bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: needing prayer  (Read 4664 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
needing prayer
« on: August 30, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »

i am having so much trouble these days, and i come to my forum family for prayer and comfort.

two nights ago, between 11-12pm, my oldest dog "ellie" had a stroke.  she came out of the daze of death long enough for me to have my daughter come over and tell her goodbye.  our beautiful, loving dog of 13 yrs took her last breath at midnite, in my arms.  it was so very hard to watch her go through the stages of death, but i am grateful she no longer suffers in her old body.  she was cremated and her ashes were spread over the country side she loved.  i know this is all about a dog, but, this dog was with me through my cancer and through so much heartache in my life.  she took it all on for me.  she stayed beside me always.  

it is so, so hard letting go.  letting go of my dear ellie.  letting go of my marriage and my husband.  oh God it hurts so much.  my eyes have been swollen from the crying that just seemed to come and wash over me.  i have no idea what my Father has in store for my life now, but i do know He is with me.  He feels my pain.

so dear friends, i come before you broken.  i had accepted the fact that my marriage is over, and was beginning in baby steps to move forward, then my ellie died in my arms and i fell down again in heartache and tears.

it has been so hard to ask for help.  i don't know why.  perhaps it is just some thread of pride.  i need your help through prayer.

your sister in Christ,
claudia
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:20:21 PM by cjwood »

Nan

Re: needing prayer
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

Blessings Claudia. Dogs do indeed become part of the family.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »

Hi Claudia,

I have weeped over losing so many pet friends, losing a dear one like that is especially hard. I pray that the Lord will comfort you, as only He can, through these hardships.

love to you,
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »

Time.. It just takes time Claudia.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »

It get's better Claudia but I know that is little comfort when your walking through it.  When I dispatched my elderly Shepherd it was one of the darkest two weeks in my life.  This may not be totally scripturally correct but it does speak to the heart.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,

You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come to let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
The kindness that you did for me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you,
Who has this painful thing to do,

We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

For I am now in a better place,
And will be waiting to see your happy face.

So when you cross that final bridge,
Look for me...

I'll be standing next to the fridge.

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »

It seems there are a few of us that let animals get closer to our hearts than other humans. Keeping you in prayer, Claudia. May His will be done, and may He comfort you as only He is able. *big, warm hug*

Arion, that was beautiful. I won't go into details because this thread is Claudia's, but suffice to say, tears were shed in remembrance just now.

In Him,
John

Samson

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:10 AM »

Sorry Claudia,

Sorry that you've been hammered in so many ways. When Humans that are "supposed" to be close to Us fail miserably and a loyal loving Pet passes away shortly after, that's the icing on the Cake, so to speak. I don't trust other Humans Claudia and I've been called out on that one, but I keep my distance, it's too bad it has to be that way. Aside from God, don't fully trust anyone and you won't be disappointed; Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Psa 126:5  They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6  He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Hope things and circumstances improve for you in the coming Months and are able to experience some sort of Joy again.

sincere sympathies, Samson.

darren

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:23:48 AM »

Claudia, I am so sorry and I feel your lost. God had blessed you and yours for a wonderfull 13 yrs given you a beautiful and faithfull friend. My heart cries for you and yours. God will see you through this and give you what you need to heal you and yours. I am so sorry and I will be asking God to see you through this and say a prayer for your beautiful friend, Ellie.

Darren

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »

Dear, sweet, Claudia,

I grieve with you and continue to pray for your fervently. :'(

Hebrews 13:5 - "...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Meditate on these words and they will be a "lifeline" for you during your times of pain and tribulation.

Hugs and kisses,

René

crazy4bam

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »

Claudia,

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I have two cats and if anything ever happened I think I would be so out of sorts, words can not describe. I know you have had other things going on has well. I only wish I had the right words to comfort, and console your heart and mind. I will continue praying for you and hold faith that our Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and soon you will find that bright light at the end of a very dark tunnel. We may not know what He is doing and question it has we would question our own parents. He alone has the answers.
        I hope above all else you remember you have a family here and one way or another we all will see you through. Please, know it does get better. It may not be has fast has you wish, believe me I have tried but it does.

All my deepest respect and care,
                                                                                             Pam

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 12:50:21 AM »

Thank you for that poem Arion,
 I have a friend who recently lost her beloved dog and was really grieving. I copied your poem and put it in a card for her. Claudia, I have been praying for the healing of your tender heart, and that you overflow with the love of God, who will never leave you. You are the apple of His eye. (Psalms 17:8).

Daddysgirl

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32:57 AM »

Hi Claudia

You remain in my prayers. Nothing, save God, is permanent.

Love,
Matty

moxicarose

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 03:06:18 AM »

Claudia, my eyes are filled with tears! I am so sorry for your loss! God holds you in His loving arms, and I pray that you may feel comforted. Bless your heart...((HUG))

jingle52

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »

Dear Claudia,
So sorry to hear of your beloved faithful and loyal companion. Elli surely was God’s way of bringing you great comfort during your dark days, but now she too has had to move on. Your distressing domestic trials and tribulations are also a part of our great God’s plan as:

Hebrew 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Psalm 119:75 I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.

We all feel for you (your pain and your cry for help, ) and pray that your situation will get better as time is a great healer, your faith is your strength and know that our Lord God has you were He wants you at this point in your life.
Stay Blessed sister in Christ Jesus.

Hi Aarion, that poem is really lovely!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.