bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dry, dry land.  (Read 4460 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Dry, dry land.
« on: September 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »

Good morning folks.
I hope that this photo essay will help us to see what our neighbors are going through in Texas with the heat and recent loss of hundreds of homes. Indiana Bob

http://photoblog.statesman.com/dry-season-the-texas-drought-of-2011

JohnMichael

Re: The Dry, dry land.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

I live in San Antonio, TX, and the drought has been really bad as that photo essay portrays. We've had wild fires raging out of control near San Marcos, Bastrop, and Austin (all within 1-2 hours from San Antonio). I've even seen some medians here in town ablaze from sparks off the road construction vehicles.

May God in His infinite mercy send rain. It rained a little here yesterday for about 20 minutes - for which we are very thankful.

In Him,
John
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:54:04 PM by JohnMichael »

GaryK

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »

I live in San Antonio, TX, and the drought has been really bad as that photo essay portrays. We've had wild fires raging out of control near San Marcos, Bastrop, and Austin (all within 1-2 hours from San Antonio). I've even seen some medians here in town ablaze from sparks off the road construction vehicles.

May God in His infinite mercy send rain. It rained a little here yesterday for about 20 minutes - for which we are very thankful.

In Him,
John

Hi JohnMichael.    I understand.   I live real close and it's been bad here.    We went from the end of April after many bad storms all the way through the end of August without so much as a drop of rain.  No, I mean no drops.   On the good side I didn't need to mow the lawn.   On the bad side every day was like walking on a field of rice crispies.  We had no 2nd or 3rd cut of hay (fourth-cut questions would get you hanged from a tree) and most everyone I know was feeding round bales by July.  Most have thinned their herds to make it through the winter, and that's no guarantee.  Even the cows were breaking sticks to see who gets the short end of the stick when it came to first load.   You can count on the price of groceries to go up both at the beef side of things and because of no corn crop.    Have any idea the use of corn in food products?  Thankfully for us we have a congress nobility that understands what we common folk go through to pay the mortgage and put food on the table.  Would you like the winning lotto numbers now?  I have'em.  You believe me, right?

May God bless us with a hurricane of steady drizzle for about 6 weeks straight.

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »

Reminds me of home Bob. that's all I have to say on that  :(:)

Tom
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

barrabus

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »

Live in West Texas ... people are now starting to take the possibility of actually running completely out of water seriously...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.