bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glory to God!  (Read 3511 times)

JohnMichael

Glory to God!
« on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »

Hi Brothers & Sisters,

I just wanted to share some good news. Some of you will recall the relationship that I was in. While I wanted out of it because it was a sinful relationship, it felt like a spider's web - the more one thrashes, the more entangled one becomes.

About 3 weeks ago, God laid a very strong and intense conviction on my heart that "Now is the time." From the relative point of view, it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life because it felt like I was being asked to cut out my own heart. HOWEVER... God provided what I needed to obey Him, and I am RELATIONSHIP FREE!!!!!!

For three weeks, the other person would try to talk me back into bondage, but thankfully, God was merciful, and He kept a tight grip on me. The final goodbyes were said yesterday as the person finally gave up.

These past few weeks have not been without those times where the flesh lashes out. There were days that were emotional roller coasters. There was a lot that obeying God required giving up - things I had become accustomed to. This has definitely been a walk of faith, AND God has been faithful and true every step of way.

I am so happy to finally, FINALLY, be free of this relationship. God is awesome!

In Him,
John

Ninny

Re: Glory to God!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »

Hi John..The hardest thing we do sometimes is giving up what we want..letting go..but we have to know that God has something better just waiting for the time when we give in to His control..Walking a path that isn't always easy, but always the best when God is the guide..Rest in knowing that God has your very best interest and your whole life in His hands... Stay on the path and I promise you that God will give you everything you need to make it!

I'll pray that God gives you the most amazing peace you've ever experienced..because of obedience!
Hang in there!
Kathy  ;)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »

I know we talked earlier about this John and I'm so happy for you and very proud of you!!  I know what a struggle this has been for you and of course we give the glory to God because these things can't be overcome in our own strength.  God bless and may he continue to direct your steps.

DougE6

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:25:04 AM »

Wow

I consider this post one of the major milestones I have read on this Forum.  Obedience is more important than knowledge. Righteousness is a fruit of the Spirit. This sounds like deep heart surgery that accomplishes a great work. This sounds like the work of God.  This is heart issues.  Please Father, continue to give John the strength and more importantly, your love to keep Him from falling. Draw Him ever nearer to yourself.

John I find your willingness to post this inspirational. I have had to let go a relationship myself that was wrong, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done.

I so pray for you that God will continue to work with you as He so obviously is. The hardest things we give up for His sake, for righteousness sake, will reap wonderful praise and glory for you someday, if you can persevere to the end.

thanks for writing this

Doug

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »

ditto doug.  :)

let me know when i can drive to s.a. again john.

all His love to you dear brother.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.