bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 10:8 Those who came before me are thieves  (Read 5101 times)

patmokgoko

John 10:8 Those who came before me are thieves
« on: August 30, 2011, 04:43:59 PM »

What did Jesus mean "All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers". Does He mean Abraham, Moses , Elijah etc were thieves?

mharrell08

Re: John 10:8 Those who came before me are thieves
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

What did Jesus mean "All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers". Does He mean Abraham, Moses , Elijah etc were thieves?

John 10:7-8 & 11  Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them...I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep"

Jesus was referring to the false prophets and ministers who continued to lead the nation of Israel astray, not men of faith such as Abraham, Moses, Elijah, etc:

Jer 23:1-2  Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the LORD. Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,” says the LORD.

Jer 50:6  "My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray; They have turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill; They have forgotten their resting place"

Ezek 34:2  "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD to the shepherds: “Woe to the shepherds of Israel who feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flocks?"

Hope this helps,

Marques

stanstillwhite

Re: John 10:8 Those who came before me are thieves
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:38:02 AM »

Those verses should strike fear in the hearts of many ministers today.  I see them feeding themselves.  There truly will be weeping and teeth grinding in the future.  How many of us can say "But for the grace of God go I".

Loven

Stan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.