bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Receiving the Kingdom  (Read 4848 times)

SDDiver

Receiving the Kingdom
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »

I read this scripture today and it brought up a question for me.

Heb 12:28-29: Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Who will receive this kingdom? What does receive mean in this context? I realize that only God’s elect will rule it with Jesus, which likely won't include me. So after the resurrection and purification of everyone else (including me, wahoo), will everyone be in this kingdom? Can you actually be “in it”? If it’s spiritual, isn’t it rather somehow in us?

Ok. Not one question but several questions.

mharrell08

Re: Receiving the Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »

I read this scripture today and it brought up a question for me.

Heb 12:28-29: Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Who will receive this kingdom? What does receive mean in this context? I realize that only God’s elect will rule it with Jesus, which likely won't include me. So after the resurrection and purification of everyone else (including me, wahoo), will everyone be in this kingdom? Can you actually be “in it”? If it’s spiritual, isn’t it rather somehow in us?

Ok. Not one question but several questions.

It's symbolism, the same as God being a fire. God is like fire in certain ways. Look under the heading 'Keeping the Simple, Simple' (http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html).

Jesus is said to be 'King of Kings'. And every King has a Kingdom. If we abide with the King (abide in me...John 15:4) and He abides in us (and I in you...John 15:4), then naturally, we will be IN the Kingdom. Our hope and glory lies with Christ IN us...all the symbolism in the scriptures points to that one truth.

Hope this helps,

Marques

River

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

Nice response. Thanks for that.

SDDiver

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »

Yes, thank you. Christ IN us. Eventually this will hold true of everyone, or am I totally wrong on this one?

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

Yes, thank you. Christ IN us. Eventually this will hold true of everyone, or am I totally wrong on this one?

Yes, this is true for everyone.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 02:40:21 AM »

i understand it as the elect will automatically be in Christ's Kingdom, as heirs with Christ. and everyone else will be brought into the kingdom, after they have gone through the lake of fire. something like that.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.