bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some advice.  (Read 4964 times)

Foxx

I need some advice.
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »

OK, so I was talking to my friend about a number of the issues that I have come to believe or not believe for that matter. And she doesn't particularly agree with them but she wonders why I don't go to a church now. And I told her because I don't want to go to a place where I didn't feel called to and besides most churches are going to disagree with my way of thinking. It would be difficult for me to just sit there and listen to the folly of their teaching.

So, essentially she brought up how we are supposed to not be alone in our walk and that since I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior then the details of that are, for the most part, inconsequential. I should go to church not for myself but for others so I can show God's love and do good for other people. She said,

" I don't go to church for myself or because I want to follow or do things the way they do, I tell them I'm going to do whats good and right. To do what God asks of me and if they don't like that then that is just politics of man but not of God. If I do what is right then they can bring no charge against me. So that's what I am saying to you. Jesus, Paul and the apostles spoke to people for years that didn't like what they had to say but they still served and loved others every chance they got and, as believers, we are called to serve."

Admittedly, this is one argument I didn't have much of a reason for other than I said that I would pray about it. I've come to see you all as my "church body" so to speak although I know I can't particularly serve others via a forum other than discussion of we likewise believe in together, which I am not discounting by the way, I find it to be great and useful.

My question is this, Is she right? I just want the forums advice since I'm having issue with this. Thanks guys

-Matthew

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: I need some advice.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Hi Matthew;

Some who are mature in their beliefs and who have come out of the Babylonian system of organized Christianity might indeed be called by God to go as his witnesses into these corrupt organizations.  However for those who are newer in understanding these truths you need to be careful in order not to be recontaminated with the teachings of this present 'church' system.  We've been called out from Babylon to be separate from them.  Not that we are any better than they are but when God gives us knowledge of his truths we have to so something with that knowledge and one of the hardest things to do is to walk away from that which we once were a part of.  I'm sure that others will have more wisdom for you.

Doug

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

Hi Matthew,

We are only alone if we close ourselves off from everybody we know. We all have family, friends and acquaintances that we enteract with everyday, we should continue to have much joy with the people we love. There is no reason to think we can not 'help' those we know come to see this truth, if we are tactful we can share it without their even knowing it. We can show love with a smile, just as we can by giving a neighbor a helping hand with a chore or a burger to the homeless guy. But yes having a like minded person to discuss these truths with is quite hard to come by, thank goodness for this forum.

Jesus, Paul and the apostles spoke to people for years that didn't like what they had to say but they still served and loved others every chance they got and, as believers, we are called to serve."

But what your friend said there is the way we all should be trying to live our lives all day every day, not just at church. We do not need to go to a church to do good, where we do not agree with the theology.  We should be practising this in our daily walk as we are presented with many opportunities to serve our fellow man.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JohnMichael

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

Hi Matthew,

Your friend is referring to the verse in Hebrews where it states:

Heb 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The "churches" teach that this means you are required by Scripture to go to church. They are lying. That is another one of "man's doctrines," otherwise called a "doctrine of devils" by Scripture.

Christ Himself stated:

Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

What are we doing when we post encouragement and request prayer on the forums?

Paul provided a witness against what the "churches" teach:

Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

In fact, Christ calls the "churches" the synagogue of Satan and the Whore of Babylon!

Rev 2:9  I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. (Rev 3:9 as well)

Rev 18:4  Then I heard another voice from Heaven, which said, "Come out of her, My people, that you may not become partakers in her sins, nor receive a share of her plagues.
Rev 18:5  For her sins are piled up to the sky, and God has called to mind her unrighteous deeds.
Rev 18:6  Give back to her as she has given; repay her in accordance with her doings, twice as much; in the bowl that she has mixed, mix twice as much for her.
Rev 18:7  She has freely glorified herself and revelled in luxury; equally freely administer torment to her, and woe. For in her heart she boasts, saying, 'I sit enthroned as Queen: no widow am I: I shall never know sorrow.'
Rev 18:8  "For this reason calamities shall come thick upon her on a single day--death and sorrow and famine--and she shall be burned to the ground. For strong is the Lord God who has judged her.

That doesn't sound like a place one wants to be in.

Here's part of Ray's paper on the Synagogue of Satan (http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html)

--------------------------------------------------

THE THRONE AND SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN LOCATED

I have a nice laminated chart of the Seven Churches of Revelation that I bought at a Bible Book Store. On this chart each Church is identified and followed by four categories:

(1) Strengths, (2) Faults, (3) Instruction, and (4) Promises. There are two boxes that have the word "NONE" written in them. They are: Faults of the Church of Smyrna—"NONE" and Faults of the Church of Philadelphia—"NONE." This chart is wrong.

The truth is that Smyrna and Philadelphia each had the same giant spiritual weaknesses. And what is true for one and two is also true for all. They all had this spiritual sin in their congregations. Let’s notice what spiritual sin IS, and also WAS in the Church at the time John wrote this prophecy, and which therefore is yet TO COME in future generations of the Church.

SMYRNA: "…I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN" (Rev. 2:9.)

PHILADELPHIA: "Behold, I will make them of THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN, which say they are Jews and are not" (Rev. 3:9.)

I had a Klu Klux Klan member write me saying that this means there are people claiming to be of the Jewish race, but are not of the Jewish race. Ridiculous nonsense. The Book of Revelation is spiritual and symbolic. This is not speaking of literal people claiming to be literal Jews of the literal tribe of Judah. Besides, what "spiritual" lesson would there be in such a statement in the first place? No, these are people who claim that they are Jews, but what kind of "Jews?" Why, "spiritual Jews," of course! Who is a "spiritual Jew?" Let the Scriptures answer:

"But he is a Jew [who is born of the Tribe of Judah? Who practices the religion of Judaism?…], which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men but of God" (Rom. 2:29.)

