bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever expanding family of God  (Read 10106 times)

gallenwalsh

Ever expanding family of God
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

In what sense will the family be expanding, in personal growth or in numbers? Why is the universe empty? Why are planets uninhabitable? Any Ideas?What is the universe here for? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to create an entire Universe if it is going to go away.From what I gather it is still expanding, who is doing that ?

cheekie3

Re: Ever expanding family of God
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »

gallenwalsh -

I do not believe anyone one fully knows the reasons for the vastness of the universe; but the following I believe are Scripturally True:

1. The Universe shows the enormity of God; and the detail in every aspect of His Creation.
2. The Universe shows the Wonders and Beauty of God; and the enormous Love and Patience He has for His Children (both Spiritual and Mankind).
3. Mankind's ability to think, create, understand the ways of some of the workings of Life and Universe prove that this was all Designed by our Creator Father.

Regards, George.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:42 PM »

The Universe is not empty, nor does God create things out of NOTHING.

Ref LOF 2

Arc

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »

In what sense will the family be expanding, in personal growth or in numbers? Why is the universe empty? Why are planets uninhabitable? Any Ideas?What is the universe here for? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to create an entire Universe if it is going to go away.From what I gather it is still expanding, who is doing that ?

In the scriptures we are told that God is doing the expanding.

Psalm 104:2 "Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:"

The word "stretchest out" is actually in the areoistic tense. Sorry can't remember how to spell that but basically what that means is that He is STRETCHING out the heavens, currently and presently, not that He stretched out the heavens at one point and stopped. This is exactly what science thousands of years later learned, that the universe is still expanding.

God tells us He used a blast to created our world, the foundations of it. The universe.

Psalm 18:15 "Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils."

Big bang sound familiar?

As to why the entire universe exists as it does, as in it's vastness and ever expanding nature, I suppose only the Lord can know but George did give a very beautiful opinion. Perhaps it is to demonstrate to us the vastness that is God, to give us a sense of how small we truly are in the grand scheme of things. To humble us? Perhaps for us to look up the stars and be in awe at such a creation, to be in awe of such a mighty Father we have. I don't know about you, but when I look at the skies, I'm definitely in awe of it's beauty and I know where that beauty came from :)

Well these are just thoughts of course. We can't know everything I guess and perhaps this is one of those things we can only glean so much out of His word from.

In Christ,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gmik

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:28 AM »

I think everything is in God's plan and purpose...including the universe

I just want to know what it is expanding..in to??? :D

I sort of (now don't throw things at me) think the universe is SO HUGE that there HAS to be some other/same life forms out there--all in the purposes of God of course! :o

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:41:02 AM »

I sort of (now don't throw things at me) think the universe is SO HUGE that there HAS to be some other/same life forms out there--all in the purposes of God of course! :o

(throws tomatoes at gmik!!!) Haha just playing! :P <3

Well if that turns out to be the case, I can't say I'd be surprised! xD
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gmik

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »

(ducking out the way)

I know we will be SURPRISED when we are "All in All"....

but it dawned on me the other day....NOBODY knows ANYTHING!!!!  I mean, not really!  NO ONE (of us mortals) have ever died and come back to tell us about it (except Jesus and we only KNOW that by faith- we accept biblical teachings BY Faith and Rays' teachings too-yep by faith)

uh-oh, tomato missiles incoming....see ya!!

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »

Hi Gallen,

These verses may help further answer your questions.

(WNT)
Rom 1:20  For, from the very creation of the world, His invisible perfections--namely His eternal power and divine nature--have been rendered intelligible and clearly visible by His works, so that these men are without excuse.

(MKJV)
Psa 19:1  ... The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.

Isa 40:22  It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;
Isa 40:23  who brings the rulers to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth as vanity.
Isa 40:24  Yes, they shall not be planted; yes, they shall not be sown. Yes, their stump shall not take root in the earth. And He shall also blow on them, and they shall wither, and the tempest shall take them away like stubble.
Isa 40:25  To whom then will you compare Me, or am I equaled? says the Holy One.
Isa 40:26  Lift up your eyes on high, and behold, who has created these, who brings out their host by number? He calls them all by names by the greatness of His might, for He is strong in power; not one is lacking.

Jer 10:10  But Jehovah is the true God, He is the living God, and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to stand His fury.

Jer 10:12  He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens by His judgment.
Jer 10:13  When He utters His voice, there is a noise of many waters in the heavens. He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings with rain, and brings forth the wind out of His treasures.
Jer 10:14  Every man is stupid for lack of knowledge; every refiner is put to shame by the graven image; for his molten image is a lie, and no breath is in them.
Jer 10:15  They are vanity, the work of delusion; in the time of their judgment they shall perish.

Creation is a testimony to God - all of His works proclaim His character. (to put it simply)

Hope this helps.

In Him,
John

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 03:19:40 AM »

ROFL! Right on track, Gena! LOL!

Which mortal can stuff into itself the entire Cosmic, Universal, Intelligence of Love, Creating Glory of God, into a single celled, divided against the world, separate from God, human ego. Such efforts must be burned out entirely.

Tomatoes don’t do the burn up job either, LOL! ...what a laugh...thanks for your post!

..Z...I...I...N....G.....just missed one! This is REALLY FUN!

