bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 6223 times)

Origen II

Is it just me?
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »

I get really annoyed when people pray in public and always have to pray with hands held and in a circle.

I dunno. It just seems really fake to me. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

orion77

Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  They have their reward to be seen and praised of others.  Here is how we are to pray:

(Mat 6:5)  And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the open streets so that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

(Mat 6:6)  But you, when you pray, enter into your room and shutting your door, pray to your Father in secret. And your Father seeing in secret will repay you in the open.

(Mat 6:7)  But when you pray, do not be babbling vain words, as the nations; for they think that they shall be heard in their much speaking.

(Mat 6:8)  Then do not be like them, for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask Him.

God bless,

Gary

mongoose

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »

Nothing wrong with you Origen II.

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »

I get really annoyed when people pray in public and always have to pray with hands held and in a circle.

I dunno. It just seems really fake to me. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

Nothing that I can see!   :o

YellowStone

jerry

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:41:35 PM »

yes origen there is,your and alien,aliens dont pray in public.....Jerry

mongoose

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 03:50:39 PM »

;D  Good point Jerry!

Origen II

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:57:38 PM »

Thanks, guys. I just feel so bad sometimes when people ask me to pray out loud and I can't do it. I just don't know what to say...and at the same time I always get really annoyed.

jenniferonline

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 06:06:09 PM »

Just depends on the circumstances for me.   I admire people that have the gift to pray in group settings without sounding vain or rehearsed.  There are times when it's just from the Spirit.  like i said, circumstances.  Of course, there is always the right winged rallies and pickets in downtown seattle or ::name your town and political hot button here:: that grind on my last nerve.  It just looks so out of place sometimes.... "Please God, let such and such see the error of their ways. .... blah blah blah..yada yada yada"  phhhbbttt.. ::makes rude sound with mouth::

Hmmm.  maybe i should go downtown next time and hold a sign that says.. Matt 7:5 and put a fake beam in my eye. (like one of those fake knives in the head hats at the costume shops?)  I know.. i'm a troublemaker.  :-\

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 10:44:59 PM »

Nothing wrong with you Origen, I feel the same way. Prayer is not supposed to be a showcase.

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »

Yes it is amazing how unconscious christians are about these prayer circles. I try my best to avoid them . You are right Origen,  they really are starting to give me the creeps.  I do not want to be part of them anymore because I do not want to join them in prayers because most of their requests are for carnal things.

They do these a lot where I work and most of the time it seem so hypocritical because they  pray for people and then turn around later and gossip about them.  IT is definitely all for show

I think I remember that the origins of the prayer circles are left over of early gnosostic and pagan influences that became incorporated into secret catholic rituals  after the 2nd century.

When not at home for me... my car, or my office, and even the bathroom  or anywhere the Father and I are alone.... that is my prayer closet where I commiune with Him in private.

beloved

nbogosian

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »

I don't like praying out loud, but I have no problem "praying in public".  Why has everyone assumed that people who pray in public are doing it for showcase?  Do you even know the hearts of these people?  I think it is better for people to examine their own beliefs and character before they disqualify "those".  If you don't like praying in public, leave it at that.  Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but there is nothing wrong with praying in public.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.