bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encouraging words to you from a pastor  (Read 4709 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Encouraging words to you from a pastor
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »

Hi Ray

I am pastor of a church in New Zealand and I stumbled upon your website 9 years ago.

I’ve read most of your articles about ‘hell’, as well as the counter arguments from your detractors (most of which are emotionally charged vitriole that fail to address your actual statements, but at least a few have been genuine, intelligent efforts that were worth reading).

I find your conclusions to be irresistible.  Your arguments are clearly superior in the 3 main areas of evaluation, those being the Scriptural argument, the logical argument and the moral argument.  Of course, you get absolutely caned in the area of ‘popularity’ (but we both know, there’s only one opinion that really counts in the end).

I have learnt so much vital stuff about the actual meaning and intent of these difficult scriptures that you have addressed concerning hell, judgment, lake of fire, eternity, etc.  I for one, am now persuaded that the classic, widely taught doctrine of hell is not a scriptural truth (to put it mildly).  Yep, the Lord will judge, chastise, discipline, punish accordingly, but it won’t be by stoking up an eternal BBQ.

Anyway, I know you get a lot of positive comments from various believers, but I can’t say I’ve noticed any from pastors so I’m hoping you’ll be encouraged by the thought that there actually are some pastors out there somewhere who aren’t so hell-bent on upholding the doctrine of hell.

Your work is not in vain, and though I know it is against the odds that it will ever happen, still my prayer is that mainstream Christendom will awake to the truth of this most serious matter.  If anyone can turn it around, it’s the Lord.

May God continue to bless you,

Patrick

P.S.  I also loved your article on the secret rapture (another popular teaching that will never eventuate).  I mean, at least with the ‘hell’ doctrine there are verses that look like they support it, but there ain’t nothing in all the NT that even pretends to remotely imply a ‘secret’ 2nd coming.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.