bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unclean in the OT  (Read 4333 times)

Ian

Unclean in the OT
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »

Hello,

What did it mean when one was considered "unclean" in the Old Testament? Does it apply today?

Thank you.

Mbongiseni

Re: Unclean in the OT
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:15:51 AM »

The whole thing of "clean" and "unclean" had to do with physical ceremonial laws given for guidence to the Israelites for healthy life style. We will remember that they have been amongst Egyptians or so called gentiles for 400 years and possibly they took part in most of idol worship and feasted on food offered or dedicated to idols. Although the first Christians also had a prioblem with regard to these things but some times Paul had to demostrate to the Jewish community that he still followed the ceremonial cleansing laws, in my opinion , he did that for their own unbelief."I always try to do what is right to God and to men...I had made myself clean the way the law says to do."(Acts 24:16,18)

Also we have to be guided by Christ spiritual laws as taught in BT e.g. Notice this: "And He [Jesus] called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man." Even though Jesus said, "hear and understand"

I understand that most of our families where we come from some are intertwined into the so called cultural custom and ancestral worship which gives some an uphill when  trying to part with it once and for all, but God willing, the light will shine even brighter as one perserveres in this marathon. Sure you will get a better explanation as the members reply to your thread .

God blesss
Mbongiseni.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »

I think you answered it very well Mbon.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »

Acts chapters 10, and 11 are a great study, Peter gets schooled by the Lord concerning those considered unclean.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.