bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encouraging Passage  (Read 2733 times)

JohnMichael

Encouraging Passage
« on: October 14, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »

I have read this passage a couple of times in the KJV, but I think the WNT (at least for me) really brings out the meaning. I just wanted to share :). Minus some of the past tense usages, of course.

Eph 2:1  To you Gentiles also, who were dead through your offences and sins,
Eph 2:2  which were once habitual to you while you walked in the ways of this world and obeyed the Prince of the powers of the air, the spirits that are now at work in the hearts of the sons of disobedience--to you God has given Life.
Eph 2:3  Among them all of us also formerly passed our lives, governed by the inclinations of our lower natures, indulging the cravings of those natures and of our own thoughts, and were in our original state deserving of anger like all others.
Eph 2:4  But God, being rich in mercy, because of the intense love which He bestowed on us,
Eph 2:5  caused us, dead though we were through our offences, to live with Christ--it is by grace that you have been saved--
Eph 2:6  raised us with Him from the dead, and enthroned us with Him in the heavenly realms as being in Christ Jesus,
Eph 2:7  in order that, by His goodness to us in Christ Jesus, He might display in the Ages to come the transcendent riches of His grace.
Eph 2:8  For it is by grace that you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is God's gift, and is not on the ground of merit--
Eph 2:9  so that it may be impossible for any one to boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are God's own handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for good works which He has pre-destined us to practise.

In Him,
John
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:04:32 PM by JohnMichael »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Encouraging Passage
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

thank you sweet brother john michael.  :)

the Scriptures are most assuredly the BEST words to live by and aspire to.  these which you have posted are much needed in my life at this time.

thank you again for the salve of oil from our Creator.
claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.