bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Brother in Prison  (Read 3627 times)

TRUTH281

My Brother in Prison
« on: September 08, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »

Please say a prayer for my brother Josh. He has just been denied parol after serving a little over one year. His full sentence is 3 1/2 years, so they do have the ability to deny his parol this time next year, but hopefully and Lord Willing he will be released. He was denied based on his past history of offenses. He really has changed but I guess it is God's Plan for him to be in there for at least another year. 2 years is a long time to be locked up. I also hope that the Father will draw my brother Josh to Christ within this next year. He somewhat believes but thats about it. I don't know what else to say. I can't imagine what he felt when he got the letter saying he would not be up for parol review for another 365 DAYS. I love him alot, and me and Josh were both looking forward to reuniting.

For those who pray, thank you and I pray Father that you would Bless them according to Your measure!

Jake

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: My Brother in Prison
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

Hi Jake,
I can understand your love, and the concern you have for your brother, I can relate a story that has hit close to home, and could be of some interest to you.
I know a person that committed a lot of what the courts may call petty crimes, and as a result was put in jail numerous times, made bail, and would turn around and do a similar act or acts, more times than I can even remember.

The last time they was arrested it was on a bigger scale, Grand larceny or a felony type crime. As a result they where found guilty and received a sentence of five years. They had to go to prison and served one of those five years, and were released and put on parole.

The same person broke their parole after a few months, and is now a fugitive from the court system, Won't renew their drivers license, doesn't have a job for fear of being found out through the tax system, and is constantly in hiding now for several years.

As hard as it may seem to the person I know, and possibly your brother also, the old saying "If you do the crime you do the time" could be the best remedy. That's how I see it any way.

I do pray that Gods will be done, whatever that may involve.

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »

I love this scripture, and have leaned on it heavily in harder times past:

Proverbs 21:1  The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

I pray that God will be with your brother (and with you) and that all involved may experience this as a blessing despite the hardships and that he will grow from a little faith to more.  

You know, I think about the whole criminal justice system these days and am so very glad we have a Soveriegn God who is not lacking and judges us righteously as the next verse in that chapter says:

Pro 21:2  Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Keep the faith, Jake.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:56:57 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:53:44 AM »

Jake, This sounds very difficult for you. I am sure it is hard on your brother and family as well. I have a son in and jail and a mentee in prison and it is very hard on me. Powerless is the word. I pray God has His will and His way in you and your brother's life

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:37:27 PM »

Hi Jake

Most humans are living in a kind of jail in their minds and feelings they cannot escape. Like in jail cells, many are imprisoned yet don’t know it. They think they are doing just fine because they might have a good job, house, relationship or other social standing of perceived worldly status.

Be of good courage.

God’s Spirit within,  transforms our identity with our “selves” to the identity, of Christ who said “Father into your hands I commend my SPIRIT” not soul, personality or identity as a Jewish carpenter from Nazareth.

Take comfort.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good, TO THEM that love God, TO THEM who are the called according to his PURPOSE.

Non can resist the Purpose of God.

Is it possible for man’s will to thwart the will and intention of God? Does man possess such a God-defying power? Can man with his illusionary free will, will against the contrary to the predetermined plan and intention of God Almighty? No! No, he can’t. LoF15b

..the question that Paul is setting us is....”who has resisted His purpose [His plan, His intention]?”
To the question, “....who has resisted His purpose?” the answer is : ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!
LoF Part 15

Be of good cheer.

Jesus did not say, Behold I am the death and the crucifixion. He said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” John 11 : 25

God IS working all things together for good....

Arc

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 02:04:45 AM »

yes this so so Deborah  many are in prison.  May the Lord Jesus set this young man free whether he is in prison or not

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 06:04:13 PM »

i shake the bars of my prisons; which are erected due to the carnality of following my own lower natures, daily and often times violently.  trying to release myself using my own strength.  but, Jesus Christ is showing me, day by day, that He is the only Strength that can tear the walls and the bars down.  and He is indeed.

my prayer is for hope, grace, and His mercy be given to us each.  anew with each day He gives us.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.