bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fruit after creation? ?  (Read 3821 times)

newgene87

fruit after creation? ?
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »

Okayyy I'm reading the article on the creation not being in 6 24hour days; I accept rays viewpoints... but he says something which kinda goes against the power of God

Speaking how God "sprouted fruit to grow from the ground which "scientifically" would take 3 years....ray says......"What fruit? I mean if God started vegetation to start growing the third day and here they are at the sixth day and they’ve got fruit? How do you get fruit to grow in 72 hours? You have a major problem there. Then more recently, this past year, when I started studying this more deeply I saw more things."

Okay, how did Jesus feed 4,000 and 5,000 at a later time with a few fish and 5 loaves???? I think that miracle doesn't make sense at all so I think it would make sense for fruit to grow in a couple of days. I mean scripture is filled with things That God did and it doesn't make sense. Does anyone else see what I mean? I mean, its good to know that the earth could've been created billions of years ago based on the used of "time" or "yom " that's fine. But to say it doesn't make sense that the creation wasn't in 6 days: then just about the whole bible doesn't make sense. Virgin birth, wine to water, 5 THOUSAND fed,  and just about any other miracle or feat in the scriptures. Hope someone understands

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: fruit after creation? ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »

You're mixing your metaphors. There are outright miracles and they are identified as such.

All of creation obeys the physical laws God set up. When something does not adhere to these laws it is identified as a miracle (isn't that part of the definition of a miracle?).

If there were no dinosaurs millions of years ago then the evidence must be a deception by God. Same for all the strata that shows the age of earth, and the stars that shows us the age of the universe.

If God is deceiving us in these matters then He is lying, but God tells us He cannot lie.

Tit 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »

As Ray says often, it isn't that God COULDN'T do it, it's that He DIDN'T do it.  Scripture SAYS what He did and did not do.  We have to tune out the traditions of men and theological assumptions, and read all the words.  

I'll stop there and let Ray finish.  :D  
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

newgene87

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »

Brilliant :) :). Thank you for landing my confusion plane. That is something I can grasp. Creation must have been an awesome wonder! Thank you so much :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.