Well, if according to the Scriptures, a real Jew is one who is a Jew "inwardly," then who is a person who practices Judaism and is literally of the Tribe of Judah? Again, let’s have the Scriptures tell us:

"For he is NOT a Jew, which is one outwardly [one who is physically circumcised the eighth day, one who physically practices Judaism, and one who is physically from the tribe of Judah, and who may even physically live in Jerusalem, Israel], neither is that circumcision, which is outward [made by the cutting off of physical flesh with a physical knife] in the flesh" (Rom. 2:28.)

Remember in previous lessons how we learned that it is only by matching spiritual with spiritual that we can understand God’s Word? God’s "WORD"! Jesus Christ is "The Word" of God (John 1:1.) And Jesus Christ said that the WORDS that He spoke were "spirit." The book of Revelation is the "Testimony of Jesus Christ." The book of Revelation is, therefore, also spiritual. These people in the Church of Smyrna and Philadelphia claimed to be spiritual Jews, who are —spiritually converted. Anyone and everyone who is spiritually converted to Jesus Christ is a spiritual Jew. Paul tells the Gentile Galatians that they are the children of the promise made for the Jews through Abraham. Even Jesus tells us that the children of the kingdom (the literal line of physical Israel) will be cast out and the Gentiles from the east and the west will sit in their place in the kingdom of God (Matt. 8:10-11.)

These people in the Churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia lied. They claimed to be spiritually converted (for that is what God’s definition of "a Jew" really is.) And a natural man or woman from the natural physical tribe of Judah is not a real Jew at all. The derivation of the name "Jew" comes from yadah and it means, "to give thanks, laud, praise." But the natural [carnal] Jew CANNOT give thanks, laud, or praise to God because,

"Because the carnal mind [the natural physical mind of every Jew from birth, and certainly Gentiles as well] is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be [or is able]" (Rom. 8:7.)

When will we begin to understand that the teachings of the New Testament are not carnal, not physical of the flesh? We are to come out of carnality and be converted, and become spiritual Jews, a people who truly worship (give thanks, laud, and praise) God IN SPIRIT.

So if one has religion, but is not converted, what is he? The Scriptures plainly tell us that he is a member of "THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN."

-------------------------------------------------

John tells us that Satan has a "synagogue." Synagogue means "a gathering together, an assembly, a congregation." This should not sound strange to our ears, seeing that we have already learned from Paul’s writings:

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed as into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the minister of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their work."

And so Satan has "false apostles," and "ministers of righteousness." Where then would we expect these false apostles and ministers of righteousness that belong to Satan, to reside? Why in "The synagogue of Satan," of course! And what do Satan’s ministers do that enables them to "deceive the whole world?" Paul again tells us:

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders."

And just where might we find such a "synagogue of Satan, with false apostles, and false ministers of righteousness, witnessing to the world with power, and signs and lying wonders?"

Certainly not in some macabre-looking, haunted-house structure with a giant marquee out front reading: "COME AND WORSHIP WITH SATAN AND HIS DEMONS"!

WHERE IS THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN?

The synagogue of Satan is located in the churches—in The Church!

"…you have tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars" (Rev. 2:2.)

Where did the Ephesians try those false, lying, apostles? In some pagan temple or church down the street, or across town, or in some foreign land? Or maybe in the pagan religion of the Roman occupation? No, in the Church. Jesus Christ says:

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write… thou have tried them which say they are apostles [in the church of Ephesus], and are not" (Rev. 2:1a & 2b.)

Where did Jesus know these lying apostles? Why, in the Church, of course. Of what consequence would "lying apostles" of some pagan religion be to the churches of God in Asia?

And where did Jesus say the synagogue of Satan is located? Same place—in the Church:

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write… I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews [in the Smyrna church], and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan… And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write… I will make them of the synagogue of Satan [in the Philadelphia church], and are not but do lie…" (Rev. 2:8 & 9; 3:7 & 9.)

---------------------------------------------------------

THE THRONE OF SATAN THE DEVIL ALSO LOCATED

Now then, as the false apostles, and lying Jews, and synagogue of Satan are all located in the Church, where do you suppose we would find Satan’s throne, and Satan’s dwelling place to be located? Yes, that’s right: In the Church. Here is the Scriptural proof found in the messages to the church at Smyrna and Pergamos:

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison…" (Rev. 2:10.)

"I know your works and where you dwell, even where [the same place where] Satan’s seat [Greek: throne] is… were Satan [also] dwells" (Rev. 2:13.)

Satan cannot imprison members of the Church unless Satan is in the Church. His throne is in the Church. His dwelling place is in the Church. His synagogue is in the Church.

And think not that Satan merely makes an occasional visit to the Church. No, Satan is permanently in the Church until God removes him. The Greek word from which the translators give us "dwelleth" in the KJV is kataoideo, and its meaning is: "To house permanently" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 136.) Satan not only has his false apostles in the Church, and his congregation of unconverted lying Jews in the Church, and his synagogue in the Church, and his very throne in the Church, but Satan himself dwells permanently in the Church.

------------------------------------------

Hope this helps :)

In Him,
John

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »

My question is this, Is she right?

Hi Matthew,

Your friend is presently blind to the things you have come to see spiritually, therefore, her lack of understanding causes her to say things that are not correct from a "spiritually mature" level. 

As Kathy mentioned, we have many opportunities in our daily lives to "do the right thing" when dealing with others.  This will assuredly produce good works. :)

René

Foxx

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »

thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate it. It has been very helpful
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.