bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Others may, you cannot  (Read 13552 times)

ciy

Re: Others may, you cannot
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »

Mongoose

Good verses.  I agree that I, as we all I think, am seeking the truths and deeper mysteries of God.  I posted because of the orginal article posted where it causes us to focus on our worldly situation and causes us to say we do not want blessings, physical blessings, in this age.  I believe there is more to this than meets the eye... We need to live each moment expecting the blessings of God to be on us.  And whatever we are facing to expect to be delivered because that is hope.  That is joy in the Lord.  Keep on seeking until we truly feel everything is a blessing.  It is all joy.

If we say we are poor and do not want to be rich, we are carnal.  If we say we are rich and do not want to be poor, we are carnal.

CIY

ciy

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »

Mongoose,
Your PS is correct, but there again praise God for it.  Have a great day.
CIY

Sorin

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »

I can identify with "keeping me poor" and "others may" I may not. 1 It seems like God is keeping all  the good things in life from me, and no matter how hard I try to obtain them I just see others succeed at the exact thing I strive to achieve and yet I can not achieve it no matter what.  I really don't see myself as "special" to God or as one who has "The Holy Spirit" or anything like that,
2 so my conclusion is God either hates me, or is punishing me, or both.

1Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

21Jo 4:9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

We can only have the love of God through knowing Jesus. It hurts me to think that God's children think God hates them, when scripture tells me plainly that God is love, and those that seek Jesus will be fulfilled.

Mat7:7 "Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Sorin (and longhorn)> you have just prompted me to study into this more....more later.

May the perfect will of God touch your hearts.
Marie

Marie,

You do make a valid point, and have given me some food for thought. Thanks.

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Sorin,

I can see the Lord chastising you and refining you through your frustrations and troubles, Paul considered these things a blessing and a time for joy, to the carnal mind this would appear to be a sure sign of insanity.

You can say that again. :lol:

But perhaps you're right about the chastening and the refining. Though it's really hard for me to "count it all joy".

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Brother, there are times when your insight into spiritual things indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit and that He is working in you, all of us have "thorns in our side" and go through trials and tribulations and even times when we don't feel the presence of His Spirit as we desire. These are growing (in Him) pains, if it were not difficult we wouldn't be admonished to "be overcomers" to the end. What is there to overcome if the things we think we need are at the ready and at our disposal? If these earthly things are in our grasp would we be open to the spiritual or would we consider ourselves "rich and in need of nothing?"

Believe me I empathize with you,

Joe

Thanks for the kind words Joe, and you're right I do have some insight into Spiritual things, but I am also a horrible sinner. Definitely unworthy of any of it. But it is not something that's obtained by wanting it, nor by good works, but rather God just doing what He wants with His own. I think Paul is a really good example of this.

Thanks again guys for your responses,
Sorin

ciy

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 02:00:18 AM »

I do not mean to be an unending nag going on here, but I just want to pose another question to ponder.  Are we suppose to live a quiet life?  If I am wrong correct me, but I believe that both Mike and Ray believe the characters in the bible are us?  I believe this.  It is really not a book it is telling you about you and what the plan is for you.  We must all be blinded on the road to Damascus.  We are to be like Paul and press on believing we are becoming the image of Jesus.  Just as he and all of the other disciples shook this world, are we not to shake this world too?  I do not know but I believe when we really know the truths.  I mean really know the truths.  Then we will be set free.  Really, really free.  When you are really free of any entanglements in this world will you not be led to live a life that is out there?  Living on the edge for others.  Pushing the envelope because you know the truths and there is no sting to this life or death.  You are free indeed.

I do not mean to go on, but I think we should encourage each other to be bold.  Live bold.  Stand in the gap.  Of course the standard reply by "christians" is that Paul said that all are not called to be preachers, evangelist, etc and everybody thinks they are just not suppose to stand out being bold but to be quiet.  Paul says there are all parts to the body of Christ and it seems most people (me included) seem to want to be a toe on the body of Christ hidden somewhere down in an old shoe.  I think we must continue to fellowship with believers so as to encourage or exhort one another to live loud for the truth.   

I am only suggesting.  I may be wrong.  I will continue to think about it.
CIY

MG

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »

Philippians 4
11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 3
7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death

sanctification
1. The act of sanctifying or making holy; the being sanctified or made holy; especially.

The act of God's grace by which the affections of men are purified, or alienated from sin and the world, and exalted to, a supreme love to God; also, the state of being thus purified or sanctified. "God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth." (2 Thess. Ii. 13)

2. The act of consecrating, or of setting apart, for a sacred purpose; consecration.

Origin: L. Sanctification: cf. F. Sanctification.

Source: Websters Dictionary

(01 Mar 1998)

I look to the book of Job as both real and a parable of our process of sanctification. I feel that we will be set apart from all things of this world. Job was set apart from everything in his life. Wealth, Possessions, Friends, Wife, Children, Servants, Health, etc.. It was all later returned to him. I think we learn not to entangle ourselves with things of this world that are perishable, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy all things which God has given us. Paul was content to have or have not. He was content with all things.

Mark 10
28Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

ciy

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

Two good posts Mongoose and MG,

It is a plan that we are living and we will change as we walk that plan out.  One who is not a teacher today may be a teacher tomorrow.  We are to become the exact image of Christ.  What gift did he lack?  Keep growing and believing in the Word until our minds are completely transformed.  It is awesome that it is all from the inside out.  Do not rush it.  Be patient, but continuously expect it.

It is that we are joyful whether rich or poor but to not say either is the way a true believer should be.  Live life believing, no, knowing with all of your heart that it is all of God.  I love in Genesis where Abraham when the truth really hits home he falls on his face laughing.  Then Sarah laughs in her heart.  Then they name the blessing from God laughter and Sarah caps it off when she says"God hath made me to laugh; so that all that hear will laugh with me."  We are to laugh our way through this life so that we will shine like stars and others that come near with laugh with us.

God is awesome.
CIY

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.