bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: More "free-will" questions.  (Read 10714 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: More "free-will" questions.
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

Great catch Dave! Thanks.

I see repentance in the same light as maturity. Non of us can repent, through self determination. Likewise no one can grow up through self will.

That we repent in increments, as Ray expounds, for me,  is like us growing in small increments also.

No one gets to suddenly become mature which Ray defines as being ...a way to act that is more beneficial to yourself and others than a child would act.

In so learning to love your neighbor as your self, you forgive as you are forgiven, which is extremely beneficial to oneself!

This doesn't mean that the process through which we are brought to salvation, is a walk in the park. We all know it is not! 

Arc

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »

Question:  If I looks at a women and I say to my friend in that split second, Man I like to blank her. The moment is over and then forgotten as quickly as it came out of my mouth. knowing that it would never happen anyway did I have real lust in my heart. Did I sin. I guess my question is what is the meaning of  lusting at someone. are the words lusting at, and lusting for have different meanings and does both words come out of my heart.

Darren

Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

Ain't calling you a viper darren, just showing you what Christ said about the way in which we speak.

God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »

In so learning to love your neighbor as your self, you forgive as you are forgiven, which is extremely beneficial to oneself!

i bolded and underlined the statement from deborah's post because it is something i have been struggling with.  especially the underlined part, "as your self".  i am learning that i have been loving myself as i would my neighbor.  i am always criticizing myself for one reason or another, and generally feel i have a lack of respect for myself because of this or that.  this is definitely an area i feel my Father is showing me.  i cannot truly love my neighbor as myself, if i do not love myself.  thank you arc for following the spiritual urge to post the words i needed to hear.

claudia

claudia

Gina

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »

Very insightful, Claudia!  Thank you for that gem.

River

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 07:24:17 AM »

Question:  If I looks at a women and I say to my friend in that split second, Man I like to blank her. The moment is over and then forgotten as quickly as it came out of my mouth. knowing that it would never happen anyway did I have real lust in my heart. Did I sin. I guess my question is what is the meaning of  lusting at someone. are the words lusting at, and lusting for have different meanings and does both words come out of my heart.

Darren

Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

Ain't calling you a viper darren, just showing you what Christ said about the way in which we speak.

God bless,

Alex
James 3:10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

But yet it is! Why do we spend so much time trying to define sin when we do sin? Who among us will be any less of sin by quoting scripture or trying harder not to sin? A man is a slave to these things. The Christian church has for so long tried to act above sin but yet lays right in sin and the whole world sees it and knows it and this is why they scoff at it. We don't have to like that we are filthy rags but we shouldn't deny that we are. Just the way it is.

Gina

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »

We aren't filthy rags. haha!  Righteous acts performed by those yet in Baby-land -- those are the filthy rags.  Geez!!  haha!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.