bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: could use a prayer  (Read 3767 times)

steven

could use a prayer
« on: July 14, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »

I'm a paralyzed person who could use a little healing and financial prayer because I and my family
are going through a very difficult time right now
Thank you and GOD BLESS

ned

Re: could use a prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

Hi Steven.

I don't know your situation but am drawn to quote from the book of Job.

Job 6:1-9 "If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales! It would surely outweigh the sand of the seas--no wonder my words have ben impetuous. The arrows of the Almighty are in me, my spirit drinks in their poison; God's terrors are marshaled against me. Does a wild donkey bray when it has grass, or an ox bellow when it has fodder? Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the white of an egg? I refuse to touch it, such food  makes me ill. Oh, that I might have my request, that God would grant what I hope for, that God would be willing to crush me to let loose his hand and cut me off!"

Then God replies,
Job 40:9-12 "Do you have an arm like God's, and can your voice thunder like this? Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor, and clothe yourself in honor and majesty. Unleash the fury of your wrath, look at every proud man and bring him low, look at every proud man and humble him, crush the wicked where they stand."

May you and your family lean completely on the Lord and come to know his perfect will for you.

With a prayer,
Marie

orion77

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:01:06 AM »

Hello Steven,

Welcome to the forum, I have a brother in law, that is paralysed from the waist down, from the Vietnam War.  It was a long and hard walk for him, to get right with God.  I can only speculate, since I have legs that work, yet he is no different than I, truth is, he knows more than I can only imagine.  Your thoughts are in my prayers, brother.

God bless,

Gary

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:16:51 PM »

Steven-
We struggle, we wait, we suffer....still we cry; "Abba, Father!" because we KNOW that we are His! I know that you know this...and I will pray with you and your family, Steven! joyful1
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:19:32 PM by joyful1 »

mannonthecross

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »

Dear Steven,

We empathize with you & your current financial position. We have been there. Although you do not mention if your need for prayer for healing is physical or spiritual, our Father knows your need; & we as your brother & sister, in Christ, stand in the gap with you & agree with you in prayer His wll be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Financially, as I mentioned above, we have been there. We had accumulated many material things, built up a thriving business, in our own strength (or so we so arrogantly proclaimed). Then one day, Father put His great finger on these things & said "Give them to Me". And so we did. As my husband now says, only half jokingly, "I never thought that He would really take them."  :D I want to tell you, we "lost" everything, according to the world's standard. House, property, income property,fancy cars, even went through bankruptcy (very, very humbling) etc. But with that also came peace in knowiing that He would ALWAYS take care of our needs (& actually quite a few of our wants, as well). It is training for reigning (with Him). It pulls us out of the world's system. It is written, "We are to be in this world, but not of it".

Sure, we would love to have our "dream house" back, in a NY minute. However, that is NOT God's will for us, at this time. We now live in a small one bedroom apartment (where we started out 36yrs ago & which I lovingly call a shoebox), & we are at peace with that. Why? Because it is God's will for us! His ways are not our ways. We no longer have a thriving business in a prime location. Instead, we are now working out of our garage. But in that, we no longer are a slave to the 10-14hrs. per day,that we put in the previous 20 years. We now have the time to study His Word & grow in our relationship with Him, & be about His business! It is ALL of God & God is good, ALL the time. Are all days filled with Kumbayah? No! But as we embrace each struggle, we know that our flesh is being burned & we are becoming more like Him.  

Be encouraged by the following verse of Scripture. Even though this is the Scripture that is so often regurgitated when someone is in a difficult situation, that in no way diminishes the power of God's written & spoken word!

Phi 4:6  In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Also, it is imperative that you gird yourself up with the armor of God from

Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world–rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take up the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints,

Let this poem be an encouragement to you, as it was to us several years ago.

I AM A SOLDIER (Author Unknown)

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, of the army of my God.
The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer.
The Holy bible is my code of conduct.
Faith, prayer & the Word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity, & tested by fire.

If my God chooses to use me, I am there.
I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. I am not a baby.
I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior.
No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. I am not a wimp.
I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name, & building His Kingdom!

No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy, or give me handouts.
I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to.

I am committed.
I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around.
I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.
I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.

When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing.
If I end with nothing, I will still come out even.
I will win. My God will supply all my needs.
I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph.
I can do all things through Christ.

Devils cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me.
Weather cannot weary me. Sickness cannot stop me.
Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me.

Even death cannot destroy me.
For when my Commander calls me from this battlefield,
He will promote me to a captain & then bring me back to rule this world with Him.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, marching Heaven-bound. here I stand!
Will you stand with me?

Peace To You,
Tom & Marianne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.