bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The book of life questions.  (Read 7611 times)

Truth96130

The book of life questions.
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:13:46 AM »

The bible says some people were not written in the book of life which implies that some people were written in the book of life at the foundation of the world. Now if God new who would be saved and he wrote there names in the BOL because (he new they would be saved) yet God left some names out of the BOL, that implies some will not be saved because God did not write them in the BOL when he wrote the other names.

What is the BOL? I say it is symbolic for those that belie in Jesus before he returns to earth. Some will not believe before he returns to earth so they are said to not be in the BOL. God new from the foundation of the world those who would not believe before he returned to earth. They are not in the book of life yet but the LOF will teach them righteousness and they will repent and believe in Jesus which time they will be in the book of life. It appears only people that do not have faith in Jesus are not in the book of life. Every one will believe in Jesus eventually so every one will eventually be in the BOL.

Revelation 3:5 says ..and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.. The implies someone can be in the book of life and then be blotted out. So lets say this happens to someone. They were in the BOL and now they are not in the BOL. If God wrote every one (who will believe before he returns) in the BOL at (the begging of the world) and they will remain in the BOL forever then no one can actually be blotted out.
If they can be blotted out then no one will ever be blotted out because only those who were never in the BOL can be in the LOF. The bible never says people were in the BOL and then were blotted out and then cast in the LOF. It says they were never in the BOL to begin with/from the foundation of the world. There are 2 kinds of people in he book of Revelation. 1. Those in the book of life and those that were never in the book of life to begin with. The reason they were never in the book of life to begin with is because they will be the ones that will be cast into the (second death) which is not life. However the bible is clear that one day death will be destroyed and that means all forms of death, including the second death. People can not be in the second death any longer if it is destroyed. This bible verse has not been fulfilled yet- (every knee will bow and every tongue will confess to the glory of God) If must happen some day or the bible is wrong. It must happen, there for they must get out of the LOF/second death someday or the bible is wrong. The bible is right so it will happen.

Any imput is appreciated. Thanks. Peace.

Truth96130

Re: The book of life questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »

If people can be blotted out of the BOL that means the book of life can be altered. If the book of life can be altered by God then he can put names in and take them out as he pleases. Therefore if it pleases God to save all (the bible says it dos) that would include those in the LOF. God can alter the BOL as he pleases.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:44 AM »

Hi Truth - - - - -,
It's all a matter of timing.
Some are called first and some last.
Each for a specific task that suits God's purpose.
We don't get to volunteer or pick our positions.
God knows what is best for each of us and how we will fit into the plan.
We will not have to worry about being in a dead end job that we don't appreciate.
Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 02:25:05 AM »

Here's a short email answer to a question about the Book of Life.

First understand that "book of life" is an idiom used to describe something SPIRITUAL, not a literal physical book with pages and names on them.

What is the book of life? JESUS CHRIST IS THE WALKING, TALKING, LIVING BOOK OF LIFE.  The Father has given His son  LIFE, and Jesus can not give that same LIFE to anyone He desires. People don't have their names written on a page in a literal book, and then later have an angel come with a bottle of white-out and remove it. Those who are not walking, talking, and living the life of Christ in them are CONTINUALLY BEING BLOTTED OUT OF LIVING BOOK OF CHRIST. Life is not in a book, but in CHRIST WHO IS THE LIVING BOOK. 

But even if one is being blotted out somewhere along his life, he can be restored. Paul turned people over to SATAN THE DEVIL to have their flesh destroyed (not there physical body, but their CARNAL HEART AND MIND) so that they would learn not to blaspheme. But after they learn not to blaspheme, then they are RETURNED to fellowship with man and God.

It has been the churches that have caused men to fear God as a fickled kind of a god who one never quite knows for sure which side of the bed he got up on and therefore we must always be in fear and trepidation of our salvation. The "Pastors" (you are correct there is truly only ONE PASTOR of the sheep and that is Christ) love this power over the dumb sheep.

Have no fear. If you love God you will NEVER be blotted out of Christ the true book of life.

Here's another.

Dear l. Ray
    i would like to know when our names is written in the book of life. is it as soon we are born or when we become born again. thanks. email address.
    thanks
    GO BLESS.
    KEMI

Dear Kemi:
    When you are spiritually converted and have the Holy Spirit of God, you are then "IN Christ" you are IN "The Book of the Life of the Lamb."  Jesus Christ IS THE BOOK OF LIFE!  And there is henceforth "NO CONDEMNATION" toward you ever again (Rom. 8:1).  That is the ultimate place we all want to be.  Etc., etc., etc.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:44:28 AM »

If people can be blotted out of the BOL that means the book of life can be altered. If the book of life can be altered by God then he can put names in and take them out as he pleases. Therefore if it pleases God to save all (the bible says it dos) that would include those in the LOF. God can alter the BOL as he pleases.

