bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bride of Christ- Eternal ?  (Read 5788 times)

gallenwalsh

Bride of Christ- Eternal ?
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »

From what I have been able to understand so far regarding the Bride of Christ it seems to me that Ray is saying that this is an age abiding position afforded to the 144,000. It seems to me that age abiding ( if I understand correctly) is a temporary position until the rest of humanity is assimilated to the collective (the family of God).Then all will be turned over to the Father. My question is: Will there always be a bride? Will it even matter after a while?Will the rest of humanity not eventually become kings and priests as well?Will we not all bear the image of Christ and be sent out to the universe to do the will of the Father?Are the scriptures silent on this?I cannot seem to find anything further.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Bride of Christ- Eternal ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »

What is greater than having immortality, and being completely one with God?

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »

Good question and comments.
Regarding the husband wife relationship with Lord Jesus.
I believe that it will be an age lasting relationship for the ages of the ages.

Doesn't scripture provide several illustrations of a hierarchical relationship in God's family. Aren't the holy angels one example of this arrangement. Also the arrangement provided to Moses in the exodus when he was overwhelmed by the tasks assigned to him and his father-in-law instructed him to appoint Captains to guide and to judge over the people of God. Exodus 18:16-23

Of course Moses was physical and limited in human ability, but that isn't the only reason to delegate authority with responsibility. God can address all of our needs through Lord Jesus, but we have learned that God wants to share His creation with all and it would seem in character for God to have a chain of command with feed back allowing all to learn how to administer government.

Lord Jesus will always be the "first born of many". No one will ever displace him. Shouldn't that be the same with the bride? We, the bride will always have our special place in Lord Jesus' heart and serve him with affection and perhaps produce spiritual "offspring" of a junior, subordinate relationship.

Father God has the capacity to love everyone no matter how large the family becomes. Hasn't Ray suggested that even God learns by doing?
Shouldn't we find joy in growing in grace and knowledge through our appointed responsibilities and opportunities in the Kingdom?

Kindly offered, Indiana Bob

Bob

Duane

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »

I just got done reading in Rev. 21:2 that the "Bride of Christ" was not the church but, rather, the New Jerusalem. How this fits "in the mix"
or WHERE we "fit in the mix", I am not sure.

JohnMichael

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

I just got done reading in Rev. 21:2 that the "Bride of Christ" was not the church but, rather, the New Jerusalem. How this fits "in the mix"
or WHERE we "fit in the mix", I am not sure.

New Jerusalem and the Bride of Christ are one body - the Elect. They are also the Kingdom of Heavens/Kingdom of God in this Age, and in the next.

See Ray's article: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.msg49588.html#msg49588

Hope this helps; In Him,
John

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 01:00:24 PM »

Great reference John Michael,
Thanks for sharing. We need to read and re-read this whole article.
Indianabob

You have the mustard seed. 
It’s something that is very small and GROWS into something very strong. 

1Cor. 1:26  For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

The nobodies - the nothings - the mustard seeds.  That’s what God calls us.  But they grow. 

Christ is the King who is gone into a far nation.  To do what?  What does the parable say, what is He going to get there?  A kingdom! 

Where is Christ now?  He is in heaven.  But what is He doing on the earth?  He’s getting Himself a kingdom.  It started with the Apostles - the few.  He said to ‘you’ it’s given to understand, you are the few.  But to ‘them’ - the many, it is not given, but to the few.  Many called - a lot of seeds scattered around, but only some seeds fall on the good ground, the few. 

If you cast the net into the sea and you pull in all these fish.  But you throw a lot of them away, because only a few are the good ones that you save.  That’s what the parable are all about... all of them.  God CHOOSING out the few for His kingdom.  The kingdom of God is like this, it’s like that, it’s like, it’s like… it’s like US and what God is doing through us.

Rev 5:10  And You made US kings and priests to our God, and WE will reign over the earth.

WE are the kingdom!  You are going to have to do a little rethinking in your minds here maybe.  We are the kingdom.

Mbongiseni

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 07:01:18 AM »

There will be no time for boredomness in the ages to come when finally the "bridegroom has come" and (Unveilling 22:20) "He Who is testifying these things is saying, 'Yea, I am coming swiftly.'" "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!"21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints! Amen! Our Father God is Infinite; we will forever be learninng and appreaciating the Love of God towards us. When I listen to Ray explaining how the universe is expanding at ultrasonic velocity, some times I can't stop pondering how God's spiritual Kingdom wil still be growing without end. It makes me so much eager to be there and say "Come Lord Jesus".

God Bless  His elect and called.Amen.
Mbongiseni

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »

this teaching is very significant for what is to come.  i wonder with the middle east in the up roar that it is in will the nation of Israel be captive?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.