bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Father having surgery  (Read 5007 times)

lauriellen

Father having surgery
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »

I would like to ask anyone who is willing to pray for my father. He has been battling cancer for about 5 years and not doing well. A year ago he had his bladder removed. Since he has had several life threatening infections and now one of his kidneys have failed. He will be having surgery in the morning to have it removed. He has lost about 40 lbs and is very weak and in alot of pain. He is a terrible patient and gets ugly with the nurses/staff, ect. I just pray for Gods will to be done and to give the family the strength/patience/peace to endure whatever God has determined must be. Thanks, lauriellen

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Father having surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »

I just pray for Gods will to be done and to give the family the strength/patience/peace to endure whatever God has determined must be. Thanks, lauriellen

Amen
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »

I am sorry he (and you and your family) have to go thru this time.  How old is he?  Not that that matters I was just curious as my 83 yr old father finished chemo in Feb and is doing pretty well.  Will be praying when I pray for my dad.  Thanks for sharing.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:58 AM »

ready, willing, and able to pray for your dad lauriellen.  also for yourself, your family, and the nurses/staff.

claudia

Nan

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »

I will pray for your father and for you and your family. 

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers....my dad (who is 75 years old) made it thru the surgery to remove his kidney and is in recovery...so that is good news...Lord help the nurses & staff when he wakes up...(LOL)....the first thing he will be cussing for is his cigarettes....=/  so sad that we can be a slave to something that has brought us so much misery...but even after the doctors telling him that his cigarettes are the reason he is in the shape he is in, he refuses to believe it.....=(

santikos

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

i pray he recovers very well.

Nan

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

Thanks for the updated on your father. I will continue in my prayers.

Samson

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers....my dad (who is 75 years old) made it thru the surgery to remove his kidney and is in recovery...so that is good news...Lord help the nurses & staff when he wakes up...(LOL)....the first thing he will be cussing for is his cigarettes....=/  so sad that we can be a slave to something that has brought us so much misery...but even after the doctors telling him that his cigarettes are the reason he is in the shape he is in, he refuses to believe it.....=(

Glad to hear that your Father made it through, Cigarettes are a most difficult addiction to overcome. You've got to develop a hatred for them and only God through CAUSES can remove the desire. I quit twice for seven years, but still smoke. Never inhaled and I'm able to exercise without getting winded, but admittedly, don't hate the practice, sorry to say, but the hard facts, no less. Never smoke indoors, only outside. Don't Drink alcohol, not because it's wrong or right, just don't have any desire, it makes Me tired & weak, also witnessed how it affected My Dad's Character, not a pretty sight. Don't know of any surefire solution or causes towards quitting cigarettes. Actually, don't want to quit and return to it again, in fear of the Monster I become and getting depressed, especially in Winter.

I Pray for your Dad Laurie, Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.