I think you're on the right track there.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »

Love it Dave.  thanks for quoting Ray....I had seen it before but forgot!!

Simple:

In Christ
In the book of Life

Truth96130

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 05:43:32 AM »

So during the foundation of the world, no one was in the book of life because no one had accepted Christ. How can that be when the book of  Revelation 17:8 KJV
 ....and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder , whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. All people were not in the BOL during the foundation of the world. Therefor all people will worship the beast?
Revelation 13:8 KJV
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

This verse is not saying that names were written in the BOL during the foundation of the world. It is simply saying-   ..whose names were not written in the book of life from (people were not from the foundation of the world) so the from is not talking about people, it is taking about the BOL, where the BOL is from-from the foundation of the world.
Also people are not in the BOL from (the foundation of the world) because they had yet to accept Jesus and most Christian believe you must first accept Jesus to be saved/in BOL. So when it says from the foundation of the world is is not talking about the names but the BOL. The BOL was from the foundations of the world and  (not people) who accepted Christ. And if they did accept Christ during the foundations of the wold then some should remember doing that. It would also mean many people are already saved and we do not need to spread the gospel to them because they got saved during the foundation of the world. How did that happen when they were not born yet? The only logical conclusion is that no one was written in the BOL during the foundation of the world. 
People worship the beast if (they had not yet accepted Jesus) and Jesus was from the foundations of the earth.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »

Hi truth96130,

Also people are not in the BOL from (the foundation of the world) because they had yet to accept Jesus and most Christian believe you must first accept Jesus to be saved/in BOL.

Yes this is what the church teaches, that you must accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and then your name will be written in the Book of Life. But what does the Scriptures say?

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who has sent Me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

This Scripture shows that we do not have the freedom of will to accept Christ, but it is only when God has determined and "draws" us that we will have our eyes opened. That's when those who were predetermined from the foundation of the world come to know Christ, who is the Book of Life, can come to Christ. Those who are chosen and who will be in the first resurrection were determined when God worked out His plan, and that plan was set from the foundation of the world.

2Tim 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal: "The Lord knew those who are His." And, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity!"

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
v. 28  And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
v. 29  My Father who gave them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.
v. 30  I and the Father are one!

God already knows every single human being that will ever be born, as He determines all things.

Eph 1:11  In Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

So those chosen to be in the Book of Life and the first resurrection are pre-determined. They are born and prepared throughtout their lives to serve a particular place in the kingdom, just as all of the chosen are being brought about to build/prepare the kingdom into just what God has determined it would be from the foundation of the world.

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me.
v. 2  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
v. 3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also.

Mat 25:34  Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Rev 21:2  And I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her Husband.
v. 3  And I heard a great voice out of Heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ireland

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »

Interesting and thoughtful question. I do not have access to the scriptures at this very second, but have been pondering this alot lately. My thoughts on the scriptures that deal with this issue are being challenged. My prayer is to see this more clearly. The word seems to state that the Elect were in him before the foundation of the world, and Israel was his beloved wife from the foundation. Maybe this has something to do with this topic, but maybe I am off a little. There will come a time when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled and Israel will be restored. God has not forgotten about his wife. We are his body and will rule in the heavens right? Who will be ruling on this earth? Not teaching here, but thinking about many verses that speak of these deep subjects. I look forward to others input.

JohnMichael

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »

Hi Truth96130,

Here are other verses that are applicable to your question:

(WNT)
1Co 15:22  For just as through Adam all die, so also through Christ all will be made alive again.
1Co 15:23  But this will happen to each in the right order--Christ having been the first to rise, and afterwards Christ's people rising at His return.

Rom 9:21  Or has not the potter rightful power over the clay to make out of the same lump one vessel for more honourable and another for less honourable uses?
Rom 9:22  And what if God, while choosing to make manifest the terrors of His anger and to show what is possible with Him, has yet borne with long-forbearing patience with the subjects of His anger who stand ready for destruction,
Rom 9:23  in order to make known His infinite goodness towards the subjects of His mercy whom He has prepared beforehand for glory,

Hope this helps.