Arc

cherokee

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 09:32:39 AM »

I just want to know what it is expanding..in to???

Gena, here is a scripture that answers that question for me, be it right or wrong, it's the only answer I have come up with that makes any sense to me at this point in my life. If anyone has a better answer, I am willing to listen.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »

Hi Gena,

Actually we do have a first hand account of someone (other than Jesus Christ) who did personally experience the heavenly "paradise." It was Paul from whom we get most of the New Testament teachings from.

2Co 12:3  And I know that this man was caught up into paradise--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--
v. 4  and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.
v. 5  On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses.
v. 6  Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me.
v. 7  So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
v. 8  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
v, 9  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

He certainly is a good enough withness for me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »

hahaha Arc...Remember the olden days when more women "controlled" the forum and we put pictures on our posts and talked kids, recipes, etc....fun fun forum for fellowship...oh well

(sorry guys, but the gals know what I mean!)

River

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:29:29 AM »

Speaking of family, I remember wondering ( back in my church years) how in the world were all the people who are supposed to go to heaven going to get along when even small familes can't be at peace under the same roof. Even more confusing was the idea that we were all going to be happy while we could visually see our "lost" family members in hell. What a mess we were taught and all of it was supposed truth!  :o

CEO

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »

Hi

Who says this is the only universe?

Askseekmock
Charles O

gmik

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

Hey, Charles, I have been seeing that alot!!!   Wow...MORE universes????  who da thunk it?

River, that is exactly right! ha...I don't get along w/ myself half the time much less anyone else!!!

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »

Geena,
How I think of it.
Either God has already started with other solar systems in other galaxies in a similar manner or This earth was the first of many more to come.
It really doesn't matter whether we are the first or second or tenth etc. what matters is that there is a plan and that the expansion is planned to go on for the ages to come OR from the ages past.

The only problem I have with my thoughts above is that there can only be ONE God and ONE unique son of God/son of man to a system.
So if there is more than one system or Universe is Lord Jesus then restricted to this planet, under the ONE God?
We did learn that when the plan for earth is completed that Father God will make His home with us here on earth and Lord Jesus will yield his throne to Father God that there may be one all in all.
Thoughts anyone? IndianaBob

1 Corinthians 15:24-28.—"Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule, and all authority and power. For He must reign till He hath put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith, All things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him, that God may be all in all."

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »

Hey, Charles, I have been seeing that alot!!!   Wow...MORE universes????  who da thunk it?

River, that is exactly right! ha...I don't get along w/ myself half the time much less anyone else!!!

You're are on a ROLL Gena!!!!  LOL and BRAVO, ENCORE....standing ovation, nod, nod, nod.... Glad it is only half the time~ :D

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »

Hi indianabob

God is making many sons and daughters.... 2Co 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

That's expansion ~

Arc

longhorn

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »

Space is a crazy place people, you gotta believe me.

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »

"Ground control to Major Tom" ~ ROFL ~  Longhorn put your helmet on! Did you not mean space is crazy people...yeah....

LOL....ROFL...you got me there!

What you smoking man....where's the anti matter the Scientists are searchin' for? It brushed past that blond no one's looking for.

The chap at that table looking up he did see, the dish in the blond head, with no man could be.

Others looking to be laid as the chicken and the egg, didn't see what Ray Smith, has so boldly said.

"Evil has no moral bias", neither does antimatter you see. Such as those in ground control, live in closed circuit TV.

"Evil has no moral bias", does Science agree? Sorry folks, but that is not up to neither you nor to me!

There is nothing wrong with you, and nothing wrong with me. It's  what the Scientists a-looking, are for what inevitably, must be!

Ray's got the key...oh glory march on. Who wrote the song that all must be done, till tittle and jot be written on this plot, the Scientists looking for antimatter will find it not!

Oh what a clot, the damsel so blond. She got the " Thank you", when the Galaxy went by, whilst other folks decided to either, live or to die.

She, being screwed over, more than for once, wasn't looking to be laid, as others lined up to enter their grave.

Neither marry we, when we are set into Heaven, for like angels of God, we don't spread that leaven.

All being One, when its all said and done, that blond on the stage, made her mark in the Grave. As surely as the Bride, to whom the Groom brushed right past, she knew of His touch, their Love was set to last. The only one who thanked her without getting into her pants, was the man who left the stage while others continued to dance.

He thanked her as he went out, and set her heart a quiver, whilst all the other men went dither, hither and thither to get her friends to their dinner!

So up gets the King, at the table so laden, looking right in her eyes where His love was a-smitten.

As He gets up and leaves the table and exits the room, to her he doth whisper...I'll be back soon...I am your groom!  A " Thank you" can say ever so much, a brush past by a King, can mean just as much!

He is the best catch and that's for darn sure! As He left the room, who could ask for more.

Looking past all the men, she looks back at Him and as He leaves the room you don't see Him grin.

Hang in there Gina! He's coming, you know it. You know you're made for HIM....and He's on His way despite all the chagrin.

Hang in there Gina dear, He's coming you know it, and when He's full here, by golly, He'll show it.

This might have got just a bit out of hand ~ but you know from the start, there 's another band.

Ray's got the Light ON...its time to depart. ....missiles are coming to the sound of great laughter....we'll all be together in the here and now after!

Just got a luv ya, Longhorn!

Arc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.