bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About to hit 7 billion !!  (Read 6622 times)

Kat

About to hit 7 billion !!
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:46:09 PM »

The world's population will officially hit seven billion on Monday, October 31 —  at least according to the State of World Population 2011, a report published by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). Because it's impossible to keep up with every birth and death in the world, the date reflects an estimate of reaching 7 billion rather than the exact date itself.

Population

Year           Billion

1800              1

1927              2

1960              3

1974              4

1987              5

1999              6

2011              7

Population growth did not become exponential until around 1750. Before that, high mortality counterbalanced the high fertility needed by agrarian parents. Death rates were high and life expectancy was low.

Upper Paleolithic                     33 -At age 15, life expectancy an additional 39 years (total age 54).

Neolithic                                 20

Bronze Age and Iron Age          26

Classical Greece                       28

Classical Rome                         28 -At age 15, life expectancy an additional 37 years (total age 52).

Pre-Columbian North America    25-30

Medieval Islamic Caliphate         35+

Medieval Britain                        30 -At age 21, life expectancy an additional 43 years (total age 64).

Early Modern Britain                  25-40

Early 20th Century                    31

Current world average (2010)    67.2           

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515

JohnMichael

Re: About to hit 7 billion !!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »

When God said He wanted many sons and daughters, He wasn't mincing words. :)

John

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »

Hi Kat
Do you or anyone else know why people before Noah's flood lived for hundreds of years?
Felix

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »

Vitamins, lots of vitamins.  :o  ???

Well actually it can be at least partly explained by the fact that God created Adam and Eve in perfect health and it took many generations to accumulate defects and to abuse their health in various ways.
I don't know what else people might have done to ruin their health, but suppose there was too much alcohol and home made drugs, too much red meat and much less exercise.
Plus we don't know that the average was say five hundred, it could be that the exceptions we read about in Genesis were just that, exceptions.

We may also consider from scripture that God planned it that way so that the first few generations would spread across the earth more quickly and establish cities and develop sinful worship methods.

Let's hear from the experts...

Bob

Hi Kat
Do you or anyone else know why people before Noah's flood lived for hundreds of years?
Felix

Stacey

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:21 AM »

Interesting stats there Kat. Looks like we are growing in population quickly but also life expectancy has increased somewhat.

Hi Kat
Felix

Let's hear from the experts...

I'm no expert at anything I know of except for maybe sinning.

Long time ago I sat through a long and boring for the most part, VHS siminar series by Dr. Kent Hovind. Also known as Dr. Dino for his opinions on what happened to the dinosaurs. Some of what he had to say made sense and stuck with me about why people lived for so long way back in the beginning. Basically, it can be summed up to a one liner.

The air was a lot more pure than it is now.

That's the jest of the Hovind theory on longevity. It was convincing to me back then especially when he tied in the fact (or he said it like it was fact) that dinosaurs had such small nostrils if they were around now trying to breathe the air we do, they would most certainly die quickly.

Better air = much longer life.

That's all I got to say about that.  :)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:05:38 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

Duane

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 04:06:00 AM »

Felix--I heard that before the flood of Noah's day, that the earth was surrounded by water in the upper atmospheres.  This accounted for where much the water came from to flood the earth (I haven't read Ray's article on the Flood yet). 

At the same time, this layer of water was very effective in blocking the ultra-violet rays that are so destructive to man-kind.  (Those UV-rays really shorten life and cause skin cancer.)

When this barrier disappeared, life expectancy fell rapidly.

I heard it explained BUT can I prove it from the Bible??  No.

zvezda

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »

i remember ray said "seven means complete", does that mean there will be no more new babies? ;D :P

Kat

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »

Hi Flex,

Well I guess we are just giving our opinions of why they lived so long from the time Adam was created. It occurs to me that Adam was the beginning of a differnet kind of man, God created a man "to till the ground." Well what else did God teach Adam? It was beginning with these early generation that all kinds of things were beginning to be implemented; I believed this is when the wheel began to be used and the mining of metals started, etc.

But the length of peoples lives did began to decreased after, so by the time of Abraham, I believe he only lived 175 yrs a "good old age" (Gen 25:08), Isaac lived for 180 yrs., Joseph died at 110 years old, Moses was 120 years old when he died. By the time of King David, he died at age 69-70 and that was said to be "a good old age, full of days" (1Ch 29:28).

Anyway what I'm trying to say is it seems that God created Adam and his generation to bring about many advances and sophistication into the worlds. So maybe as Adam was raising up children and teaching them what he knew and for some generations God provided more years to their lives for this knowledge to be put into use.

Just some thoughts from a different perspective.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:50:05 PM by Kat »

hiratnz

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »

Why they lived longer no it was there clocks sun dial they missed some days specially when the sun was hid in clouds and of cause night time   :) 

gmik

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »

the chart is interesting:

so for 127 years the population grew by 1 billion (1800-1927)

BUT from 1999-2011 it grew a billion....

wow...that is scarey??/  interesting???  amazing thats what!!!  How much longer can we sustain that continued growth? 

About Adam and life expectancy:  I heard on Dr. Oz or somewhere that it takes 8 generations of lab rats to develop poorer health and shorter lifespans when taking a healthy rat and slowly taking away healthy food/air etc...don't know how 8 generations in rat life corresponds to humans but i found that interesting.so I have done a lifestyle change..since I have started taking food supplements and limiting carbs and getting more protein I have lost 66 pounds and the doc isn't trying to replace my knees!!

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »

Out of the 7 billion, 3.5 billion of those need to do us all a favor and profect the art of Seppuku.

Longhorn

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 02:48:28 AM »

congrats gena on your lifestyle changes.  i am proud of you.  it is surely interesting how mankind has grown in leaps and bounds, especially in the last decade or so.  but knowing God has His finger on all of it is reassuring.

claudia

gmik

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

thanks claudia

I have tried to put up a pic on here but to no avail!   :D

acomplishedartis

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:50 AM »

Seven million people!

wow,

I don't like to generalize people along with cultures and preconceived faqs,   but, there is one thing that I can generalize on most of the humans that are part of this incredible statistic; Man's heart is weak.

Can you imagine all this sea of weak hearts (some weaker than others) living all around just trying to fulfil the stronger desires coming out of them!

this is a scary World in did.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:18:30 AM by Moises »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.