bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a lost son  (Read 5489 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer for a lost son
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »

Dear Forum Members,
 I've sent the letter below to faithful friends who will pray for us. I know you, more than anyone, know that the Hand of God is at work in all we do. I have been moved to ask boldly and pray humbly for our son's freedom in Christ, and to be led home to Him:
 We are soliciting prayer for our son.  God granted the desires of our heart by giving him to us, and we love him very much. But our hearts ache because the evil one speaks lies when we listen.  Our tender-hearted son has listened for years to these lies and is struggling with his identity, meaning and relationships.  We have prayed as a family for Truth to be restored in his life and now we are asking you to join us in prayer for his redemption, healing, and walk with his Creator.  There is power when two or more gather in HIs name, and though we cannot all be together physically we can agree spiritually. It is our request that those who are led will join us in prayer for him at 3 PM Eastern time this Saturday, September 3. Why September 3? Well, it's just the date that struck  my heart since he is our third child.  We will be on our knees at that time; perhaps you will be driving or have a moment to yourself in your home or when you are out. Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, if you can intervene with us to ask God to do a mighty work in our only son, we will always be grateful.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God' that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we knew that he hears us-whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.  I John 14
"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.    James  5:16
"Let my prayer be set before You  as incense, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice." Psalms 141:2

lauriellen

Re: Prayer for a lost son
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »

Great response John. True. Full of faith. Beautifully simple. Just wish it was easier to believe from the heart.
lauriellen

John from Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »

Great response John. True. Full of faith. Beautifully simple. Just wish it was easier to believe from the heart.
lauriellen

Hi Lauriellen,

Thankfully, God gave me the gift of easily believing it.  I can't find anything to worry about.  In fact, it would take me a ton of hard work to find something to worry about.  It's that verse in Phillipians, "Don't worry about anything".  Life on the outside can be tough, Life on the inside can be easy (as long as the Spirit of Jesus rules in the Temple of your heart).

John

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

I appreciate the kind words, and the reminder of God not letting any of us stay lost.  I think without that knowledge I would not have been able to bear this; I would have been frantic. As it is though, I feel compelled to not just sit here and watch Satan do his best on my child and not fervently pray for him. He is still accountable to God for his actions, and he is walking through this life without the direction and peace and knowledge that walking in the Light brings. I know (only because of Ray and others opening my eyes) that all is of God and that He will and has made a way for all of us. But He wants us to pray about everything, pray and not to doubt, pray and be thankful. So, I am.
 Thank you John and Lauriellen. It's those sweet, gentle reminders and truths that make this forum (this church) so powerful.

karenmarie

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 01:26:23 AM »

I have prayed and will continue praying for your son. And for strength and God's peace for you!

I am a mama of 3 grown kids and my youngest has me on my knees daily. While I'd like to have this trial over, I can see how God has used this to increase my faith and trust and has driven me to search the scriptures. I wouldn't have found Bible-truths but for this unhappy son!

Each day, I find a scripture passage to cling to. Today's was Jesus command to not worry. I'm trying hard to obey. Finding peace doing so.

Also, I agree that your son will be OK. But we can always pray for sooner than later if the Lord wills it so.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

dear octoberrose.  i was as your son is.  drugs, etc...my parents prayed daily, moment by moment it seems, when i was young like your son.  it is times like these that it is so hard to accept His will in our lives. hard, but not impossible. He is with you. He is with your son. i pray for mercy, mercy, mercy for your son and your family as you trod through this sluggish slime in your son's life. with love, mercy, grace, and patience, your son will come through the other end of this dark tunnel he is in. i am proof. many times i heard my own dad cry because of the heartache i caused him and my momma. but, he forgave me and loved me no matter what. you are doing the same for your son. don't ever give up hope. ever.

love to you,
claudia

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

Saying a prayer for you and your son, that His will be done, and that strength and mercy be given in accordance with His will.

I remember a prayer that my mother used to always pray over me and my brother every morning before we went to school. It's a quote from the book of Numbers.

Num 6:24  The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num 6:25  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num 6:26  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

In Him,
John
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:54:51 PM by JohnMichael »

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:31:02 PM »

Your mother and I hold the same verse very dear.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.