bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars - Binary Sunset  (Read 3976 times)

Shawn Fainn

Star Wars - Binary Sunset
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEUGF3NGbPg

Ah, this clip brings back some memories. I think I was 8 yrs old when I first saw it.

I can't help but think, looking back, how much of an influence this scene/music was on my young heart.

It was one of the first moments when I really began 'longing' for my Father..

Shawn Fainn

Re: Star Wars - Binary Sunset
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »

Isn't life strange sometimes?

Before writing the above post, I had heard about the planned re-release of Star Wars in 3D sometime in 2012. My first thought was of the above scene, which is one of my favorite in the original 3 films.

Now, here it is less than a week later and yesterday I come across this:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/kepler/news/kepler-16b.html

NASA's Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars

The existence of a world with a double sunset, as portrayed in the film Star Wars more than 30 years ago, is now scientific fact.

Oh, and guess what the planet was called? Tatooine :)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:06:10 PM by Hudson »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:02 PM »

One more thing to add...

As I've come to understand the real 'Truth' of Scriptures, I've begun to pay more and more attention to the little things in life.

Memories, feelings, random thoughts, smells, touch and other perceptions are things I have focused on more. What I've noticed is a pattern of things happening.

For example, it may have been years since I had eaten a certain type of food, and I start to crave it. Then, a few days/week or so later someone offers it to me. Weird huh?

Anyway, much like the first two of my posts above, I've noticed many things happen like this in life now.

The bottom line is... they remind me that everything isn't all by chance and that there is a Power behind all of this. It encourages me to think that God might just be sending me these little 'signals' as a reminder of His presence in my life and in others. It's very humbling.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »

No doubt whoever named that one was a Star Wars fan.  These days, it doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, something will remind me of the Truths of God.  I don't know if I could describe it as 'coincidence', but I do think it's evidence too.  God hasn't changed, but I have.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.