bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Sense of Humor  (Read 4746 times)

JohnMichael

God's Sense of Humor
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »

This is just for fun. Feel free to tell personal stories or use stories from the Bible. As Ray has stated, God has emotions. Where else did we get them from if not from Him?

I enter into evidence Exhibit A: 1 Samuel 5

1Sa 5:1  And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.
1Sa 5:6  But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.
1Sa 5:9  And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.

Psa 78:66  And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach.

Emerods: 1. n. pl. Hemorrhoids; piles; tumors; boils.

I cracked up laughing when I read this. That was priceless, absolutely priceless!

In Him,
John

Ireland

Re: God's Sense of Humor
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:24 PM »

Your making me itch! ;D

River

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:29:48 AM »

Psalm 2:4

4He who sits in the heavens laughs;

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »

Eccl. 3:1.4 - "1To everything -- a season, and a time to every delight under the heavens.... 4A time to weep, And a time to laugh." (YLT)

I love to laugh and I love tasteful and smart comedy (keep in mind, tasteful and smart is in the "eye of the beholder" ;)).

God definitely has a sense of humor.  We humans can do some very stupid and funny things at times; even when  we are not trying to be funny! ;D

René
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 10:59:25 AM by Rene »

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:56:30 AM »

(keep in mind, tasteful and smart is in the "eye of the beholder" ).

I'm very glad you added that Renne, very,very important point!  :)

Tom
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:05:53 AM »

I mean no disrespect to our Lord whatsoever, but I could just see it:

God: "You Philistines want to be a pain in the rear-end to Israel, so I'll give you a pain in the rear-end."

And they didn't have Preparation H back then. ;D ;D ;D

Of course, it was meant to teach and correct, but there is still that element of humor in it.

Sometimes I wonder if God doesn't laugh at us when we are caused to do stupid things...

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:21:32 AM »

Yesterday JohnMichael, I fell, dead on my a@@, it thundered.....Hmmmmmm......(kidding) ;D ;D ;D
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Samson

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »

Hi John,

I can plainly see what appears in My mind, many examples of what I consider: God's sense of Humor, but it's only My perception, perhaps others won't see it that way. Some of the various Animals He created that seem odd in their appearance, like: The Platypus or the behavior of certain animals.

As I mentioned on the phone Yesterday, the Dynamics and relationship drama between Men and Women, but I won't embrace that Topic Today,  ;), instead, I decided to mention another type of Human relationship that in My opinion features an example of God's sense of Humor. Read Below !

Parents and their Children ! Typically the Mother is the Role Model for the Daughter, ie-Monkey see, Monkey do. The Daughter reaches the Teenage years and begins to bump heads with Her Mother displaying many of the behaviors that Her Mother possesses, doing some of the undesirable things the Mother did when She was a Teenager. The Daughter with the personality that closely resembles Her Mother is the Daughter that the Mother usually has the most trouble with. They become rivals and enemies during those years, but often become best buddies later in Life. This doesn't always happen, but I witness this pattern quite often. So, if Parents have more than One Daughter, usually there's One that resembles their Mother in Personality including their flaws and this is the Daughter that presents the greatest difficulty for the Mother, Her Role Model. The same principle can be applied to the Father and One of His Son's. It seems like an example of God's sense of Humor, because the Parent gets to experience some of the problems that they presented to their Parents by wearing their Shoes, so to speak. Their in for a rude awakening, sorta a CAUSE & EFFECT  rude awakening, I might add,  ;D;).

Kind Regards, Samson.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »

Loved that example Brad,
I have two daughters and two sons and can attest to the correctness of your evaluation.
by the way i sent a personal message about flooding and wonder if you received it.
Regards, Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.