In Him,
John

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »

Interesting and thoughtful question. I do not have access to the scriptures at this very second, but have been pondering this alot lately. My thoughts on the scriptures that deal with this issue are being challenged. My prayer is to see this more clearly. The word seems to state that the Elect were in him before the foundation of the world, and Israel was his beloved wife from the foundation. Maybe this has something to do with this topic, but maybe I am off a little. There will come a time when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled and Israel will be restored. God has not forgotten about his wife. We are his body and will rule in the heavens right? Who will be ruling on this earth? Not teaching here, but thinking about many verses that speak of these deep subjects. I look forward to others input.

Matt. 5:5  "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Zech. 14:4  "And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east....."

Truth96130

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »

Perhaps the BOL is a record in Gods mind who will not be cast into the LOF/second death because they wind up being in Christ. That would explain everything. Why some are not in the BOL during the foundation of the wold and they will be in the BOL some day after the second death teaches them what they need to learn. There are plenty of bible verses that say Jesus came to save everyone.
Jesus came to save the lost. If they are in the LOF, they are still lost and Jesus has not yet fulfilled or compleated what he came to do. Jesus is all powerfull so one day he will compleat what he came to do. Jesus will not fail in his mission to save the lost. With infinite power and infinite time, Jesus can do anything. With God all things are passable.  One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess to the glory of God. Confession is a symbol of remoras and repentance and bowing bow in a symbol of respect and honor and it gives God glory. If they were being forced to do this it would not give God glory. One day every tongue and every knee will be saved. Peace.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:24 PM »

As Ray said above, the "Book of Life" IS Jesus Christ Himself.  It is the BOOK of the LIFE of the LAMB.  The terms in the Revelation are 'symbols'.  We know this, because scripture tells us they are.  The Book of Life is not simply in the mind of God, but is the Person of Jesus Christ.  You may BE speaking symbolically and not of a 'literal book with pages'.  It's hard to know.  I just wanted to clarify it once again.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:42:06 PM by Dave in Tenn »

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »

Perhaps the BOL is a record in Gods mind who will not be cast into the LOF/second death because they wind up being in Christ.

That's not right...everyone has to be judged by fire. All the symbolic fires spoken of in scriptures are the same. Everyone must 'die to self', this is what the 2nd death is. The last two installments in the Lake of Fire series go over this extensively.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »

Hi truth,

Rev 13:8  And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:15  And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

All these verses are speaking of those who are in the Book of Life - Jesus Christ, and are speaking of the those who are being prepared in this age to be in the first resurrection at Christ's return. Those chosen to rule with Christ were pre-determined to be in God's plan from before the creation ("declaring the end from the beginning" Isa 46:10). Now as this age is unfolding these few chose who are in the BOL are being born (as He pre-determined they would) and prepared to be in the first resurrection. The next age will deal with judging the rest in the Lake of Fire, they will be purged, cleansed and saved at that time.

The Bible is primarily written to those who will be in the first resurrection and speaks very little about how things will be in the next age. So the Scripture that speaks of those in the BOL is speaking of those in this age that will be raised/changed and be in the first resurrection. They will meet Christ in the air and return with Him to "reign upon the earth."

Rev 5:10  and didst make us to our God kings and priests, and we shall reign upon the earth.

Rev 19:11  And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war.
v. 12  And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself.
v. 13  And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
v. 14  And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
v. 15  And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God.
v. 16  And He has on His garment, and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:30:11 PM by Kat »

Truth96130

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »

Ok so Jesus is the book of life. The book of revelation says some people were not in Jesus from the foundation of the world, that implies some people were in the BOL from the foundation of the world.  If all are saved then all should be in the BOL during the foundation of the world because all will eventually be in Christ some day. I think the best way to explain this is, during the foundation of the world Jesus saw those who would not be in Christ (during the verse that talks about people being cast into the LOF) Some were in the BOL at that time and some were not. That dos not mean those that were not in Christ at that time will never be in Christ in the future. Yes we need to pluck out our carnal nature or it will be forsably cut out. Better to do it now than to have it reinforced. Ether way it will happen and if someday no one will have a carnal nature then all will eventually be saved. Peace.

Truth96130

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »

Thank you every one for your comments. They explain a lot.
I understand much better than I did before. Peace, mercy and love be to you all.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 08:19:42 PM »

I think the best way to look at this is first to remember;

2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private [it's own] interpretation."

And that;
Psalm 119:160 "The sum of Thy word [is] truth..."

So what I believe might help solve this enigma is this verse of scripture;

Romans 4:17 "(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were."

Christ is called the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth even though He had not yet been slain at that time, because God calls things that are not YET, as though they were.

God bless,

Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.