bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pledge to the Christian Flag  (Read 22402 times)

Ian

Re: Pledge to the Christian Flag
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »

It looks like a cool flag for a Christian Knight to put on his lance as he charges into a horde of Muslim fanatic warriors.  What fun!

But I like Muslims...

As for the flag, it seems really kind of...odd.

Christian Knights liked Muslims too....

Dead   ;D ;D ;D

There's nothing wrong with Muslims...

Nothing wrong.....?   ::) ::) ::) ::)   Surely all human beings have a little itty, itty, bit wrong with them?  Allah Akbar.

Sure, they have some doctrinal issues... But they're good people...

::) ::) ::) ::)  Mark 10:18  "...No one is good except God alone..." (NASB)

I meant that they're good in the relative sense.

Oh, the relative sense.  Relative to whether they cut the throats of stewardesses, take over some airplanes, and fly them into buildings?  Or relative to raping that 60 Minutes female reporter in Cairo?  But I'm sure they are all very religious.

Implying a majority viewpoint does not bolster an argument, nor infer a level of validity...

(pardon me) But that's like saying all Catholics are "evil," because certain Catholic priests did "naughty things." Do you see how unfair that is?

Ian

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 05:40:45 AM »

It looks like a cool flag for a Christian Knight to put on his lance as he charges into a horde of Muslim fanatic warriors.  What fun!

But I like Muslims...

As for the flag, it seems really kind of...odd.

Christian Knights liked Muslims too....

Dead   ;D ;D ;D

There's nothing wrong with Muslims...

Nothing wrong.....?   ::) ::) ::) ::)   Surely all human beings have a little itty, itty, bit wrong with them?  Allah Akbar.

Sure, they have some doctrinal issues... But they're good people...

::) ::) ::) ::)  Mark 10:18  "...No one is good except God alone..." (NASB)

I meant that they're good in the relative sense.

Oh, the relative sense.  Relative to whether they cut the throats of stewardesses, take over some airplanes, and fly them into buildings?  Or relative to raping that 60 Minutes female reporter in Cairo?  But I'm sure they are all very religious.

Implying a majority viewpoint does not bolster an argument, nor infer a level of validity...

(pardon me) But that's like saying all Catholics are "evil," because certain Catholic priests did "naughty things." Do you see how unfair that is?

I have definitely hit my boredom quotient.  We need an emoticon that shoots itself in the head out of boredom.

Implying a majority viewpoint...?  Kinda like what you did when you stated, "But they're good people".

I prefer the majority viewpoint of the Scriptures.  "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God".  "There are none righteous, no not one."

You can have the last word if you like.  I'm going hunting for a suicidal emoticon.   ;D

...I never said a word about them being sinless. I said they're "good" in the relative sense...I think you missed my point. *reaches for the same emoticon*

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 07:13:27 AM »

Please both of you stop the argument and the excessive quotation.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ez2u

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

why does this matter whether or not you like the christian flag?  what is developing here?

DougE6

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »

Muslims
I had a Muslim roomate for about three years 25 years ago. His name was Sayed Ali and was from Pakistan. He became a very good friend. I was a very committed Christian and he was a very committed Muslim. We had 100s of hours of discussion between us about our respective beliefs. Being an evangelical pentecostal back then, I really really tried to bring him to a Christ. he did not mind discussing religion at all, but he sure had major indoctrinations against the Bible.  I do not know if any real progress was made inside his heart towards the scriptures through all that time, now, years later. but I gave him and presented to him many many arguements that bolstered the reliability and trustworthiness of the scriptures. Maybe he humored me out of respect for our friendship, but a few times, I KNOW AND FELT the Spirit of God deeply calling him and he showed deep emotion and struggle in his heart to me and I believe he had considered the CONSIDERABLE cost(for him) of following Christ.  I trust he did gain something from all these discussion, besides the fact that two people with totally different world views became close friends and shared a lot of things.  I do believe that Christ in me was a witness to him.  I DO WISH I UNDERSTOOD AS I DO NOW, but alas, I did not. But I am also very grateful to him, for he taught me critical thinking in ways I had never learned before. He was very talented in mathematics and science, and strongly believed in evolution...and he was instrumental in me changing from a young earth creationist to an old earth creationist, and I do believe his belief in God (Allah-for him) centered evolution was something I learned to respect and for the most part I now embrace, because He did believe God was the director and causer of all things, just as I do now.  His evolution was God centric. So our friendship was orchestrated by God (as all things are as we know, but here I really feel like saying it) and as much as I HATE the muslim religion because it is spirit that in NOT of Christ, I can and have loved Muslim people. I am SO very pleased and happy that they too, someday, will bow the knee and call Jesus Lord, and Sayed Ali WILL BE MY BROTHER, and we will worship together.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.