bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joining the 21st Century!  (Read 5373 times)

Duane

Joining the 21st Century!
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »

For anyone interested, Duane Gevert is now on Face Book!  Any friends?

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Joining the 21st Century!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

Joining the 21st Century eh? Well, I have a FB account but I tell ya what I've learned about FB.

It's one more social feed to keep up with and a very intrusive one at that. That's fine and dandy if you like that sort of thing.

Family members don't make good FB friends, at least for me they don't. Seems they post some the most outrageous things that I would never post, say or share with anyone much less supposed FB friends.

People tend to make friends with any body that sends them a Friend Request. This is a silly and irresponsible thing to do that invites trouble IMO.   

If it weren't for using it to keep in touch with a few childhood friends I would close my FB account. Come to think of it, they know my phone number so, it's just a matter of time till FB get's the boot.

Don't take what I said here about FB the wrong way Duane, your FB experience may turn out to be a great thing and I hope it does for you, really I do.

Stacey

Duane

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 02:44:04 AM »

Stacey...Thank you for your concern.  I will keep your thoughts in mind. 
 I am not to fussy about what people say about me.  If that were a concern, I blew it when I got fully involved with Bible-Truths!
Anyone who had any good to think about me--that was blown when I let my new beliefs be known. 
The rest of my foibles are pretty well known and I am the first one to chuckle at myself.
I have always thought if people were talking about me-good or bad-at least they were thinking of me!
Thanks again,
Duane

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

People tend to make friends with any body that sends them a Friend Request. This is a silly and irresponsible thing to do that invites trouble IMO.   

Stacey, I do agree with you on this issue, the "Friend" thing.  One of my relatives that I accepted as a "Friend" has over 1,000 friends! ::) :P

I am not a fan of Facebook, overall, however, I do enjoy looking at the pictures of friends and family that are posted.  However, I have noticed, that some people come across as so narcissistic, that I do get tired of seeing pictures of them and reading their daily comments. :-\

René

Duane

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »

OUCH??

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

I searched but did not find.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »

OUCH??

Duane,

My comments about Facebook were not in reference to you.  Sorry if you misunderstood. :)

René

Duane

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »

Rene...Thank you for clarifying that the comment wasn't directed to me. 
It would be easy for me to misunderstand because unfortunately, I kind of, at times, fall into that category! (
I wrote you more "off-line" to further clarify.
In Him,
Duane 

Ireland

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »

Hi Duane. Personally I like to check into my facebook acct. and look around from time to time. After I am done keeping up with some of my old friends I deactivate lol. You seem like a very light hearted and friendly person. Your personality type will probably enjoy it ;D. We all need Duane's in our life to keep us from being too serious, and I am serious about that :P. Thanks Duane for your sincerety and humor. You are a blessing to this forum for sure!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.