bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some questions from chav ?  (Read 3941 times)

chav

some questions from chav ?
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:16:50 PM »

Hi everyone , this is my first attempt at posting on this site , so you will have bear with me whilst I find my feet.
Having spent several hours over the past weekend  reading Ray's writings , I guess I was somewhat blown away by what I read. In Hebrews chapter 6 the writer clearly states that teachings about the resurrection of the dead as an elementary truth , and yet in my own spiritual life (30+ years ) I haven't really given it much thought , although I did have doubts about the eternal punishment thing , and the Trinity thdoctrine has also been a problem for me. So I have plenty of questions still which I hope will be answered in due course, for example.
The white throne judgement Rev 20 , states that only those whose names aren't written in the Lamb's book of life are thrown into the lake of fire. The implication being that there are some who will have there names written in the book of life and therefore escape the lake . So who are these people ?. It does not state they are good bible believiing christians
Jesus also talks about those that enter in because(to paraphrase) ' you fed and clothed me ' Matt 25: 31 onwards , are they the  same ? Does God also take account of good character, morals and actions also. Just thinking aloud ,however it does raise the question.
Ray has also made reference to  Concordant literal new testament, according to one review on Amazon the author of this version is an Airian ? (or alien) someone who does not believe that Christ is  God . or the same as the Father. There are a few scriptures John 1:1 ( obviously) Isaiah 9 : 6
' for unto us   child is born ... mighty God , Hebrews 1 :8 'But of the Son he says your throne  O God is forever' However, Paul does not seem to labour this point, but rather stresses that salvation is through faith in the Son as Lord ,and belief in the resurrection Rom 10 :17. Is this acccurate , or am I in danger of being of being burnt at the stake as a heretic.

hillsbororiver

Re: some questions from chav ?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:26:39 PM »

Hello Chav and welcome,

You posed some excellent questions, His "elect" are those whose name is in The Book Of Life, the ones being judged and chastised now. Here is the 1st part of "The Lake of Fire Part VI that should help your understanding a bit. Keep the questions coming!

The Lake of Fire - PART VI

TWO JUDGMENTS BY FIRE

Only two sections of Scripture speak of judging every man’s work in fire. They are Revelation 20 and I Corinthians 3. Earlier in this series we covered many Scriptures showing that Judgment is on the House of God NOW (from the time of the Apostles until the return of Christ), and that there is coming a later judgment at the Great White Throne. All humanity and all angelic messengers will be judged in one of these two judgments by fire.

In Part V we saw how God likens believers to a garden that is to produce fruit. God also likens our spiritual development to that of a building. We are to produce much "spiritual fruit" which will also make us "living stones" in a great temple prepared for God’s dwelling place. We will now continue our study beginning with the Foundation upon which all this spiritual structure is to be built.

You can read the entire article here;

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.