bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Input on this new book?  (Read 8477 times)

Duane

Any Input on this new book?
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:04:42 AM »

It bought this new book "'52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday (and why the truth is so much better)" by Steve McVey, the president of Grace Walk Ministries.
I am going to read it tomorrow.
I am anxious to see if it corresponds to Ray's material.
Have any of you read it?  Comments?

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
Re: Any Input on this new book?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »

No, but it sounds interesting. I just ordered Live Wins by Rob Bell and Hope Beyond He'll by Gerald Beauchemin.
Elaine

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »

If you had to buy it, it doesn't correspond with ALL Ray's material.  Just saying, is all.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

River

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:52:08 AM »

I agree Dave. I went to the main site of this Steve McVey and it's business as usual.

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:43:48 AM »

That was one of the things my husband and I were discussing...the sale of these materials and making a profit off of it.
Elaine

gmik

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »

Well, people need to make a living also...so it is not ALL bad ... charging for a service or book that you keep and reread or loan out is sometimes $ well spent...I like the sites that ask for donation but will still give you a book or whatever w/o $ is admirable.

I bought and read Rob Bell's book Love Wins...it was very good.  And I know he doesn't have gold toilets or dog food bowls...haha....

message me privately if you want some websites that moniter "ministries" to make sure they are legit.

Praise God Ray has never charged for his services- he has been blessed for sure in that way.

I wouldn't have taught school for 30 years w/o a paycheck.

Gee, I am rambling but lets not knock everyone that charges for something. And praise God for Ray!!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »

When I was just a few days in to believing the Gospel--before I even knew there WAS a forum AND before I was fully convinced of Ray himself--I spent a few hours fantasizing about how I could use this wonderful good news to turn a few bucks.  The Spirit of God yanked my chain, and that experience marked me.  I'm not the only one who has had these thoughts, either. 

The best examples I have worked for a living and gave the gospel away.  So I think I can 'judge' best from OK, and OK from the worst of babylon.

Pro 21:2  Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

I can't ponder other's hearts.  I can barely ponder my own.  The only point I wanted to make is the one I made.  Of course people who work for a living should be paid.  Of course printing and publishing are businesses--even 'non-profits' have to have income of some sort.  Of course those who provide for us should be provided for.  I'm happy to let those engaged in the trade work out the details as they see fit. 

But I know this:  If I had felt for even a second that B-T was a money-maker, that would have been enough to 'pluck the seed' out of the ground before it had a chance to sprout.  I was plenty apprehensive, wary, and unsure of Ray as it was, without having that extra barrier. 

That's my heart.  Don't judge me either.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »

When I was just a few days in to believing the Gospel--before I even knew there WAS a forum AND before I was fully convinced of Ray himself--I spent a few hours fantasizing about how I could use this wonderful good news to turn a few bucks.  The Spirit of God yanked my chain, and that experience marked me.  I'm not the only one who has had these thoughts, either.  

But I know this:  If I had felt for even a second that B-T was a money-maker, that would have been enough to 'pluck the seed' out of the ground before it had a chance to sprout.  I was plenty apprehensive, wary, and unsure of Ray as it was, without having that extra barrier.  

That's my heart.  Don't judge me either.    

You aren't the only one that has had these thoughts, Dave. I was just thinking the other day about how I could try to write an allegory using the Truth, and I was convicted immediately. That would be peddling the Word of God for profit - big no-no.

I too remember thinking Ray was "just another" peddler of watered-down fantasies like the churches were. I literally read his papers with an eye looking for mistakes at first. I kept thinking, "He's going to screw up some time. Any minute now." It's a testimony to God that that moment never came.

With all of us going through different trials, isn't it amazing when lines merge for a moment :)

In Him,
John

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »

Dave's comments reminded me of something I experienced.

A little over a year ago, I was desperately looking for a job.  I was wondering if I needed to return to school to get some sort of new training to make myself more "marketable."  However, I struggled with identifying a "new trade" that was something I was willing to go into debt to receive a degree or to get certified in.  A relative of mine asked me what is it that I have a passion for?  The only thing that came into my mind was studying the scriptures.  She responded that maybe I should consider becoming a minister.  I politely let her know that this was not an option for making money!  

Sorry, Duane, for contributing to the "highjacking" of your original question. ;D

René
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:34:06 PM by Rene »

Duane

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »

I am nearly all the way thru the book and found the book fascinating.  So far, I don't think Ray would have any objections to the material covered although I had to disagree with some of he statements within the verbiage from time to time but not the general thesis.  Now he has 101 lies to write about!
One disappointment was that he didn't have even ONE LIE that we have learned from Ray taught in the "Church of Babylon" ie:  doctrine of hell, trinity, heaven and about 10 others!
His lies pertained to:  Chapter title examples: Statements that sound good on the surface that-- aren't true.
1.  God can't forgive you--if you don't forgive others
2.  The Christian life is all of Him and none of me
3.  Your greatest responsibility is to serve God
4.  Christ wants to have first place in your life
5.  When we do wrong we are out of fellowship with God
6.  God won't put on you more than you can bear
7.  You need to find God's perfect will for your life
8.  There are secular as well as sacred things in life
9.  The answer for weak Christians is to rededicate you life to Christ
10.  God wants to give you what you need
and on and on--with great provocative titles.

I had "no problem" in paying for the book because the store, publisher and truckers need money for services
even if the author may not.

JohnMichael

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »

Hi Duane,

Interesting thing about number 6. We've always heard that, "God will not put more on us than we can bear." It's interesting that that is NOT what the Scriptures say.

1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it

It says God will not allow us to be tempted above what we are able. It doesn't say He won't put more on us than we can bear. Just a little interesting tidbit that has been peculating in the back of my head for a while now. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

In Him,
John

Samson

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »

Looks like he does give it for free on you-tube. 

Good Point Journey ! I will often play the " find the information on You-Tube game," it's often(no pun intended) successful, even if you only obtain many excerpt's or parts of the material, the objective is accomplished and you often save a buck too.  ;) Carry On, Samson.

gmik

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »

Janine...your thoughts were not wayward!?!  They were YOUR thoughts.

Duane

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 05:27:04 AM »

I just read "It is better to burn-out for Christ than to rust out" (lie 46) and (47) "You will be blessed because you tithe".

I think the book is very well worth reading because even WE still have rumblings of Babylon in our head and don't know to question them
UNTIL they are pointed out ie: "God will not ALLOW you face a harder problem than you can handle" mistranslated from the verse "God will
not allow you to be TEMPTED (not tried) above that ye are able, but will with......that ye may be able to bear it."

Just like the KJV adding the word "things" to the verse "God created ALL" so to EXCLUDE non-things like evil, sin etc.  This creates a lie in those reading the KJV so I don't come down too hard on them because that IS what the KJV says and is taught!

SOOO, buy it or U-tube it--I GUARANTEE you a good read!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.