bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My leg surgery/question  (Read 6295 times)

Duane

My leg surgery/question
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »

Thank You all for praying for my vein surgery on my leg.  Many of you have been following my saga on face book (we now have 144 B-t'ers
on face book!)  I will be sore for a couple of days and have to have my whole leg totally wrapped in ace bandages but it could be worse, as I feel very little discomfort considering the intrusiveness of the operation.
Thank you Craig, for getting my FORUM account straightened out.
Also, I was wondering--am I the first one to call us "B-T'ers" when referring to us collectively?  I have seen "truther's" but not B-T'ers.  Just wondering.
Can anyone think of a better monicker than "B-T'ers"  (I hope not) :-8

JohnMichael

Re: My leg surgery/question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36:59 AM »

Can anyone think of a better monicker than "B-T'ers"  (I hope not) :-8

Family :)

I'm glad to hear you're doing better, Duane. May God bless you with a speedy and total recovery.

In Him,
John

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »

Duane,

I wrote you an email not so long ago,

sorry, there still some like me around here that prefer to don't use fb, (I like it here better...)

I hope all your surgery trial will get the expeted results, I am glad you are back in the forum

Moises

gmik

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »

Get well soon!!

I check out the FB page periodically...I am glad that God's truth is getting out!

Duane

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »

Gina---lets get with the program!  A lot of exciting things are happening on face book and the WORD is getting out.  My sister's aren't too happy about me being a 'facebook preacher' especially as I am unabashedly promoting the Biblical beliefs of B-T and B-T'ers.
As facebook doesn't have moderators, there are enough old B-T'ers on there that I feel confident that if I get "off base" in presenting the beliefs, someone would jump in and correct me.  I make sure that it is clear that my views- are MY VIEWS- as I have no right OR permission to represent L. Ray Smith's web-site.
Please JOIN us!
P.S. I would be happy if a moderator DID oversee facebook entries--as facebook is 144 B-T'ers strong and growing!

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »

duane, i hope your leg will heal quickly and that you regain strength and stamina in it.  i am sure your betty will take good care of you.

also, i loved john michael's moniker for those who frequent the bible-truths website and forum.  family.  :)

claudia

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »

Duane,

I'm on FB but not very understanding of how it works.
One problem is that messages are not in sequence when I look.
I will get a notification on my email and when I open it there are
several responses missing since the last time I logged on.
I like gmail or Yahoo mail better, but I suppose that's because I am accustomed to it.
How would I find your FB page if I was looking?
Thanks, Bob
bob.breyfogle@gmail.com

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »

Duane! I'm glad your surgery went OK! I hope you recover really quickly! I think "family" is the best name for us! We have been through a lot together here on the forum and we come to each others' side with prayer and support and that's what a family does!

I try not to preach too much on Facebook because I have many friends and family who don't even know what I believe, except they know if they need prayer I'll be there to love them and pray.. The only thing God expects from us is to love people..that's the best preaching we can do! I have posted the words to a little kids song I used to sing with the kids when I was in church before, but it holds true for each one of us!

"Do you know, O Christian,  you're a sermon in shoes?! So walk it, and talk it, and live it, and give it...a Sermon in Shoes!"  My life needs to say a LOT more than my mouth does! and believe me for me...my life needs to say a lot because my mouth is hardly ever quiet!! ;) But if you LIVE the love that God puts in you then you don't have to argue about scripture..you don't have to say much unless you are just compelled to! Sometimes God puts things in our hearts that HAVE to be said...but mostly we just ARE and God can take care of the rest!!  :D

Was I just preaching?? Sorry!!  :-X

Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 12:29:27 AM »

The only thing God expects from us is to love people..that's the best preaching we can do!

ninny, that pretty much sums it up!   thanks for sharing.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 11:24:33 AM »

Claudia... :D

Duane, I forgot to say..Why would you want our moderators here to watch over what we say on facebook?? Don't they have ENOUGH to do to keep things sane here??  They never want to be our personal babysitters! They are not the Gestapo! They have personal lives, too! Well...maybe not Deputy Fife...he pretty much walks these halls making sure he keeps his gun shiny and if there is something that looks wrong he just "nips it in the bud"!! hehe!! Just kidding, Craig! You know we love ya!

gmik

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »

lol....claudia that is spot on...luv ya Dep. Fyffe!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »

Why does the people whom met here and then meet on fb prefer to use fb more than this forum?  Just to see more pictures? 

(please don't take it as something offensive. I am just wondering)

I wonder how many people here in the forum have come to learn and appreciate this truths through fb?

I am not saying... I just saying. ha

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »

duane, not to hijack your thread, but to answer moises' question about, why some forum members prefer fb over the bt forum. 

i don't think it is necessarily a preferring of one social website over the other.  the forum members i see on facebook generally just carry a discussion on any particular Truth or understanding further than they might on the bt forum, because whatever subject is being discussed might not have been outlined in any of ray's writings.

i could be wrong.  but that is how i see it.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 02:08:37 AM »

oh, ok...

I can verily cope with my email, my researches and studies and with trying to come more to this forum. I don't think I could take fb.
(plus I am not a big fan of the site itself -personal reasons*)

Claudia and Duane, I am glad you guys keep coming back here. I come and go by seasons, sometimes it takes me longer but eventually, I am always back in track. Even when I don't post as much as I would want too.

Duane

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »

Moises...sometimes I don't know WHY I do WHAT I do--I just enjoy the various outlets,
I have met and "friended" many B-T friends that I would have never known existed-- if it wasn't for "Friends of Ray" on facebook.
Also, alot of "gab topics" wouldn't really have a "home" on the Forum.  New inquiries would think we were "losing it"--on Facebook--they all ready know!!
I do regret some of the wasted hours "gabbing" when I SHOULD BE studying more topics.
I will start budgeting my time , now that my "new toy" (facebook) is settling in a "place".
Glad to hear from ALL of you, no ,matter where!

I.m leaving for V.A. now for x-rays to see if I have developed any more kidney stones or if any more need removing!
I value your prayers!

gmik

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:04:56 PM »

Praying.....

Duane

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »

I won't know the results for a while--thnx for praying!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.