaiwan, that about sums it up for now, thanks for starting this Thread, Samson.

SeekingHim

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »

In the middle of the night when thoughts go wild, I begin a mental gratitude list (often alphabetical), thanking God for His attributes, people, and things. It immediately reins in thoughts about creaking floors and "monsters under the bed." I find myself doing this during the day when I'm perplexed. It's like being wrapped up in a big blanket of Joy.

Joel

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »

To me, the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ in the Church is what grounds us. (me)
Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 3:14-15
14-These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

15-But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and (stay, or, undergirding ) ground of the truth.

Acts 2:47 says that the Lord added to the Church daily such as should be saved.

I believe by faith that The Lord is still adding to the Church in our day through Ray's teachings, and maybe others also.

Ray ask in the lake of fire series- part 8, "Where is the Church that Jesus built?" I hope that God has given me an ear to hear what the Spirit says unto the Churches. I feel that he has. :)

Joel

ez2u

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:41 AM »

First,  i would have to say my relationship with Him ideally: us talking together. reading the Holy Bible and by the things that i have experience.  Good question.

lderr

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »

Gravity.
But I'm kinduva literal guy.

tau

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

Hi All

As for me coming to the knowledge of Christ Jesus as espoused in bt, having an understanding for the first time what the scripture that calls those who labor to take Jesus yoke, for He is humble, meek and knowing his yoke is a joint effort has been liberating, I have peace within me which words fail to explain, i am at peace with myself and that grounds me like a tree in a well established area, knowing Christ conquered the world on our behalf does it just as well for me, after all there is no condemnation on those who are in Christ!

crazy4bam

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

Hello, everyone!

What keeps me grounded? That is a good question and a hard one too. I have the fact that I have learned that all will be saved keeps grounded in away. For some reason that verse stuck with me the most. It makes me look at things differently. Knowing that even the stranger walking down the street who probably never heard of our Heavenly Father will be saved keeps my feet and my head pretty much on the ground.
       On a more personal, note and Antaiwan I know this probably isn't what you meant but my wonderful and lloving husband keeps me grounded has well. He is the one thing that keeps very grounded. Without him I believe I would actually be looking at a rubber room!

onelovedread

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:34 AM »

When I continually try to live righteously but still find myself continually messing up, I come to the powerful realization that I am indeed nothing without the Lord. That makes me feel like the scum of the earth and keeps me truly grounded - to the extent of feeling like a piece of crap "grounded" into the sod:)

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »

I really appreciated everyones comments!! ;D
Thanks guys!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

GaryK

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »

What can I do to keep me up when I am down? What trump cards, quotes or Scriptures do I keep as my emergency kit or band aid remedy against the position of being crucified, mentally emotionally or physically?

I don’t have anything. I am totally emptied in such circumstances. No words, no sayings and no nothing. I have been crucified to the point of blitzing pain, that shows me I can do nothing to avoid it or fight it. I know what it’s like.

so find death, before it finds you.

I always hesitate to post anything as it seems my postings are always in a negative aura.   Some folks find long lasting solace and comfort from words in a book, I rarely do, or that lasts for very long anyway.  But I do enjoy chiming in when the meat of matters gets discussion because sometimes that's where the soul of the matter is, not in words but in experience.  Arcturus hit a large reservoir.

Arcturus, I understand the words above.    Those words don’t, at least in my experience, necessarily mean a physical pain although often, and for many, it does.  And for those who are in that journey I’m a small man for speaking any words that should matter.  But then again, for now, I understand these words as a depiction of a human emotional sub-structural, soul dis-orienting, devastation.  And actually, that too can lead to a deep physical pain.  Either journey can be death while walking earth.

On the emotional level and in my thoughts a fine example of this type would be growing up in the ‘church’ and believing in the power of prayer for good things and un-confessed sins are the certain cause of the absence of anything good from God.

But then……God willing....? one is lead to find that there really is no free-will, all in life is at the helm and reigns of God.   Good….bad…doesn’t matter because it’s all ‘cause and effect’.   Some course of plan that was pre-constructed long before any earthly father had the twinkle.    That’s when the emotional, sub-structure, confidence draining, death, begins.  Begins.  Length of time in this journey is beyond human control.    This is the place where one harbors for some time (and not necessarily by intention) and takes stock of a lifetime of experience(s) both the good and the bad and fights some sort of sub-demonizing battle of daily attempts to mesh all experiences with the underlying ‘good’ intentions of a ‘loving and merciful’ God, and all the while watching the destruction of the human conjured ‘faith base’.  Human genesis faith is pathetic and simply untrue.  This is where a ‘believer’ begins the search to understand exactly what a ‘vessel of dis-honor’ really means.  Think Pharoah.   Was Pharoah any different that any one of us?  I no longer believe that for a second of time.   

Circumstances matter.

And to me this is yet another area of where the rubber meets the road.   As Ray has written, one can lose respect for God.  One can learn hate for God.  And I don’t mean a blue-light K-mart cheap hate.   I mean a real mess of hate, strangely dis-orienting but significant in a weird and yet to understand kind of way.    Don’t think this dis-orientation could happen to you?....it happened to Paul.  Just like Paul on the road, he was dis-oriented and couldn’t see physically.   But his spiritual sight got keen enough and then he experienced much physical pain.  Not that we’re Paul, just that no one could convince me that this ‘loving and merciful’ God doesn’t work in that manner.

When one attempts to reconcile this ‘loving and merciful’ God and his wonderful plan while he’s took, or taking away good things of this silly life and surely ahead of any reasonable timing, one begins to lose faith fast.    Right down to the point of truly wondering if there really is a ‘creator’, or, if we’re just some plasma happenstance from planet chance-a-tron. That’s a dark matrix hole if there ever was one.   No human brain has been invented that can score even close to a 100 in the arena of reconciliation of human action and God’s purpose.  I'm beginning to believe that maybe that's what Paul was talking about when he referenced "unspeakable words" about "paradise".

I said this in another post and there’s only 1 verse that comes to me that can, perhaps, if it is supposed to be so, guard a soul when this type of destruction happens:

Psalms 23:4.  Death valley.  There is no shadow of 'IF' there.

I believe in the physical world we ALL walk there as long as we breathe.  But the emotional trip is a faith tripper, damn near filled with nothing but stumbling stones.  In your words here Arcturus:

“This is the die before you die, kind of pain of death.  It is said, death will find you. Eventually it will catch up to you,……”

There are some here who will read this and say, “oh, just negative”, he doesn’t understand what “we” understand that God is so loving and merciful, why just look at that book with all that beautiful prose and heart stuff and all those parables he has yet to understand and "oh lookie here, here's another neat word!".  Really?  Pharisee. If you’re one who thinks it, don’t be so quick to judge until your walk comes.   And the sad part is when this road has taken you to the point of simply not giving a sh*@t about anything, including the supposed ‘loving and merciful’ God, the same God who, as a kid, would pray and have mighty confidence, who made all things for a strict purpose, you can believe nothing else matters.

Even Job cursed the day he was born.

A couple of things for sure, if God finishes what he starts then this is where he starts it, in my opinion.    And the other thing is, when he wants to crush to powder, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.   Strangely the hope becomes a rose of joy.   If there's any one thing I'm beginning to believe without doubt it's this, there is a beast and it's me.  And oddly enough I'm beginning to believe the lake of fire is exactly what I deserve based on what I see, but I look so forward to life ? after purification.

Sorry folks, it's Arcturus's fault............ ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.