bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His Spirit, our spirit  (Read 4182 times)

roperfam

His Spirit, our spirit
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:18:13 AM »

Trying to understand these verse a little better.  

Rom 8:16  The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;

Do we have our own spirit??  seperate from the Spirit of God?

Satch

His Spirit
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:57:05 AM »

This verse does seem a bit difficult but the way I understand it is this: As Gentiles we are "adopted" if you will , into the family of God. I think this verse means that even though we often feel unworthy in our spirit , it is the Holy spirit of God that reassures us that we are His.  If we have accepted the fact that God has provided the supreme sacrifice for our sin His Holy Spirit is our comfort and reminder that there is nothing we can do to earn forgiveness but He forgives us. This may not make sense. It is hard for me to verbalize.

ertsky

His Spirit, our spirit
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »

your question reminded me of a few verses

1Co 6:17  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

it seems there is a lot to look forward to! and not only for the body of Christ!

Eph 1:10  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Rom 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

until then i'm presently relating to these verses

Luk 12:49  I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luk 12:50  But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

2Co 4:10  at all times the dying of the Lord Jesus bearing about in the body, that the life also of Jesus in our body may be manifested,
2Co 4:11  for always are we who are living delivered up to death because of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our dying flesh,

the greek word for because of there is dia

G1223
διά
dia
Thayer Definition:
1) through
1a) of place
1a1) with
1a2) in
1b) of time
1b1) throughout
1b2) during
1c) of means
1c1) by
1c2) by the means of
2) through
2a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done
2a1) by reason of
2a2) on account of
2a3) because of for this reason
2a4) therefore
2a5) on this account
Part of Speech: preposition
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: a primary preposition denoting the channel of an act

dia, as in the word diameter, through

isn't that just like the Lord

in the midst, always loved that revelation of Rays

Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

man i cannot wait till i understand all this fully!

Luk 23:45  And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Heb 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
Heb 6:20  Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

G4274
πρόδρομος
prodromos
Thayer Definition:
1) a forerunner
1a) especially one who is sent before to take observations or act as a spy, a scout, a light armed soldier
1b) one who comes in advance to a place where the rest are to follow

f

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.