bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will again!!  (Read 4285 times)

gmik

Free Will again!!
« on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

Having lunch w/ some gals and before I know it 6 women talking at once!!!  Five for Free Will-one(me)against!!

What was I thinking???

Soooo.....I sent them an email of...wait for it....Ray's teaching on it-about 5 paragraphs worth!  Very simple and direct-only a fool woulnd't get it ...right????

So far 2 have responded w/ "blah blah...so I CHOOSE TO NOT believe that"....so now I am ticked!  What am I hanging around idiots for???

Now, I guess, my feelings are hurt and I don't want to hang around them anymore!  ha..I am hoping none of the others will respond.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but I get tired of letting what they say go and they can just assume I believe like them.
They would freak if I told them there was no hell!  ha

I am just venting..thanks for listening!

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Free Will again!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:27:27 PM »

Remember that at one time you probably believed in free will as well.  People are blind and can't see even if they wanted to see the truth.  God has to remove the blinders or they will continue to remain blind.  Even when we read the teachings here if God doesn't remove the scales from our eyes we'll never see the truth.  I know it's aggravating when you try to share things with people and they don't even consider what your saying but reject it outright but we've got to expect it.  Reminds me of what Christ said metaphorically here;

Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

They turned around and gave you a big shove for good measure.   ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »

They DID choose not to believe it.  Can't be mad at people for telling the truth.   :D 

Well, maybe THEY can.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Foxx

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »

You shouldn't have your feelings be hurt by them not agreeing with you. It's not skin off your back to tell them what you have learned. Although, sending ray's articles are not nearly as good as learning for yourself how to defend what you believe. Essentially people make all the same arguments against the free will thing and God's sovereignty, etc. Its all the same thing. One you realize that its actually not all that difficult to defend yourself, although I will admit it is difficult to do it with making people upset. When someone contradicts themselves in their argument I'm usually pretty sensitive to it...especially if its a friend or family member. I try not to be like "SEE YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF RIGHT NOW! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!" Kind of how Ray does in his email responses, haha!  Ray is brutally honest, he throws the truth in people's faces in an unapologetic manner. Which is great for those who you aren't particularly close to I suppose.

At any rate. I just had a discussion for an hour about God's control this morning with my Dad. He will use many of the same cliche arguments that most use to justify us being the ones with the control but I had to be nice about it. People wonder when you trust in God completely and say everything that happens is for good no matter how we may perceive it as being bad. Ultimately it works for God's good pleasure...they don't like that.

gmik

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 11:56:22 AM »

OK, several days have passed so I should be over the anger/hurt feelings by now.  My flesh just doesn't want to let go-I have to get over this before I am to see them again by Tues. nite or decide I am done w/ them. 8)

I am glad God doesn't treat us this way.  He loves us- faults and all.  Why is it so hard for me to Love Others??  That is the greatest commandment isn't it?

I think all of the worlds' religions boil down to:  Be Nice to Others!!

When my pity party is done I will ask God to help me Be Nice to the gals. :D

Thanks all for listening!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.